Why can't I find a good weather forecast?!?

bbb

I use the Weather Channel app and widget on my phone. Under the forecast tab, there is the next ten days. They give you snowfall amounts... BUT for only within the next 3 days.

Here is Chicago (60633):

------------

Night, 1/03/14:

Partly cloudy/Wind

-/17 F

10%

------------

SAT, 1/04/14:

Snow Shower/Wind

31/14 F

70%

NIGHT 1-3"

------------

SUN. 1/05/14:

Snow Shower

15/-15 F

60%

DAY 1-3"

------------

My town 18 miles south (30 from The Loop) is getting 2-4" on Saturday night and 1-3" on Sunday during the day.

NOW, I just switched to BFLO (14227 is set to my home town, S.Cheektowaga/West Seneca)... You are right, they are showing snow BUT no amounts. Is it because BFLO's microclimate is so unpredictable? I know here in Illinois we are getting system weather... Maybe they can't factor in the lake effect? Maybe check the severe weather alert?

That video is great. I do not understand why everybody goes crazy over bread and milk with storms?!?

add some eggs to this and you can make French toast.

Stores here in S WV get mobbed during a storm and the trifecta of foods are emptied from the shelves

in a NY minute.

I might have just stumbled into what I am looking for (not sure if this is special because of this blizzard). Weatherstreet.com:

THIS AFTERNOON

Lake effect snow. Areas of blowing snow. Snow may be heavy at times. Additional accumulation 3 to 5 inches in the most persistent snows. Very windy and cold with highs around 5 above. West winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph...becoming southwest. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill values as low as 25 below. TONIGHT

Lake effect snow. Areas of blowing snow. Snow may be heavy at times. Additional accumulation 3 to 6 inches in the most persistent snows. Windy and cold with near steady temperatures between zero and 5 above. Southwest winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph in the evening. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chill values as low as 20 below. WEDNESDAY

Lake effect snow. Areas of blowing snow. Additional accumulation 1 to 2 inches in the most persistent snows. Cold with highs 15 to 20. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as 15 below. WEDNESDAY NIGHT

Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the evening. Lows 10 to 15. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Hey bbb... Boy ole boy is karma hitting us both hard! But BFLO is taking a bigger beating! I knew this one was gonna be rough!

Anyway... I looked @ the BFLO forecast @ on the Weather Channel APP widget and it gives me snow prediction for BFLO... 5-8" Day, 5-8" night.

IT actually lists tonight in red and says: Blizzard.

Sabres game cancelled too!

It is always best to be on the "right side of The Lakes" when these polar bubbles push southward! :nana: Stay safe and take care!!

Hey bbb... Boy ole boy is karma hitting us both hard! But BFLO is taking a bigger beating! I knew this one was gonna be rough!

Anyway... I looked @ the BFLO forecast @ on the Weather Channel APP widget and it gives me snow prediction for BFLO... 5-8" Day, 5-8" night.

IT actually lists tonight in red and says: Blizzard.

Sabres game cancelled too!

It is always best to be on the "right side of The Lakes" when these polar bubbles push southward! :nana: Stay safe and take care!!

I don't know what a widget is? Is it just the weather.com app on your iphone?

Yeah, karma has been kicking our butts here since I opened my mouth..............I don't mind this much myself. But, it's really almost 3 straight months of what would be considered bad weather by most...........And, for me, I'd consider the first 6 weeks of it my least favorite - cold, windy and rainy..............I do like snow.

I don't know what a widget is? Is it just the weather.com app on your iphone?

Yeah, karma has been kicking our butts here since I opened my mouth..............I don't mind this much myself. But, it's really almost 3 straight months of what would be considered bad weather by most...........And, for me, I'd consider the first 6 weeks of it my least favorite - cold, windy and rainy..............I do like snow.

Android. ;-P ;-P Techies out there correct me, it is the app... BUT it is controlled from the home screen w/out having to open the whole app. Like a small active app.

Now... For the snow BFLO is getting, it is showing 1-2" tomorrow. It doesn't show more than two days in advance. Maybe, they just don't know what to expect?

I can handle the snow too, if it just stays cold! The up and down mess is what kills me! Work, work, work! This has been nice, streets pretty much snow covered for 3 days... Nothing but the crunch of snow! I can handle this... Just stay cold until April and then go up to 60! LoL... I hate every other day "mud season."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

That's exactly what this weatherstreet.com is showing. So, I guess I'll stick with it.

I agree on the melting, too. There's going to be a lot of flooding if it happens again with heavy rain.