Not to be negative about Woods

ColdBlueNorth

Woods needs to control himself... BUT there should've been a penalty called on the DB he was locked up with who drove him back into the pile after the play which started the whole thing.

Woods needs to control himself... BUT there should've been a penalty called on the DB he was locked up with who drove him back into the pile after the play which started the whole thing.

Woods held him the entire play. The DB did nothing wrong, in my opinion.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a clear double standard here. Even the announcers thought it was dumb to eject him for the game. Raji pulls the same crap against the Steelers, actually a DIRECT punch, and only gets 15 yards and a talking to on the sidelines. Same should have happened for Woods.

At any rate, it is awesome to have players who have emotion. As I recall, the 90's Bills had emotion. I'll take this learning mistake from Woods. Play hard, to the whistle, and only "PUSH" after the play if you need to.

I agree with you as far as Woods holding him the whole play. But was was said before he threw the "punch", we will never know.

I think the referee should have ejected Woods like this: #10 WR is being ejected from the game for being dumb enough to attempt a close fist punch on an NFL helmet. By rule of retardation, he is being ejected and will seek medical help. 15 yard penalty, prayers for his mental health, first down Dolphins.

Not defending Woods because the team comes first and that was a purely selfish act, but at the initial block it looks like the safety he locks up with has his hands up under Woods facemask and keeps pushing after the whistle...and Woods flips out and finishes with a takedown and a nice cross face.

It probably felt good to Woods, but be ended up costing the team 15 yards and his services when they were already down 2 WRs.

"Actually didn't know who it was," Woods said. "Earlier in the game I was talking to [No.] 28, [cornerback Nolan] Carroll, saying 'good game, good plays' and stuff like that. Same thing with [cornerback Brent] Grimes. I don't know where [Jones'] actions came from, but actually [No.] 20, he cheap-shotted me last time we played as well. But I didn't know it was him. It was just one of those things where I guess that's how he plays."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10186123/robert-woods-buffalo-bills-talks-ejection

@buffalobills

Marrone on @robertwoods: "He's mature enough to know that he can't put us in jeopardy" further discipline may come from NFL.

@buffalobills

Robert Woods: "I want to play football with passion, but throwing the punch wasn't necessary" has already been spoken to by Doug Marrone.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz