Losers almost kill baby

I don't really think anything should be illegal when it comes to the cigs, alcohol, or drugs. Let people be adults and do what they want to mess their life up any way they want.

Anyway, my only follow up question that I have been waiting to ask:

Doesn't it disappoint you that there is no research done on the other already legal alternatives? That the whole pushing pot narrative is controlling what is getting done research wise and finding what are basically ulterior motives for the common social/pleasure smoker to gain more access to the drug? I mean, come on, you treat people who medically need this stuff and I would bet over half in California who has prescriptions just want to get high without any real ailments. It just seems to be setting the whole thing back a bit - people like RLB, Dog, and whoever else have chimed in here about pleasure smoking - are not helping your push.

Ok, why are you making assumptions that no research is being done on these other alternatives? Because you don't hear about it the news? You don't hear about anything in the news unless its violent, controversial, scandalous, political, etc. There are millions of things being researched every day, and substantial amounts of money being spent to research in all areas of life, this planet, and space that are never talked about. Cannabis is talked about because its news worthy. So for you to say these other things are not being researched is just a shot in the dark because you actually have no idea what is or isn't being researched.

Adding to that point...Cannabis has already been found to impact things that no other alternatives have been proven to be effective with yet or as effective...like cancer, seizure prevention, pain management, etc. And this is with little ability to conduct research due to its CSA 1 classification preventing proper funding for future due to the federal stance on it.

Now your comments on pleasure smoking. Who cares is my question to you. Why do you, or anyone else care? I have already shown ridiculous stats and facts (with links) showing how SUBSTANTIALLY safer it is to use than alcohol or tobacco, both of which are legal. I have already shown how substantially safer it is than prescription pharmaceuticals, yet those are legal and prescribed. Ask any officer who he would really deal with...a drunken disorderly or someone high on weed. You will get a 100% response that they prefer weed as alcohol endured people are unpredictable, violent, and out of control where as someone just high on weed is low key and mellow.

So, if you don't care if people drink (which kills 50,000 people year from poisoning, over 400,000 other people in alcohol related deaths, 40,000 people in alcohol related car fatalities, nearly 2 million ER visits annually, etc) recreationally, then why do you care if people smoke weed recreationally (shown to have medicinal benefits, ZERO deaths from use in history of world, only 400 deaths related to car fatalities related to cannabis)? Or what about smoking cigarettes? Why is that ok when that kills 40,000 people a year who don't even smoke cigarettes because they are so deadly?

So to clarify my question, why do you care if they smoke for enjoyment or medical reasons when you don't care about the use of other SUBSTANTIALLY more dangerous (to both themselves and the people around them) substances?

And I don't think things should be necessarily illegal either, however, the one thing that should be illegal is tobacco as tobacco can kill you because someone next to you is using it. When using a substance impacts the safety of people who have chosen not to use the substance then thats a problem. It will never happen of course, too much money involved, but the idea that its legal and cannabis is not is hysterically distorted.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, why are you making assumptions that no research is being done on these other alternatives? Because you don't hear about it the news? You don't hear about anything in the news unless its violent, controversial, scandalous, political, etc. There are millions of things being researched every day, and substantial amounts of money being spent to research in all areas of life, this planet, and space that are never talked about. Cannabis is talked about because its news worthy. So for you to say these other things are not being researched is just a shot in the dark because you actually have no idea what is or isn't being researched.

Adding to that point...Cannabis has already been found to impact things that no other alternatives have been proven to be effective with yet or as effective...like cancer, seizure prevention, pain management, etc.

Now your comments on pleasure smoking. Who cares is my question to you. Why do you, or anyone else care? I have already shown ridiculous stats and facts (with links) showing how SUBSTANTIALLY safer it is to use than alcohol or tobacco, both of which are legal. I have already shown how substantially safer it is than prescription pharmaceuticals, yet those are legal and prescribed. Ask any officer who he would really deal with...a drunken disorderly or someone high on weed. You will get a 100% response that they prefer weed as alcohol endured people are unpredictable, violent, and out of control where as someone just high on weed is low key and mellow.

