• Wade Phillips Interim HC-Houston
    • Greg Schiano-Tampa Bay
    • other
    • Rob Chudzinski- Cleveland

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Texans hired Penn St HC Bill O'Brien. So clearly Wade Phillips didn't get the job, FIRED!

Anyone else remember O'Brien getting into a shouting match with Tom Brady when he was an assistant with the Patriots. I like him already!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24394043/report-texans-to-hire-bill-obrien-as-new-coach

1) Shanahan -skins

2) Frazier-Vikes

3) Schwartz- Lions

4) Chudzinski-Browns

5) Schiano - Bucs

6) Phillips- Texans, tho he was the interim HC from Gary Kubiak

The count is up to six now. More to follow i think. Perhaps the Dolphins, Titans, Raiders, NY Giants.

Apparently, big mouth Rex is safe, as is Jerry's boy Jason Garrett

NFL head coach tracker

Five coaches were fired within 24 hours of the 2013 season ending. Three coaching situations remain up in the air. The Houston Texans found their new coach Bill O'Brien just before the clock struck midnight on New Year's Eve.

We'll have around-the-clock updates on everything you need to know about the coaching carousel right here:

Hirings

Houston Texans: The Texans reached an agreement with Penn State's Bill O'Brien as their new coach, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday night, per a source informed of the negotiations. O'Brien coached two seasons at Penn State and was previously the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Former Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith is finalizing a deal to become the Buccaneers' new coach, Rapoport reported, per a source. Smith was the favorite to get the job.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

tumblr_myongcpPVq1rge74zo1_500.jpg

The Browns fans have new GM Michael Lombardi along with the Browns owner, and CEO on their shirt.

Bills fans could do the same thing with Brandon, Littmann, Wilson on a t-shirt. I don't think new Bills GM Doug Whaley deserves any humiliation just yet, JMO.

In other news, former Bears HC Lovie Smith is the new Bucs HC. He was fired after a 10-6 season in 2012, and he did get the Bears to the super bowl in 2006

Lovie wanted to be the HC in Buffalo before Marrone got the job. Just like Marty Schottenheimer wanted the job before they hired Gailey. Whatever....

The Browns fans have new GM Michael Lombardi along with the Browns owner, and CEO on their shirt.

Bills fans could do the same thing with Brandon, Littmann, Wilson on a t-shirt. I don't think new Bills GM Doug Whaley deserves any humiliation just yet, JMO.

In other news, former Bears HC Lovie Smith is the new Bucs HC. He was fired after a 10-6 season in 2012, and he did get the Bears to the super bowl in 2006

Lovie wanted to be the HC in Buffalo before Marrone got the job. Just like Marty Schottenheimer wanted the job before they hired Gailey. Whatever....

:thumbsup:

The Texans hired Penn St HC Bill O'Brien. So clearly Wade Phillips didn't get the job, FIRED!

Anyone else remember O'Brien getting into a shouting match with Tom Brady when he was an assistant with the Patriots. I like him already!

http://www.cbssports...en-as-new-coach

1) Shanahan -skins

2) Frazier-Vikes

3) Schwartz- Lions

4) Chudzinski-Browns

5) Schiano - Bucs

6) Phillips- Texans, tho he was the interim HC from Gary Kubiak

The count is up to six now. More to follow i think. Perhaps the Dolphins, Titans, Raiders, NY Giants.

Apparently, big mouth Rex is safe, as is Jerry's boy Jason Garrett

Last season saw 8 HC's get the ax, and now this year its 7 with Munchak now added to the list.

Doubtful any more HC's get fired, but still so many are on the proverbial "hot seat" going into next year.

The NY Giants threw their OC under the bus, and if Coughlin doesn't win next year....