Kyle Williams: "There will be changes here"

26CornerBlitz

Kyle: There will be changes here

Bills captain Kyle Williams was disappointed to end his eighth season with the Bills the way the other seven before them have, which is out of the playoffs. At the same time he believes coach Marrone has established a culture that will demand better and those that were unable to fall in line and deliver won’t be around next season.

“I think that coach [Doug] Marrone has had a pretty good finger on the pulse of the team and maybe recognized the kind of guys he wants to keep around and build a team around,” said Williams. “I’m sure every team is changing. This team won’t be the same. We will have a lot of guys back but there’s always going to be pieces that you bring in, whether it’s through free agency or the draft, he’ll build something that is going to be good. We have a long off-season in front of us.

“Not the way I wanted to end my eighth year here, but I think moving forward we have some good pieces and some good things that we can build on. For me, I don’t have to have surgery this year. I’m excited about that. I’m going to be getting better.”

This rings hollow if Danny Crossman is not fired. Who's gone next year?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'll get scolded for this especially since he's a "Pro Bowler" but Kyle Williams is very over rated. He is exactly what's wrong with this team. Not good at his position. Great at rushing the passer out of the DT spot. Horrible against the run. And IMO that's what a good DT is supposed to do.

I know I'll get scolded for this especially since he's a "Pro Bowler" but Kyle Williams is very over rated. He is exactly what's wrong with this team. Not good at his position. Great at rushing the passer out of the DT spot. Horrible against the run. And IMO that's what a good DT is supposed to do.

Maybe the coaches value a DT that can get into the backfield instead of taking up blockers.

oy vey

I will play this with you. Ok he is not good at his position. You have to admit he is talented. His sack total and abilities cannot be denied. Ok so he is not a NT for sure and not really a DT. But he is something and in his 8th year he is still someone we could build around. A solid contributor and good performer we can find a place for him on the field with the best 11 defenders on our team. Maybe that means we get a big face eating mauling monster NT to put in the mix and make room else where for Kyle. But after today I know I am not optimistic on seeing more Corbin Bryant or Stefan Charles.

Edited by jboyst62

If you cut Byrd, you have to draft Clinton-Dix from Alabama at 9 or overpay a free-agent. Pay Byrd, at least you know what you're getting. Cutting Jackson is senseless - he's our best 1st and 3rd down runner and with injuries, you need Spiller or Jackson on the field. I'd like to see them draft a quality tight end this year, but it'll take him a season to get his sea legs in the NFL. Sign Chandler to a 1-yr contract with an option for a second year. Dareus is being held accountable which is terrific. He's learning that even if you're the 3rd pick overall, you have to play by the same rules as everyone else. It's a good lesson for the whole team. Trading for Vick is like trading for Bledsoe. We'd be getting a retread QB on the downside of his career - even more so with Vick. If you think Manuel is a piece of china, think twice about Vick. Letting SJ go would be welcome as would cutting Crossman loose. SJ looks more and more like a poor man's Terrell Owens every time I watch him.

I'm glad Kyle doesn't have to go under the knife this offseason. I feel bad for him that he has had to endure so much mediocre in a high risk sport. Apparently the culture change is reactive rather than proactive. We continually wait until players prove they can't perform before we change anything. That's crummy leadership.

My prediction:

I think we are going to see Byrd, Dareus, and Spiller traded; Chandler not re-signed; changes on the oline; and Stevie and Graham cut. I also would not be surprised if we draft a big feature back to carry the load.

If that happened I would finally be able to stop rooting for the Bills.

I completely agree with you as I think Kyle would be better in a situational role rather then a starter. It's no coincidence that most of the damage on the ground vs Bills is teams running left between LG and LT which is basically right at Kyle. Maybe start Branch with Dareus next year and rotate Kyle in

As far as Kyles comments I don't think they were anything earth shattering as there are always changes

Edited by Max997

Well you think shipping Dareus for a mid round pick is good so you may want to look in the mirror.

Meh...

You're the guy who seems to think undisciplined teams can win, and that players who don't buy in don't fracture locker rooms.

Where do you think guys like Dareus fit in? Not on champions like the Patriots. His bull **** walks in New England.

My prediction:

I think we are going to see Byrd, Dareus, and Spiller traded; Chandler not re-signed; changes on the oline; and Stevie and Graham cut. I also would not be surprised if we draft a big feature back to carry the load.

Thats a great way to go 2-14 next season.

Meh...

You're the guy who seems to think undisciplined teams can win, and that players who don't buy in don't fracture locker rooms.

Where do you think guys like Dareus fit in? Not on champions like the Patriots. His bull **** walks in New England.

Or that 23 year olds are not perfect and sometimes need to mature. Plenty of players have acted like idiots early on and overcome it, plenty of teams have overcome jerks in the locker room to win the Super Bowl.

Or that 23 year olds are not perfect and sometimes need to mature. Plenty of players have acted like idiots early on and overcome it, plenty of teams have overcome jerks in the locker room to win the Super Bowl.

How do they magically overcome it? What influences help the to mature?

Explain, please, in great detail, how early human development works, as it relates to full grown men in NFL locker rooms.

Also explain why teams that win championships avoid these types of players, but that they are wrong to do so.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker