The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Until you get sick. Then you're more important than the community.

Are you saying me specifically? I would still be very unimportant relative to the larger machine. But I also have insurance and would like others to as well.

What's everyones thoughts on Trumpcare? My spring break is next week so hopefully by then I can at least go thru some of this bill and try to understand it.

Oh no...it's that bad?

I had no idea that middle schools have spring break.

The VAs been very good to me, I have no complaints.

I have no real complaints either but apparently some areas don't have the infrastructure or their staffs are overworked.

BFLo VA is one of the better VAs in the country. My father has been going there over 50 years.

Now Hines (here, outside Chicago)... Nothing but horror stories. Well, that is what I hear.

I use the VAs in Nashville and Clarksville, TN. Both are top notch, no complaints. I think the problems of years past have mostly been fixed. My experience is that today's complaints are mostly kids bitching about services they can't get and haven't earned.

BFLo VA is one of the better VAs in the country. My father has been going there over 50 years.

Now Hines (here, outside Chicago)... Nothing but horror stories. Well, that is what I hear.

I've been there many times, use to live about a mile from there. They were good to me.

I use the VAs in Nashville and Clarksville, TN. Both are top notch, no complaints. I think the problems of years past have mostly been fixed. My experience is that today's complaints are mostly kids bitching about services they can't get and haven't earned.

Lots of really good Civil War battlefields in those areas.

Are you saying me specifically? I would still be very unimportant relative to the larger machine. But I also have insurance and would like others to as well.

No, the plural you.

You millennials are weird, though. So focused on individualism, until it comes time to put cash on the barrelhead, then collectivism is where it's at.

Yep! Yet, what do you mean by "earned." You aren't going "Patton" on me. ??

It is what it is. They wanna see horror stories, my father would have to take me along to some of his appointments when I was 4-5 year old. Things weren't pretty back in 1972-1973. You don't remember much @ that age, but these things you do. You had the same crap going on back then between the "Big War" Vets and the Korea/Vietnam Vets.

It in many ways it shaped me, how woud it not?

No, the plural you.

You millennials are weird, though. So focused on individualism, until it comes time to put cash on the barrelhead, then collectivism is where it's at.

As an "Old Guy" too... I will side with this.

Everybody wants to game the system it seems.

It is what it is. They wanna see horror stories, my father would have to take me along to some of his appointments when I was 4-5 year old. Things weren't pretty back in 1972-1973. You don't remember much @ that age, but these things you do. You had the same crap going on back then between the "Big War" Vets and the Korea/Vietnam Vets.

It in many ways it shaped me, how woud it not?

The VA is much like any other program in America: the quality of service varies highly from region to region.

Congress isn't likely to come up with remotely workable health care legislation until they recognize and account for that.

The VA is much like any other program in America: the quality of service varies highly from region to region.

Congress isn't likely to come up with remotely workable health care legislation until they recognize and account for that.

Yep! Being next to UB in a city that peaked, I guess helps?

I'm retired Army. A kid that was chaptered in year three of a six year contract for being fat/unable to maintain military standards/unable to pass a physical fitness test is not entitled to the same benefits that I receive. Nor should they be. But they'll piss and moan about it.

No, the plural you.

You are misreading me, but no big deal. I'm not focused on individualism at all and roll my eyes at the majority of my self-important peers, who do in fact reflect your argument.

I make six figures and believe I should be taxed much higher. If you cut my taxes, I will give more to charity. If I need more money I'll go out and make it, but feel bad for people unwilling or unable to do that.

None of this is really contrary to capatalism either although it may appear so on the surface. My standard of living will still be higher. I feel for the working poor though and understand their anger, but likening it to slavery is a little much. The democrats deserved to be checked for ignoring these people.

But Tom... It is the Fed. They just love to "standardize" things... Everything "done the same way" nicely put into little boxes. How do you get around how the public sector is legally obliged to opearte? The USC Code is uniform. It simply can't operate like private sector.

I mean tell me about. Even @ my job, every lock & dam throughout the nation uses a certain commodity code system all because only The Soo Locks were using it. It makes absolutely no sense. And on top of it, The Soo doesn't even keep things in real-time. Same with the God awful system that standardized things 5 years ago.

The Fed just loves "neat and tidy"... Until the wheels come off due to "over-organization."

I'm retired Army. A kid that was chaptered in year three of a six year contract for being fat/unable to maintain military standards/unable to pass a physical fitness test is not entitled to the same benefits that I receive. Nor should they be. But they'll piss and moan about it.

I heard the same thing as a child. The "Big War" vets were more entitled than those wimpy Korean/Vietnam Vets.

When will the infighting stop?

Every generation goes "soft."

Crazy... I simply refuse to play that game, yet do get sucked into it from time to time.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

You are misreading me, but no big deal. I'm not focused on individualism at all and roll my eyes at the majority of my self-important peers, who do in fact reflect your argument.

I make six figures and believe I should be taxed much higher. If you cut my taxes, I will give more to charity. If I need more money I'll go out and make it, but feel bad for people unwilling or unable to do that.

None of this is really contrary to capatalism either although it may appear so on the surface. My standard of living will still be higher. I feel for the working poor though and understand their anger, but likening it to slavery is a little much. The democrats deserved to be checked for ignoring these people.

Go ahead and start donating more of your income in your taxes in you feel so strongly.

Stop suggesting others put their money where your mouth is.

But Tom... It is the Fed. They just love to "standardize" things... Everything "done the same way" nicely put into little boxes. How do you get around how the public sector is legally obliged to opearte? The USC Code is uniform. It simply can't operate like private sector.

I mean tell me about. Even @ my job, every lock & dam throughout the nation uses a certain commodity code system all because only The Soo Locks were using it. It makes absolutely no sense. And on top of it, The Soo doesn't even keep things in real-time. Same with the God awful system that standardized things 5 years ago.

The Fed just loves "neat and tidy"... Until the wheels come off due to "over-organization."

I heard the same thing as a child. The "Big War" vets were more entitled than those wimpy Korean/Vietnam Vets.

When will the infighting stop?

Every generation goes "soft."

Crazy... I simply refuse to play that game, yet do get sucked into it from time to time.

You missed the point. Any soldier from any generation who served honerably for 20+ years and retired deserves the same benefits and entitlements that I do. Those that haven't, do not, the generation they are is not relevant. Edited by Hank II

Go ahead and start donating more of your income in your taxes in you feel so strongly.

Nehh, would rather give to charity it's far more efficient. Problem is healthcare for all requires more than charitable donations.

Fallacy in that argument. Single, his money means poo. Has to be all in as a group. Unified force of taxpayers. Individuals who have extra would have no effect.

The only thing that is immoral is your belief that it is acceptable to take the justly earned dollars of one person at the point of a gun, and give them to another undeserving person.

thats disgusting dude.

we live in a country with more health care resources than any civilization in history and we are going to let people whither and die just bc of an addiction to money accumulation? man thats ultra selfish

i hope you and others with this horrible view grow out of it soon

You missed the point. Any soldier from any generation who served honerably for 20+ years and retired deserves the same benefits and entitlements that I do. Those that haven't, do not, the generation they are is not relevant.

You missed his point, which was absolutely not the point you're making, but rather was my point.