CJ "outta bounds" spiller

coastalpika

This has bothered me all season with him bit today was just icing on the cake. I watched the game with about 20 bengals fans that were rooting for the Bills and all of them could not believe how he just kept giving up on plays and running out of bounds.

There were a ton of plays this season where we ended up 3rd and short due to him running out of bounds instead of fighting for the extra yard. Put Fred Jackson's heart on this guy and he would be a pro bowler.

God this team pisses me off....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's hurt. High ankle sprain. He hasn't had his usual speed and cut ability for most of the season. Plus did you see the swimming pool they were playing on?

I can't discount all this, but Freddie is playing with broken ribs and has also had injuries all year. These two players are a pretty good indication of why the Bills are so close, yet so far away. One doesn't have all the talent in the world but puts forth all the effort and uses the gifts he has. The other has all the talent in the world and packs it in when he doesn't feel it matters.

If you feel you can't be relied on, sit out. If you want to play, play. Anything else is a disservice to your teammates.

Are u serious? Great plan. Have your rb take a ton of hits to prove his toughness.

I'd love to see some of you do the Oklahoma drill against Spiller. He'd be plenty tough.

Spiller is one of the best rbs in the NFL. He just also plays with a damn good rb in his own right.

I would never argue that CJ isn't tough. But I do think he doesn't have desire, and that is the kind of intangible that teammates respond to - both when it's there, and when it isn't.

I can't discount all this, but Freddie is playing with broken ribs and has also had injuries all year. These two players are a pretty good indication of why the Bills are so close, yet so far away. One doesn't have all the talent in the world but puts forth all the effort and uses the gifts he has. The other has all the talent in the world and packs it in when he doesn't feel it matters.

If you feel you can't be relied on, sit out. If you want to play, play. Anything else is a disservice to your teammates.

He had over 100 yards rushing & 5.5 ypc. Clearly, he was hurting the team.

i liked the way spiller ran today for the most part. there was only once that i recall him bouncing to the outside when he should have just cut it upfield and gotten the half yard or so. as for going out of bounds, i am good with that, he;s not a bruiser, his game is speed and agility, do you really want him dropping the shoulder 15-20 times a game?

He has to eliminate the bounce to outside move that usually gets him in trouble.

Also, not sure who taught TJ Graham that he has to jump up and use his body to catch a football when peewee league your taught to catch with your hands.

Horrible form.

TJ has been utterly ineffective this season.......but I believed he jumped on the play to avoid skidding/losing his footing when he stopped to catch the back-shoulder throw. I think he dropped the ball because he is not terribly sure-handed, not because he jumped.

i liked the way spiller ran today for the most part. there was only once that i recall him bouncing to the outside when he should have just cut it upfield and gotten the half yard or so. as for going out of bounds, i am good with that, he;s not a bruiser, his game is speed and agility, do you really want him dropping the shoulder 15-20 times a game?

5, when they really need the yardage and to score, would do.

I just don't see the urgency for this guy. I want him to do well, I really do. And no doubt he is electric and talented. But he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who just needs to touch the football all the time. Sad that we are saying that about a guy selected in the top ten.

I didn't say he was hurting the team. I said he wasn't doing enough.

A good player looks at that day and is satisfied. A great player looks at the loss and asks what else he could have done.

What about Freddie "all heart" Jackson with 2 drops and getting stuffed on a critical 3rd and 2? Oh that's right, Freddie is above reproach.

Watch other games. The vast majority of RBs run OOB instead of absorbing useless hits. It's called protecting your body and prolonging your career.

I would never argue that CJ isn't tough. But I do think he doesn't have desire, and that is the kind of intangible that teammates respond to - both when it's there, and when it isn't.

CJ relies on speed and agility. A sprained ankle can only be taped up but still has to bear the weight of the entire body.

Fred's just a stud and easily my favorite player on this team.

What about Freddie "all heart" Jackson with 2 drops and getting stuffed on a critical 3rd and 2? Oh that's right, Freddie is above reproach.

Watch other games. The vast majority of RBs run OOB instead of absorbing useless hits. It's called protecting your body and prolonging your career.

I never said he was above reproach. I've also said he isn't the most talented, but he makes up for that with effort.

He has dropped the ball more this year, though I missed those two plays today.

The 3rd and 2 was, I thought, just a bad play call that NE would (and did) see coming a mile away. Our guys can't beat theirs on that play. Look at where they did beat them on fourth down -- but TJ Graham's hands are terrible. Better play call, bad execution.

You can prolong your career by not getting hit, no doubt, but you better bring it when it matters. I just don't see that from CJ enough.

It's not plays where just going out of bounds where nothing else is there is just a smart play, there were multiple instances where it looked like he could have gotten an extra 5 yards if he had just any desire to pick up the extra yards. One play late in the game he had a receiver blocking his ass of in front of him and he just stepped out 5 yards from where the down filed block was being made, Even my wife made a comment.

Disagree. Watch Jim Brown run over guys half his size. Look to how long his playing career well into his 30s. Oh wait!

Only in Buffalo do we criticize a guy who averages 5 ypc for his CAREER! Sometimes I wish guys like Spiller & Stevie left the Bills & would finally get appreciate like the really good players they are.