What did you do today?

Just Jack

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to work. Cut out and replaced a rocker panel on a jeep liberty. Pounded out the side of a ford fushion and started sanding mud. Damn it was humid. Came home cut grass for two and a half hours. Still need to mow for another hour and weed wack.

From what I read, 5-8 tornadoes touched down in my area... 86-110mph. Finally got my power restored today... Ran the generator for over 24 hours. People are still without power. We did not have a drop of flood water in my basement. No damage, but trees down elsewhere. Pretty scary the last two days, called in both midnights while power was out. Both neighbors on the sides us flooded out with water in their basements. My only regret, I didn't buy a bigger generator two years ago, but didn't have the cash... Got what would get me through only. Though, I have been telling neighbors for years to get their sump situations in order! Battery backups simply quit in extended power situations. My genset has just enough to power my sump pump, frig or funace blower (wintertime you don't need a frig, just stick the food outside in coolers) and charge stuff up. I was able to take the edge off the neighbor's flood situation by pumping them down (while taking mine off line when my situation stabilized with the rain stopping). Saving grace it stopped raining pretty early... Got about 4" (my estimation, didn't check) of rain rather quickly in those few hours late Monday into Tuesday.

Got a slow leak in a tire repair and spent time with my Mother.

Was it a plug or patch... I always plug my tires, carry a plug kit in the car and do it with the tire on! LoL I never had a problem in all the years (dozens of repairs)... YET, I never run my tires bald either.

Glad you can spent time with your mother, hope she is doing well.

4 day weekend. With the holiday, plus the work I did Monday and Tuesday, I only needed a couple hours today to make 40 hours for the week.

Cool! I took the last two midnights off because of the storm... Going in tonight. My last midnight, I have the rare holiday off as my normal day off (considered my Sunday this week). I could get the holiday when I have to return on Tuesday 1st shift (16 hours for 8), but going to take the holiday off and then turn Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday into leave... 8 day holiday could have been 11 with the storm! LoL... Very rare situation this year. I still have to use 84 hours by the end of the year or lose it (you can only carry over 240 hours a year leave). It gets hard to use leave unless I am on day shift during the week or getting hit by tornadoes and torential rain! ;-)

Wage grade (not GS) gov't doesn't pay much... But working for the bennys! Swing shift probably slowly killing me when I don't get 8 days off in a row. Feast or famine with sleep. :-(

I only wish.

Hope all is well Mead.

Came to NYC for the holiday weekend with the family.

Friend comped us on Spirit of NYC dinner cruise. Thought it would suck, then massive storms were scheduled, double suck I thought,

We had a great time, pictures and videos of lightning hitting water and Freedom Tower just awesome,

9-11 memorial and museum yesterday....must do for every American if possible. Spent almost 3 hours, still felt prolly missed a ton.

Afternoon exploring and then Dinner in Brooklyn, watched fireworks from Brooklyn Bridge Park with a million of my new friends. WOW, what a fireworks display. First time ever really spent anytime in Brooklyn, very cool!

Getting back to Manhattan piece of cake, this place knows how to handle huge vents.

Edited by plenzmd1