So, if you don't care if people drink (which kills 50,000 people year from poisoning, over 400,000 other people in alcohol related deaths, 40,000 people in alcohol related car fatalities, nearly 2 million ER visits annually, etc) recreationally, then why do you care if people smoke weed recreationally (shown to have medicinal benefits, ZERO deaths from use in history of world, only 400 deaths related to car fatalities related to cannabis)? Or what about smoking cigarettes? Why is that ok when that kills 40,000 people a year who don't even smoke cigarettes because they are so deadly?

So to clarify my question, why do you care if they smoke for enjoyment or medical reasons when you don't care about the use of other SUBSTANTIALLY more dangerous (to both themselves and the people around them) substances?

And I don't think things should be necessarily illegal either, however, the one thing that should be illegal is tobacco as tobacco can kill you because someone next to you is using it. When using a substance impacts the safety of people who have chosen not to use the substance then thats a problem. It will never happen of course, too much money involved, but the idea that its legal and cannabis is not is hysterically distorted.

I don't care what loser potheads do

Wouldn't a more logical fight then be to fight for researchers abilities to actually do research utilizing CSA 1 drugs? This would get at the supposed true goal of cures without having to have smelly hippies almost kill babies.

And why just pot, why not all drugs? If heroine had an "extract" that could cure cancer, why not use it?

If people say they want research, then fight for research; don't make smelly losers be the front line in the battle. Unless of course that is the battle.

My opinion is that it comes down to a numbers thing. For every one legitimate researcher, I'm guessing there are at least 50 quacks and 1000 1960's throwbacks that offer little to nothing for society or the cause....except perhaps one thing......their numbers and the value of those numbers in fighting for research via recreation. These dolts can be loud and say the same incoherent stuff over and over and over again about recreational use until everyone just gets sick of them yapping and they get their way. It will have repercussions. Some of these may be good like treatments when these things are properly tested by professionals. Some will be bad like having to put up with these losers 24/7 and emboldening the call for legalization of additional drugs which will sprinkle the streets with all different types of losers and continue to erode the pillars of our nation, but hey I'm sure it will take more than a generation for the Chinese or the Islamists to fully take over so no Jerry Garcia wannabes will be impacted....just their grandchildren.

Actually, the correct fight is to get cannabis reclassified from CSA 1 down to a classification that allows proper research abilities. And there are plenty of things in the works to get this done as we speak, and have been for 15 years. This past year has seen some major changes from the feds where they finally have allowed the case to be reviewed and changes to the classification look to be on the horizon.

I don't agree that the other things should be reclassified like heroin and LSD (other CSA 1 class substances) because they have proven to be harmful and have not shown to have any medical benefits that other items can provide without the risk, harm and threat of death to the individual. Just saying we should research does not give it properties worth researching. And they know plenty about those, as they were legal at one point and used in medicine.

The reason there is a push for cannabis is two fold: PROVEN to be nonhamrful (zero deaths in history of world) and PROVEN to be effective at treating things safer and better than existing products which are harmful when used and effective at treating things that existing pharmaceuticals can't treat or can't treat as well (cancer, seizure prevention, etc).

You don't just legalize a drug for the hell of it. Cannabis has science behind it and proven its merit in the medical field and its safety in the recreational field compared to other legal items like alcohol and tobacco with are SUBSTANTIALLY more dangerous to the user and the people around them.

I don't care what loser potheads do

LOL...apparently you do or you wouldn't refer to them as losers or post for days in this thread. I know people who accomplish more in a month then you will in a life time who smoke weed. I know people who do more for other people in a week than you will accomplish in a life time who smoke weed. But by your bigot comments, all are losers. I guess cigarette smokers and alcohol drinkers are godly and weed smokers are just losers though. Thanks for that insightful post.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Actually, the correct fight is to get cannabis reclassified from CSA 1 down to a classification that allows proper research abilities. And there are plenty of things in the works to get this done as we speak, and have been for 15 years. This past year has seen some major changes from the feds where they finally have allowed the case to be reviewed and changes to the classification look to be on the horizon.

I don't agree that the other things should be reclassified like heroin and LSD (other CSA 1 class substances) because they have proven to be harmful and have not shown to have any medical benefits that other items can provide without the risk, harm and threat of death to the individual. Just saying we should research does not give it properties worth researching. And they know plenty about those, as they were legal at one point and used in medicine.

The reason there is a push for cannabis is two fold: PROVEN to be nonhamrful (zero deaths in history of world) and PROVEN to be effective at treating things safer and better than existing products which are harmful when used and effective at treating things that existing pharmaceuticals can't treat or can't treat as well (cancer, seizure prevention, etc).

You don't just legalize a drug for the hell of it. Cannabis has science behind it and proven its merit in the medical field and its safety in the recreational field compared to other legal items like alcohol and tobacco with are SUBSTANTIALLY more dangerous to the user and the people around them.

LOL...apparently you do or you wouldn't refer to them as losers or post for days in this thread. I know people who accomplish more in a month then you will in a life time who smoke weed. I know people who do more for other people in a week than you will accomplish in a life time who smoke weed. But by your bigot comments, all are losers. I guess cigarette smokers and alcohol drinkers are godly and weed smokers are just losers though. Thanks for that insightful post.

Why does every discussion about pot resort to pot as panacea, miracle plant, treats all known diseases, removes all stains even red wine followed by anecdotes about pothead neurosurgeons, investment bankers and small business owners before concluding with the vilification of tobacco and alcohol?

If you could drop the pretense and say that you like smoking pot and its not too bad so lets make it legal, I could probably get behind that. You're not going to make any friends disparaging alcohol.

Why does every discussion about pot resort to pot as panacea, miracle plant, treats all known diseases, removes all stains even red wine followed by anecdotes about pothead neurosurgeons, investment bankers and small business owners before concluding with the vilification of tobacco and alcohol?

If you could drop the pretense and say that you like smoking pot and its not too bad so lets make it legal, I could probably get behind that. You're not going to make any friends disparaging alcohol.

Ok, you have to understand the context of the discussion at hand. Cannabis has been vilified, mocked, and false truths portrayed in this thread. I have been providing the facts about it in relation to whether its a dangerous and shown here. So there is no choice but to compare to LEGAL things that are ACCEPTED that are WAAAAAY more dangerous to the user and those around them because the people here are arguing who bad cannabis is and how dangerous. That is why. If people stopped FALSELY claiming the dangers of cannabis then the defenders of it would not have to prove them wrong with FACTS, STATS, and COMPARISONS that undeniably prove those statements false.

I am not against alcohol, in fact, I will be on a party bus tonight drinking to go see a friends band play lol. I am not vilifying alcohol...I am pointing out the ridiculous biased of the acceptance of alcohol and the uneducated myths of the dangers of marijuana. Plus people want to judge and look down on people who use cannabis recreationally, yet not show the same biased towards people who drink despite the fact that people die from drinking too much in a night, kill other people while drunk, and die from overall use over time from it every year. Not to mention all the non fatal violent crimes committed as a result of alcohol abuse and the 1.2 million ER visits per year.

And there is the constant referring to users of it as "losers" rather than it just being their choice. So, I have been forced into a position to defend both the safety (so have no choice but to show the alarming comparisons to alcohol and tobacco) and use of it for both medical (so have been forced to educate the merits of it) and recreationally.

As far as me, I don't smoke a lot. I work a lot and do a lot of active things, and cannabis for me is more a relax time use or night time use thing based on how it affects me. I will say, I much prefer smoking a little and have a couple drinks when I am just having a good time rather than get drunk and have a hangover the next day.

In conclusion...I am saying exactly what you said...pot isn't too bad, its dumb its illegal, should be legal for people to choose and we should be taxing it and raising monies for our communities. However, on a board full of people who want to do things the hard way and scream and rant false truths about it, it takes longer to get to that point.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Lost my uncle that I was Super Bowl bound with late last night.

Only Seahawks fan I've ever known.

Addicted to chain smoking Marlboro lights, it did him in. Sad sad BS that those cancer sticks are legal IMO.

sorry for your loss.

you don't know much of anything of anything about me and my accomplishments. Likely you're right. Ut that's just because I'm a bum.

However. Let's generalize because it is fun. Farmers have done more for this world then pot heads. I win the internet!

