What did you do today?

Just Jack

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said goodbye to my youngest....she's on her way to Air Force basic training in San Antonio.... :cry: ....sigh......

You must be a proud papa, NG. Proud and sad. My only is 11. I dread seeing him off for the first time, no matter what it is/where it is that he's doing.

Said goodbye to my youngest....she's on her way to Air Force basic training in San Antonio.... :cry: ....sigh......

I can remember when the kids went off to school. Wife and I missed them. Still miss them. Always makes you feel good when you see them. Grandchild makes it even better.

Drove from 48th and 8th in Manhattan to Glens Falls in two hours and 45 minutes.

Glad you are back safe.

Best wishes and prayers to her.

Thanks for all the well wishes...sigh... proud, but still an emotional wreck. Hopefully it gets better...

Which rate did your daughter choose and when will she find out where's she's stationed after boot camp?

Which rate did your daughter choose and when will she find out where's she's stationed after boot camp?

She scored really high on the ASVAB qualified for a ton of jobs and chose mid air refueler boom operator... :rolleyes: she has to do a bunch of different survival training then goes to tech school in OK...not sure where she will be stationed yet, I think that's after tech school...hopefully it's in the continental US. I guess it's a cool job.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/confessions-of-a-usaf-kc-135-flying-gas-station-boom-op-1578048155

She scored really high on the ASVAB qualified for a ton of jobs and chose mid air refueler boom operator... :rolleyes: she has to do a bunch of different survival training then goes to tech school in OK...not sure where she will be stationed yet, I think that's after tech school...hopefully it's in the continental US. I guess it's a cool job.

http://foxtrotalpha....m-op-1578048155

Wow. That is wild. Good for her!!!

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/confessions-of-a-usaf-kc-135-flying-gas-station-boom-op-1578048155

So...that's the title of the job my cousin had in

the Air Force 10 years ago

Thanks....Yeah, I was pretty impressed by that myself...she ain't no girly girl...hard to believe since she's a real heart breaker.

I did very well on my ASVAB, too. They tried to get me to go nukes. I chose Radioman, which was on the lower end of ASVAB requirements. I didn't care. It was the job that looked most-appealing to me. I loved it. I just didn't love the Navy, so I got out after 4. But I have no regrets because I did what I wanted to do.

Anyway, I'm glad your daughter had her pick and that she chose something that she really wanted.

This is seriously one of the coolest jobs I've ever seen. It's great to see a young woman take control of her career. I look forward to you bragging about her .. as you should!

I did very well on my ASVAB, too. They tried to get me to go nukes. I chose Radioman, which was on the lower end of ASVAB requirements. I didn't care. It was the job that looked most-appealing to me. I loved it. I just didn't love the Navy, so I got out after 4. But I have no regrets because I did what I wanted to do.

Anyway, I'm glad your daughter had her pick and that she chose something that she really wanted.

This is seriously one of the coolest jobs I've ever seen. It's great to see a young woman take control of her career. I look forward to you bragging about her .. as you should!

Thanks Gugny!!! Those very kind words really takes the sting out of "losing her"...much appreciated! :beer: They tried to get her to sign up for six, she chose four just in case....you know her dream job would have been a gunner on an AC130 gunship. :lol: I'll keep you updated....