Danny Crossman/ST units

JM57

He is not going anywhere.

Don't you guys remember when we had bad ST before? This is what will happen.

1) marrone will say he will personally be more involved in ST

2) the bills will then say that they will change some scheme things

3) they will then devote more starters to ST unit

4) finally, after another year or two of this, someone in the FO will force marrone's hand and he will fire crossman.

That's always how it goes with these ST coaches.

If your calling card is accountability, you can't work this way.

The fact that no one on this board disagrees that the guy is a hack is pretty telling.

Crossman needs to go and there is not a soul in this world who doesn't know it, save for, perhaps, Marrone. Hopefully he comes to his senses.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that no one on this board disagrees that the guy is a hack is pretty telling.

Crossman needs to go and there is not a soul in this world who doesn't know it, save for, perhaps, Marrone. Hopefully he comes to his senses.

Agree 100%. This is probably the closet to 100% the board has ever been.

STs was junk all year long. You can't go 6-10 & have no changes. I love the direction of the D. I think Hackett did a lot better than he was given credit for given the qb injuries. But there was nothing positive about STs except Sons of Anarchy Dan Carpenter. And that's all on Dan.

We need to correct some wrongs I say we

#1 bring back Dehaven he is an assistant ST coach in Carolina.

#2 Hire Chan to be our QB / Ast Oc coach, he said he loves the Bills I think he would come back. He can install the pistol package that Cj flourished in. I also think the pistol is pefect for Ej.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

It's not just the ST coach. Marrone needs to take a look back and ask if he made the right choice in his OL and QB coach decisions. This is where Whaley comes in as the GM and helps the coach right the ship.

It's not just the ST coach. Marrone needs to take a look back and ask if he made the right choice in his OL and QB coach decisions. This is where Whaley comes in as the GM and helps the coach right the ship.

QB coach? They need one. Hackett is not the answer there.

For an OL coach, I'm not sure if its coaching that is the problem, or that the new offensive scheme just isn't a good for for Pears and maybe Urbik. LG NEEDS to be fixed regardless if it was scheme or coaching.

Some of us, in looking at Crosman's less than stellar record pre-Buffalo record and the appearance of his only being hired because he was Marrone's friend, thought he was a bad hire that might cost us a game or two this year. Lo and behold, those folks were right! Let's hope the Bills realize this and correct the mistake this offseason

Edited by MattM

I'm willing to give Marrone the benefit of the doubt with this season & see what he's made of next season, but if Crossman is still employed next month Marrone should be sent packing ASAFP. That's not hyperbole either. If keeping Crossman is the decision he makes he either lacks the judgment to be a successful coach or he lacks the will to prioritize appropriately. Either is a deal breaker

He needs to be fired. If he's not, our FO is really making a mistake.

Right, and this whole "accountability" crap we've been hearing from Marrone is also very suspect if he keeps his pal.

IMO,

in crossman's defense, i don't recall seeing him on the field whiffing badly trying to tackle the diminutive blount. but yes, i think the special teams have been pretty awful this year.

Caveat: I have not yet looked at all-22

That said, what I think I saw is that the ST unit was playing undisciplined, getting out of their lanes or not seeming to know what their lanes were even. This has been a recurring problem throughout the year in addition to dumb-a** penalties.

Both of those are on the coach. If one player whiffs another should be there.

+1. Preach it, Brother!

This is a board which exemplifies the line "opinions are like !@#$s. Everyone has one, and few people want to examine someone else's in much detail". When everyone seems to have the same opinion, with the minor variation that some people don't think Marrone will actually "Cowboy up" and make (what they agree would be) the right decision, it's very telling.

Can't disagree here, either.

Edited by Hopeful