No, no, no you've got it all worng. It's not that he likes smoking it. He likes making money dealing it to pot head with bad backs.

Amazing how every pot thread on PPP[ and they are what, bi monthly?] generates dozens of pages. Even if the OP is some thing as stupid as a kid finding a half eaten donut or whatever it was someplace outside. I just read about a kid who drank some drano he found in the bathroom cabinet and destroyed his throat. Should it be banned?

Amazing how every pot thread on PPP[ and they are what, bi monthly?] generates dozens of pages. Even if the OP is some thing as stupid as a kid finding a half eaten donut or whatever it was someplace outside. I just read about a kid who drank some drano he found in the bathroom cabinet and destroyed his throat. Should it be banned?

No. Ban bathroom cabinets.

Maryland ready to throw their hat in the ring? Very nice. Crabcakes/Casinos/Cannabis trio sounds like a good time, I can drive a few hours to support this.

http://baltimore.cbs...s-like-alcohol/

Dude, you can put the sexiest hookers and finest blow in a luxurious penthouse above a Vegas style casino in Baltimore, but.... you're still in Baltimore.

Wouldn't a more logical fight then be to fight for researchers abilities to actually do research utilizing CSA 1 drugs? This would get at the supposed true goal of cures without having to have smelly hippies almost kill babies.

And why just pot, why not all drugs? If heroine had an "extract" that could cure cancer, why not use it?

If people say they want research, then fight for research; don't make smelly losers be the front line in the battle. Unless of course that is the battle.

This post really cuts to the heart of what's going on here. You have people who like to get high and are open to all the possibilities of a plant that has some very rare and interesting properties, and you have others who associate the plant with people like dog48579 and are really not interested in about hearing about those possibilities because they've been turned off to the subject by (often disingenuous) potheads who are using that as an excuse to legitimize their position.

That's why I brought up Actual Innocence. They do a lot of good work and are a very valuable organization for anyone concerned with the legitimacy and proper administration of the justice system, but they turn people like me off because they harp on the "but if just ONE innocent..." theme when what most of them really are concerned with is ending the death penalty. That's where most of that crowd loses me in spirit because I know the reason they're giving me isn't their reason even if it may be a good one (and I don't even feel strongly about the death penalty).

And FTR, I think we should allow people to study all illegal drugs for potential medical benefits; but then I also support decriminalization generally, so...

Edited by Rob's House

I hear ya Rob, I like Camden Yards though. Pretty inexpensive night out.

Maryland Live the casino they opened a while back has been nice to me as well. No more 5.5 hour drives to Atlantic City are needed for us Virginians that enjoy a little no limit poker action.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

This post really cuts to the heart of what's going on here. You have people who like to get high and are open to all the possibilities of a plant that has some very rare and interesting properties, and you have others who associate the plant with people like dog48579 and are really not interested in about hearing about those possibilities because they've been turned off to the subject by (often disingenuous) potheads who are using that as an excuse to legitimize their position.

That's why I brought up Actual Innocence. They do a lot of good work and are a very valuable organization for anyone concerned with the legitimacy and proper administration of the justice system, but they turn people like me off because they harp on the "but if just ONE innocent..." theme when what most of them really are concerned with is ending the death penalty. That's where most of that crowd loses me in spirit because I know the reason they're giving me isn't their reason even if it may be a good one (and I don't even feel strongly about the death penalty).

And FTR, I think we should allow people to study all illegal drugs for potential medical benefits; but then I also support decriminalization generally, so...

I really would like to see some new research on LSD. Not the 50's army unwitting subject stuff with 10x normal doses but some thing aimed at improvement not mind control.

Dude, you can put the sexiest hookers and finest blow in a luxurious penthouse above a Vegas style casino in Baltimore, but.... you're still in Baltimore.

Stoners dig shitholes. They don't know any better

I really would like to see some new research on LSD. Not the 50's army unwitting subject stuff with 10x normal doses but some thing aimed at improvement not mind control.

Try meditation.

Ahhhhh Chef knows best....caviar for breakfast and duck confit for dinner ?

Sounds like crap. Inner harbor is just fine, save your advice.

Try it stoned you'll love it! I'll even sprinke some dorito dust on my foie gras before I saute it for you.