Bellicheat placed Spikes on season-ending IR for being late to team me

YoloinOhio

Fitz called him a punk because

1. He knocked out Fred Jackson on the one yard line Fred fumble pats recovered.

2.Fitz threw a pick and Spikes KO Scott Chandler on a blindside hit to the head 15 yards away from the play. That's why when Spikes was hurt in the last bills game the Buffalo players where jawing with him.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the guy who flexed his bicep after delivering that cheap headshot to Freddie.

Him hurting his knee after being juked out of his jockstrap by spiller two weeks ago was one of the highlights of the season for me. Hopefully that led to this.

For tonight?

That's what I thought. I thought if you IR a guy, you get an extra spot. Not sure how it works in the playoffs, but it seems like an unfair advantage.

By the way, if you get the docs to testify that Spikes just has some minor knee thing and could easily play, the Pats would have a hard time lying to justify this move.

That's what I thought. I thought if you IR a guy, you get an extra spot. Not sure how it works in the playoffs, but it seems like an unfair advantage.

By the way, if you get the docs to testify that Spikes just has some minor knee thing and could easily play, the Pats would have a hard time lying to justify this move.

Yea he's off the 53 - that is the point of IR.

But he seems to be injured and not wanting to press the issue so....

Who were they going to pick up as good as him a week before the game??

Although I have to admit that, like most of you, I've always felt that Spikes was a scumbag...I still wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uniform next year. He is one of the better inside linebackers in the league against the run, and the Bills could use an upgrade at ILB. Not to mention, he should come fairly cheap and he is only 26. With the ability of Spikes to take on blockers, I think Kiko would be free to do what he does best - rack up tackles.

And for those of you who like to go by PFF grades: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/01/2014-free-agent-linebackers/

I wouldn't be too upset with:

Jerry Hughes (Will) - Kiko Alonso (Mike) - Brandon Spikes (Ted) - Manny Lawson (Sam)

Edited by DaBills51

Although I have to admit that, like most of you, I've always felt that Spikes was a scumbag...I still wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uniform next year. He is one of the better inside linebackers in the league against the run, and the Bills could use an upgrade at ILB. Not to mention, he should come fairly cheap and he is only 26. With the ability of Spikes to take on blockers, I think Kiko would be free to do what he does best - rack up tackles.

I wouldn't be too upset with:

Jerry Hughes (Will) - Kiko Alonso (Mike) - Brandon Spikes (Ted) - Manny Lawson (Sam)

Don't tell Fred Jackson that.

Don't tell Fred Jackson that.

If it was a different player that Spikes hurt, then maybe I think it would become an issue. But honestly, I think Fred is a big enough man/leader to realize it's about getting better as a team.

If anything, I think fans hold grudges much longer than players, since fans take things more personal. Players realize that it's a business and that they can't, nor do they have to, be all buddy-buddy with everyone on the team.

Who were they going to pick up as good as him a week before the game??

No one. But I am sure they are using the roster spot on someone, which is an advantage over the alternative.

The alternative is that you suspend a guy for violating a team rule and you eat that roster spot. That's what every other team has to do in such a situation.

Seems lame that they could use a minor injury to justify this.

No one. But I am sure they are using the roster spot on someone, which is an advantage over the alternative.

The alternative is that you suspend a guy for violating a team rule and you eat that roster spot. That's what every other team has to do in such a situation.

They could have activated someone from the PS. Didn't look to see if he did though.

I'm not positive on team conduct suspensions but during league ones the player doesn't count against the 53 or the cap. Many argue the team shouldn't get that benefit if their players are acting up and should have to eat the spot.

Edited by NoSaint

So losing a starter to replace him with a guy from the PS is an advantage?

Edited by Mr. WEO