Around the NFL Week 17

Beerball

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the Jets-Dolphins game. Earlier the Jets QB threw a pass caught by a receiver, but he did not get both feet in bounds, only one foot. Dierdorf said it was complete because the knee was down before going out of bounds. (The foot and knee of the same leg, mind you!) I don't understand why this would be considered a catch, and the Dolphins did not challenge it. Could one of you rules experts please explain?

Thanks!

-Long-lost Moose

Two feet is just the most common of a variety of ways to establish possession in bounds.

Watching the Jets-Dolphins game. Earlier the Jets QB threw a pass caught by a receiver, but he did not get both feet in bounds, only one foot. Dierdorf said it was complete because the knee was down before going out of bounds. (The foot and knee of the same leg, mind you!) I don't understand why this would be considered a catch, and the Dolphins did not challenge it. Could one of you rules experts please explain?

Just like the other guys said already... one knee = two feet

or you can have any other part of your body (other than a hand) touch down in bounds and have it be considered in bounds. Other parts of the body include torso, head, shoulder, forearm, knee, thigh, hip, elbow, etc.

Anyone watching Ten-Hou? Just saw Levitre nearly tackle his own WR on a screen play, then on the following play he whiffed horribly and got Fitzy drilled.

Funny

Oddly, RedZone has been staying away from the game.

Gee, I can't imagine why.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

lol At Dierdorf.....

He says the Dolphins have to go for it on 4th down when the ball is still their side of the 50. (4 minutes into 2nd half down by one touchdown). Love it.

Dolphins get stuffed. Turnover on downs.

Lol Dierdorf...

Edited by PolishDave

lol At Dierdorf.....

He says the Dolphins have to go for it on 4th down when the ball is still their side of the 50. (4 minutes into 2nd half down by one touchdown). Love it.

Lol Dierdorf...

It was basically at midfield and I think the right call to go for it there

lol At Dierdorf.....

He says the Dolphins have to go for it on 4th down when the ball is still their side of the 50. (4 minutes into 2nd half down by one touchdown. Love it.

Lol Dierdorf...

Doesn't that stuff kill ya? Why go for it? You're facing the Jets' offense, not Denver.

Punt, play for field position, don't be stupid

It was basically at midfield and I think the right call to go for it there

Yeah.. It's the right call if you are a Jet's fan.

Not a wise decision there based on anything, including how the game is going.

If you want to go for it there, you run a fake punt.

Or, if it is half way through the 4th quarter maybe I go for it there. Under these circumstances no.

But really, I don't care that they did go for it. I was more so enjoying the fact that Dierdorf said that the Dolphins "Must" go for it as if there was no choice. That is really what I was laughing at. And then he got the call wrong. Totally laughable.

lol At Dierdorf.....

Lol Dierdorf...

lynch said that the panthers offense will play better and cam will be forced in to making smarter decisions without Steve Smith. The next play...INT. Lynch says Cam is going to sruggle with finding open WRs without Smith.

Have any of you guys ever watched that old show Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Basically they would just sit and mock out a movie and make funny comments as the movie played.

It would be funny to have someone talented do that for football games.

I'm watching the Jets vs Miami game. Dierdorf mentions how bad the Dolphin's offense was last week against Buffalo. He mocks them 2 or 3 times saying how anemic they were. Never once did I hear him credit the Buffalo Defense with playing an outstanding dominating game. Still no respect.

At times I have dreamed of pegging Dierdorf in the head with a snowball in the stadium parking lot at the Ralph. No I wouldn't really do it, but the thought is nice.

That's been Dierdorf's MO throughout our playoff years. He's not alone. It almost seems like it's painful for,any

Analyst on tv to actually admit we beat a team. Our own BUFF News and Democrat in Rottenchester picked almost every game against the Bills. We need to hammer NE today and then come out fast for the media to ever admit we have the 8th ranked defense, 2nd ranked rushing attack, and the props on sacks and INT'S.

Yeah.. It's the right call if you are a Jet's fan.

Not a wise decision there based on anything, including how the game is going.

If you want to go for it there, you run a fake punt.

Or, if it is half way through the 4th quarter maybe I go for it there. Under these circumstances no.

Disagree. In a must win situation down 7 at home in the third quarter going for it on 4th and 1 at midfield is the right call

Fake punt, yeah bc that's the right call there. If ur going to go for it u go for it u don't mess around with trickery

Edited by Max997

Have any of you guys ever watched that old show Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Basically they would just sit and mock out a movie and make funny comments as the movie played.

It would be funny to have someone talented do that for football games.

I vote that this position goes to PolishDave...