My pre-combine draft thoughts, how about yours

simpleman

There's no chance of that happening at #9. The changing rules of the NFL have made DBs of lesser importance than OL, WR, DL, TE, QB... ect

The only way any NFL team picks a safety THAT high is if they have an embarrassment of riches at almost every other position.

I pray that you're right. I'm happy with our DBs. Maybe adding one safety for depth and competition, but not with our first pick. I have confidence that AW, searcy and Duke can be a decent threesome. And if we being back Byrd or Leonard, we won't need a safety at all. Meeks might even be an option. Maybe adding a CB to compete with brooks for the 4th CB. I'm fine with Gilmore, leodis and Robey as our top 3 cbs.

I hope we draft 2 OL, LB, TE, WR, QB with our first 6 picks (in no particular order as long as the OL is addressed). Always hoping to trade down along the way and pick up extra picks.

While I prefer to upgrade the offense early in the draft, CJ Mosley is a guy I'd be happy with (if Barr and Mack are OTB). Other than the 3 LBs, Sammy Watkins or marquise lee would be fine with me. As would a host of OL if we were able to trade down. Amaro/ebron/sefarian-Jenkins also make sense. Oline and firepower to go with one LB. and if Manziel was there, unlikely, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I don't like his persona, but I think he fun to watch and is better than Ej.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly disagree. In the new NFL, the Safety position is critical. They need to help cover Graham and Gronkowski, to be able to run with the speed WRs, to diagnose, and offer run support. Every team would draft Eric Berry top 10 if given that option

In today's NFL It's about moving towards arena football, it's more about scoring points than stopping them from scoring. Yes, having a great safety would be great. But you first need to have your QB, your offensive line and your set of targets in place.

I'd flip out if they drafted a safety (who is not going to be rated anywhere near #9) before an offensive line or WR/TE widely rated as one of the top 10 players in the draft.

I strongly disagree. In the new NFL, the Safety position is critical. They need to help cover Graham and Gronkowski, to be able to run with the speed WRs, to diagnose, and offer run support. Every team would draft Eric Berry top 10 if given that option

Who's the Eric berry in this draft? Clinton-Dix? I think he's good, but Berry is on another level IMO.

In today's NFL It's about moving towards arena football, it's more about scoring points than stopping them from scoring. Yes, having a great safety would be great. But you first need to have your QB, your offensive line and your set of targets in place.

I'd flip out if they drafted a safety (who is not going to be rated anywhere near #9) before an offensive line or WR/TE widely rated as one of the top 10 players in the draft.

We're on the same page this year sir!

I agree with just about everything the OP has offered, except for the opinions on Manziel. I just don't see an NFL QB there in his combo of style of play and size. He is Brees' size, of course, but he isn't nearly the kind of pocket passer that Brees was coming out of college.

I'd be happy to trade that pick to someone who wants to take the risk if he falls to us at 9.

I agree with just about everything the OP has offered, except for the opinions on Manziel. I just don't see an NFL QB there in his combo of style of play and size. He is Brees' size, of course, but he isn't nearly the kind of pocket passer that Brees was coming out of college.

I'd be happy to trade that pick to someone who wants to take the risk if he falls to us at 9.

He won't get out of the 1st 4 picks. Houston, Jax, and Cleveland will all take QBs IMO. I think that it goes Bridgewater, Manziel and Bortles in tht order.

He won't get out of the 1st 4 picks. Houston, Jax, and Cleveland will all take QBs IMO. I think that it goes Bridgewater, Manziel and Bortles in tht order.

They could each take QBs, this is for sure. Cleveland is said to be high on Manziel, but they could just be high on drugs the way they are running their team. The good thing is that if QBs fly off the board, other talent will be there at 9. If they don't, the Bills could potentially have a very valuable trade chip at 9. Only Bridgewater really appeals to me at the top of the draft; I'd take my chances with Boyd or Murray falling for a QB pick in the first couple of days.

Select a big WR in the 3rd. Or in the 4th. To fill the hole that Da’ Rick might have filled.

If or no other reason, I am glad this guy is done because I hate seeing this guys stupid first name. Anyone whose parents gave them that idiotic a name should be shot!

This country needs a naming committee so parent can't harm their children before they can defend themselves.

Edited by KRT88

I'm with most posters on the thought that if we trade down and Cyril Richardson is there the Bills have to take him. My dream would be trading down to a team wanting Sammy Watkins and grabbing ASJ then Cyril in whatever order. Think ASJ will drop in the draft because of teams falling in love with the size/speed combo with Ebron and Amaro, could see ASJ in the early second round. Having a good blocking TE who's also a receiving threat is also big on the O-Line's performance if they can seal the edge. I wouldn't be upset with CJ Mosley or Watkins though if the Bills were to stay put. Mosley had a pretty good game against the Sooners last night, as a run stuffing LB he looks flat out dominate, shreds blockers like a pro. Louis Nix would THRILL me if he were in the second round as well.

Please remember that on this date last year most of the major sports media publications had Geno Smith projected to go number 1 overall. Several also had Matt Barkley and Tyler Wilson (!) going in the top 15. You could look it up. We really don't know much at this point.

This.

I guess people have to fantasize about something but it's too early for any predictions to be remotely accurate, IMO.

You may not want to pick OTs early but several GMs in the league always do in every draft. That's the difference between a guy who is paid to select players, in fact, his job depends on selecting good players, and the guy who watches TV from his easy chair while snacking on beer and chips.

Then there are the draftniks and so-called media draft experts, most of who have very little basis for their status as experts.

I'm going to throw this out there and I'm sure it has been discussed before, but don't be surprised if we take Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix / S / Alabama with our 1st.

Surely you must be kidding?

Wouldn't surprise me. The Bills are typically behind league trends by a few years and know by now that having a large WR or more athletic TE is what most good offenses have. Besides, they've invested in a first round pick and need to provide him more weapons if he's going to succeed. I think this team goes offense in round 1, as they did last year.

Sounds good to me.

The Bills are on the cusp of great things. I would like to see them continue to stockpile defense with attacking players, and to fortify our lines and dominate the line of scrimmage.

This sounds good too.

I know some disagree with me but I think the talent level on the roster is good enough that the Bills can put more weight on BPA than need.

Would like to see a similar move to last year, when we traded down. Perhaps the Cardinals, who are in need of a quarterback, would swap picks 9 and 20 with us in exchange for their second-round pick. Then with pick 20 we take an OL...perhaps Zack Martin of Notre Dame.

No, I'm serious. Clinton-Dix could remind Whaley of a Polamalu type player. Flies all over the field, hits people in the mouth, and can cover. I'm not saying he would be MY CHOICE, but I could see it happen especially if he shows well in all the predraft activities.

No, I'm serious. Clinton-Dix could remind Whaley of a Polamalu type player. Flies all over the field, hits people in the mouth, and can cover. I'm not saying he would be MY CHOICE, but I could see it happen especially if he shows well in all the predraft activities.

I was just alluding to his first name being Ha-Ha.

:D