Why can't I find a good weather forecast?!?

bbb

All the sites have the predicted temperature, and the chances that it might snow. But, I want to know how much it is going to snow and when - and I can't find that anywhere.

Anybody know one that has that?

All the sites have the predicted temperature, and the chances that it might snow. But, I want to know how much it is going to snow and when - and I can't find that anywhere.

Anybody know one that has that?

Like sleep said above... weather.com gives you prediction... BUT only for the next few days.

Anyway... bbb, we are getting pounded this year w/cold and snow because I spouted off earlier last fall! LoL... We got about 8" over the last two days... Some places north of Chicago got a foot. I think 60" is the most Chicago got all winter and that was over 10 years ago. I bet we come close to that this year. Seems we are getting Clipper after Clipper!

I want to know how much we're going to get, goddammit! :wallbash::lol:

I could probably watch the local news. I would think they still say it. But, why don't their websites that say they're so big on weather just tell me how much we're going to get!

Yeah, I was bragging about Buffalo's weather in arguing with you in what must have been mid October. It had been an unreal run of great weather up until then.................And that was the kiss of death - it then turned rainy and windy the rest of the fall, and now cold and snowy (which I'll take over the cold rain - as long as they will tell me how much snow I'm going to get!)..........So for those who hate the snow, unlike me, it's been almost 3 straight months of crap weather.

I want to know how much we're going to get, goddammit! :wallbash::lol:

I could probably watch the local news. I would think they still say it. But, why don't their websites that say they're so big on weather just tell me how much we're going to get!

Yeah, I was bragging about Buffalo's weather in arguing with you in what must have been mid October. It had been an unreal run of great weather up until then.................And that was the kiss of death - it then turned rainy and windy the rest of the fall, and now cold and snowy (which I'll take over the cold rain - as long as they will tell me how much snow I'm going to get!)..........So for those who hate the snow, unlike me, it's been almost 3 straight months of crap weather.

BFLO fans... We are snakebiten when we brag!

LoL... It sure was the kiss of death that discussion! There was a 300 mile lake effect snow band parked over Lake Michigan today! LoL And coming from the north east!

I don't hate snow in the least, same with the cold... I am usually running around in a t-shirt/shorts even when it gets sub-freezing. I just get tired of the mess. Yet, I rather shovel all day than mow grass! To an extent, a least it serves as a practical/useful activity.

I just can't believe how fast the water temps got down to 32 and the early ice formation... We are in some deep do-do if this weather pattern doesn't break. I think the high here Monday will be -2. Those sub-zero conditions is when the ice @ work really "knits" up... It is gonna be brutal.

Good thing is, maybe the NYC Super Bowl will get blasted! ;-)

EDIT: High Monday is suppose to be -10 and a low of -17... Damn, that's downright nasty. Boy am I sorry for ever saying: "Chicago was put on the right side of The Lake." LoL

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It's 2 degrees with a -6 wind chill right now.............The only element I hate is wind...............If it's 0 degrees with no wind, I love it. I was out walking tonight and didn't mind the cold until I had to walk straight against the wind.

A snowy Super Bowl would be great! If ratings got even higher than usual, they'd be looking at Buffalo for an upcoming one!!

It's 2 degrees with a -6 wind chill right now.............The only element I hate is wind...............If it's 0 degrees with no wind, I love it. I was out walking tonight and didn't mind the cold until I had to walk straight against the wind.

A snowy Super Bowl would be great! If ratings got even higher than usual, they'd be looking at Buffalo for an upcoming one!!

Totally agree! I hope NYC gets pounded becasue it validates Buffalo having one (weatherwise).

Good thing also is, when it breaks 40... It will feel like summer! ;-)

Lake Erie has got to be almost frozen? That will shut the snow machine off. Worst case, it could then be like '77... But we won't worry about that.

Yet, you won't have to worry about snow forecasts! It will be mostly system weather.

They usually have the tour boats @ Navy Pier go out for New Year's dinner cruises... I heard this year they had to cancel because of the ice... Some headed south towards winter storage. Usually they stay put @ the pier and put in water circulators (warm water from the bottom) and bubblers to keep the ice from jamming the hull.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

You obviously don't know where to look.

Here. This might help:

http://youtu.be/0nRyFOlz6Pg

LoL... You are shameless! God bless your hominy eating, Burl Ives loving (still one of the best interests out there) soul! Blessed are the Nanker's of the world!

She could tell me that there would be a blizzard on July 4th and I would believe her.

You too! ;-)

"Holy Moly, I will buy what she's selling!"

www.weatherunderground.com If you want good weather predictions.

If you want EXACT weather prediections...you're asking to predict the future. And I can do that for you. Just let me know how far in the future you want me to look.

Check wunderground.com. I use this site a lot.

That's what I use because I can't find any that shows me what I want. This is wunderground not telling me how much snow as usual (but at least I know how much earthquake activity there has been in the area):

Sunday

cloudy.gif 36 | 23 °F

Overcast

Monday

snow.gif 22 | 0 °F

Snow Showers

50% chance of precipitation

Tuesday

snow.gif 10 | 5 °F

Snow Showers

40% chance of precipitation

www.weatherunderground.com If you want good weather predictions.

If you want EXACT weather prediections...you're asking to predict the future. And I can do that for you. Just let me know how far in the future you want me to look.

A good weather prediction would predict how much !@#$ing snow we're going to get!

I guess you do have a point. I just opened my weather app on my tablet and we have some winter temperature warning. Every week we get about 5 warnings for stupid things. Fog warning, Winter Storm possible 100 miles north of you warning, anything stupidly possible gets a warning and drama.

Exactly. It's info about everything except how much !@#$ing snow we're going to get. Am I the only one who thinks that's the most important thing? I doubt it.

In DC, no one thinks that's important. There's only two amounts of snow down here: none, and "holy ****, holy ****, we're all going to !@#$ing die."

And I'll say it again: If you want, I can tell you exactly how much snow you're going to get in the future.

You obviously don't know where to look.

Here. This might help:

http://youtu.be/0nRyFOlz6Pg

I don't get it. Why, with all the weather graphics behind her, does she not talk about the weather, but keep repeating "Take me Tom, you magnificent stallion!"

I listen to Tony Kornheiser every day and that's ALL he cares about - how much snow are we getting, specifically in Chevy Chase-DC?!?

You listen to Tony Kornheiser?

Well, there's your problem. You're clearly an idiot.