Bills Bar in ....France?

plenzmd1

lol. A bills bar in France. I don't see it. No way. Never.

I was in Paris France in 94 and unlike America their clubs/bar don't open till midnight or 1:00 am. Any way there were no good bars open except an Irish Pub that had a band covering Rage Against the Machine in horrible accents, it was awesome.

The French were our allies during the Revolutionary war. without their help............Who knows?

The most noteworthy gift from the Nation of France to the people of the USA is the Statue Of Liberty.

On 9.12.01, a headline in the (Paris) Le Monde read:

"Today, we are all Americans"

Just a few examples.

Speaking ill of our friends is bad form.....

Very well said!

Hi guys,

i hope you're all doing well, even those who seem to not make the difference between german (they are the one with shaving issues) and french girls!

For bars in France, well the only Bills bar i know is my home (where Bills fans are always welcome) but the Basque Country is not on the usual beaten track of the american tourists... so if you're, like all the others, in damned Paris (you want rude frenchmen , you'll be served!), the best bar for american sports is the Moosehead in the Latin Quarter.

Have a great end of the year guys!

(PS: If some of you plan to cross the Pond for the Penn State game in Dublin next fall contact me!)

Hi guys,

i hope you're all doing well, even those who seem to not make the difference between german (they are the one with shaving issues) and french girls!

For bars in France, well the only Bills bar i know is my home (where Bills fans are always welcome) but the Basque Country is not on the usual beaten track of the american tourists... so if you're, like all the others, in damned Paris (you want rude frenchmen , you'll be served!), the best bar for american sports is the Moosehead in the Latin Quarter.

Have a great end of the year guys!

(PS: If some of you plan to cross the Pond for the Penn State game in Dublin next fall contact me!)

Bonne annee, Olivier. Love your part of France but we're more "Dordogne people." Wait, my wife says Albi or Chinon. Or Arles. Definitely Paris. Maybe Bayeux. Ah, heck, we love the whole country.

There's a fine sports bar on Port Royal in Paris in the 5th called "Aux Marsouins". It's a short block to the east of where Rue Berthollet meets Port Royal (Rue Flatters). Cozy, enough flat screens, pleasant crowd, good food and drink and, best of all, happy hour starts at 1 in the afternoon and lasts until 9. Very civilized, but I don't know if they do NFL games. Most definitely do rugby though.

Edited by yungmack

Hi Gents, Thx for all the replies. Ended up at the Great Canadian, only a few short blocks from our apartment. Place was great, had every game on, and was pleasantly crowded for Sunday at 11 PM. More Bills fans in there than any other team, most who now live in France. Met two French natives that became Bills fans during the glory years. Not a place I would go typically on vacation as it felt like being in the US, put great to watch the NFL!

Course, wifey no happy I stumbled in at 2 AM...but what's a vacation if your wife not pissed at you at least once!

Hi Gents, Thx for all the replies. Ended up at the Great Canadian, only a few short blocks from our apartment. Place was great, had every game on, and was pleasantly crowded for Sunday at 11 PM. More Bills fans in there than any other team, most who now live in France. Met two French natives that became Bills fans during the glory years. Not a place I would go typically on vacation as it felt like being in the US, put great to watch the NFL!

Course, wifey no happy I stumbled in at 2 AM...but what's a vacation if your wife not pissed at you at least once!

Just have to make it up to her :flirt:

How long you over in France ?

We are in Paris till Friday morning, then off to London till Monday morning. Made the executive decision kids could miss school on. Monday as flights were 50% cheaper then Sunday. Plus, when we made the reservations, wanted to make sure we were not in the air in the off chance the Bills were in the playoffs...yes I am always optimistic!

BTW, way crowded here....glad we are doing more neighborhood walking tours, smaller museums etc. we walked by the Louve today and I swear the line for tickets must have been at least 2 hrs, and even the museum pass line was 1 hr.

We are in Paris till Friday morning, then off to London till Monday morning. Made the executive decision kids could miss school on. Monday as flights were 50% cheaper then Sunday. Plus, when we made the reservations, wanted to make sure we were not in the air in the off chance the Bills were in the playoffs...yes I am always optimistic!

BTW, way crowded here....glad we are doing more neighborhood walking tours, smaller museums etc. we walked by the Louve today and I swear the line for tickets must have been at least 2 hrs, and even the museum pass line was 1 hr.

I love Paris. My family and I were just in London before Christmas. We had a great time. Have fun.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: