Free Agency

HSerotte

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Not 1 free agent prior to June 1. Not 1 flipping one. You want a FA, sign Byrd. Everything else is overpriced garbage. You want to spend some $$? Then sign Glenn. Sign Wood. "

We signed very useful guys like Lawson last March 13th!!

Not so.

6-10 before. 6-10 after. Poor run defense before. Poor after.

If we had signed the guys that we went after early in last free agency period, our results may be have different. Run D would have been better with DeVito. Walker or Davis would have be nice add(s) at TE too. Doug squared knew what we needed, just didn't land all of them. I have to believe that we've got our targets and we'll go hard after them on March 11th. Just need to sell them on our superior deers.

If we had signed the guys that we went after early in last free agency period, our results may be have different. Run D would have been better with DeVito. Walker or Davis would have be nice add(s) at TE too. Doug squared knew what we needed, just didn't land all of them. I have to believe that we've got our targets and we'll go hard after them on March 11th. Just need to sell them on our superior deers.

I believe I saw over the weekend that Devito was like 4th best against the run amongst 3-4 DEs. Sigh.

The most obvious moves if Jimmy Graham or Branden Albert hit FA they are first priority.

If Kevin Boothe doesn't retire, I'd offer him a 1yr deal to come across state. LG/RG and would make good vet depth regardless

Jason Fox from Detroit would be worth a flyer to bring in and be a swing tackle, believe he has started a few games for them and is still young.

De La Puente can play all the interior positions(I think, too lazy to ask NO fans), I'd at least call and get a price point.

Greg Olsen would be a priority if Graham isn't there.

Throw the house at Branden Spikes, he'd be a perfect fit next to Kiko and he gives the D more attitude and thump. Type of player no one likes unless he's on your team.

Major Wright (fast, hardhitting) around 3m would be a good signing, seems like a guy Pettine could have fun moving around.

Tramaine Brock would also be a player I'd look at, not sure if the Bills will really be looking at CB.

The way I look at it is to use FA to set up the draft, say they sign Spikes, Fox and Olsen you have flexibility with Hairston (if he comes back) to move him to G, Fox takes swing role and you can focus BPA @9. I'd love to make G solid without taking risks, but I think the Bills have the same mentality as this yea and probably draft one in the mid rounds and add some low tier FA's. Looking at one of the top TE/WR's come draft time if we cant sign a ILB.

My off-season FA approach would focus on the OL, as a few modest signings can patch up the two weak points (LG and RT):

I'd go after a mid-tier starting OT to replace Pears, along with a reserve OT to play the swing position (if Hairston comes back healthy, that's just a bonus IMO). My choice for a RT would be Zack Strief from NO, who probably can't re-sign there given that they're $8M over the cap and have to re-sign Jimmy Graham (not to mention center Brian de la Puente is a UFA as well, and will probably be a bigger priority than Strief). I think he'll come relatively cheap, figure $4.5-$5M/year. As a swing tackle, I'd go after either Will Svitek from NE or Marshall Newhouse from GB. Both have significant staring experience at both tackle spots, and neither will command more than $1M/year on the open market.

At LG, I'm in favor of drafting a big OT in the 3rd/4th round and moving him to guard (my favorite conversion guys this year are La'el Collins of LSU and Zack Martin of Notre Dame). I do think, however, it'd be good to bring in an interior player to compete at that spot in FA. Value signings with starting experience could include Mike Pollak of Cincinnati, Geoff Schwartz of KC, and Travelle Wharton of Carolina. The goal here isn't to bring in a big-name player; just a steady, experienced veteran to compete with a mid-round pick for the spot; remember: this guy's going to be playing between Glenn and Wood--he doesn't need to be an all-pro, just a serviceable player.

Re-sign or tag Byrd, and that will leave the team with plenty of draft picks to address offensive playmakers and an ILB to pair with Alonso. I'd target Mosley in round 1, ASJ in round 2, Jordan Matthews in round 3 (if he's there), and the aforementioned Collins in round 4. Grab a big RB in the 5th, a punter in the 6th, and a special teams demon in the 7th and we're good to go.

LIKELY TARGETS ARE PLAYERS THAT ARE ON TEAMS WITH NEW COACHES ,,that being said GREG OLSEN is my top target,having another good year but will carolina pay him enough to stay,?,another ,,ORAKPO hes gotta be tired of the skins bs by now maybe he decides to go elsewhere, if there is a o line guy that is a difference maker ya gotta talk to him ,,if you want to dream, GREG HARDY ,OR MICHEAL JOHNSON, or how about JARED ALLEN ,?

BRYD ISNT going to be released ,maybe traded on draft day ..or franchised again but no way,, the bills hope to keep him .

The team has the CAP SPACE, much different than having the money.

Why stop with your list? Why not sign the best G, S, LB, TE, WR, RT, etc??? Not very realistic, man...

second thread in a row i see you talking about the bills not having money.. what gives you that impression???? the NFL is the most profitable sports league in the world and the amount they make on jus the TV deals alone id guess is enough to pay operation costs. plus the profit sharing with that deal helps the smaller teams.

im hopeful the bills go after pettigrew he could be cheaper and i wouldn't mind seeing what kenny britt wants and a guard so TE,WR and a guard would be nice but after byrd is resigned.

LIKELY TARGETS ARE PLAYERS THAT ARE ON TEAMS WITH NEW COACHES ,,that being said GREG OLSEN is my top target,having another good year but will carolina pay him enough to stay,?,another ,,ORAKPO hes gotta be tired of the skins bs by now maybe he decides to go elsewhere, if there is a o line guy that is a difference maker ya gotta talk to him ,,if you want to dream, GREG HARDY ,OR MICHEAL JOHNSON, or how about JARED ALLEN ,?

BRYD ISNT going to be released ,maybe traded on draft day ..or franchised again but no way,, the bills hope to keep him .

Olsen isn't a free agent until 2016. Byrd can't be traded on draft day unless franchised. The draft starts two months after free agency so they'll have to make a decision on franchising, resigning or letting him walk by then.

Side note:

I think Scott Chandler would be good for Atlanta. I don't think Chandler is a true number one, but they have two outstanding WRs in ATL that would make sure that he would never draw much attention. It'd be a cheap option for them.

Edited by DStebb716

Strief and Haralson from the saints.

Olsen isn't a free agent until 2016. Byrd can't be traded on draft day unless franchised. The draft starts two months after free agency so they'll have to make a decision on franchising, resigning or letting him walk by then.

Side note:

I think Scott Chandler would be good for Atlanta. I don't think Chandler is a true number one, but they have two outstanding WRs in ATL that would make sure that he would never draw much attention. It'd be a cheap option for them.

we resign Chandler reasonably and draft the TE of the future early.

He has been a monster for us if you keep perspective. set records even. and came back from major injury early> reward him just

dont be silly about it.