Todd McShay Mock Draft 1.0

Taking a WR in round 1 is a luxury the Bills can not afford. You build a team from inside out and front to back. Offensive line needs to be addressed and ILB is are high on my list. Who ever is the starting QB next season will need time to throw. WR will probably be addressed in the later rounds or FA signing period. Need a RT to bookend with Glenn. Signing Glenn is a good move.

I agree with you for the most part, but man would I love to see Mike Evans in a Bills uniform.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills only seem to re-sign players that are willing to take a "hometown discount" - such as Stevie Johnson and Eric Woods. When a player digs his feet in the ground and asks for top Free Agent money, then we usually have a big problem.

Letting players go (regardless of position) almost always hurts the team, unless there is a legitimate backup plan.

We can talk about the perceived "value" of a guard all day. But losing Andy Levitre was a big blow to this offense, and will likely require a pick in the first 3 rounds to (hopefully) fill the hole that he left. Nate Clements may have been overpaid, but think about how bad our cornerbacks were once he left. And consider that we've drafted Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Williams and Stephon Gilmore very high (amongst other mid round picks) - all trying to fix that position.

I can't see that there was any "hometown discount" at all with Eric Wood(4th highest paid C in the league)......and likely wasn't with SJ either(22nd WR). Both seem to be paid in accordance to where their relative skills were perceived to be at the time of signing. (Many will argue that we over-paid for SJ.....not in fact got a discount.)

In regards to Levitre, it is not the question of perceived "value" of a guard......it is the perceived value of that particular guard. Levitre is being paid as the 4th best OG in the league. Unlike Wood(& SJ), the Bills obviously didn't perceive that his relative skills were commensurate to the contract he was demanding.

Taking a WR in round 1 is a luxury the Bills can not afford. You build a team from inside out and front to back. Offensive line needs to be addressed and ILB is are high on my list. Who ever is the starting QB next season will need time to throw. WR will probably be addressed in the later rounds or FA signing period. Need a RT to bookend with Glenn. Signing Glenn is a good move.

The offensive line isn't nearly the disaster this board makes it out to be. Even with Legursky playing we are still probably a top 10 - 12 OL. Our quarterbacks (who have no experience) make the sacks allowed stat look a lot worse than it should be.

Biggest need? Guard

Easiest position to fill? Guard.

Top 10 pick on a Guard? NO NO NO.

4rd round Guard? OK

Free Agent Guard? OK

This man gets it! The best guard in FA last year signed for 4 years $23.5M, and he was only 26 years old. You can't really pick a G or a RT in the top of the 1st round.

I agree with you for the most part, but man would I love to see Mike Evans in a Bills uniform.

As long as we get him in the 2nd round or later. I just don't see 1st round talent with this guy. He's tall, but his routes aren't crisp, he doesn't appear fast, and his hands are avg. He doesn't seem to "fight" for the ball either. Does someone have a good highlight video that I haven't seen to show me otherwise.

The offensive line isn't nearly the disaster this board makes it out to be. Even with Legursky playing we are still probably a top 10 - 12 OL. Our quarterbacks (who have no experience) make the sacks allowed stat look a lot worse than it should be.

This man gets it! The best guard in FA last year signed for 4 years $23.5M, and he was only 26 years old. You can't really pick a G or a RT in the top of the 1st round.

As I mentioned in a another thread, virtually EVERY team would immediately trade you their best starting guard for a top 10 pick.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

I don't think they'll let Glenn go. I think Marrone is an OL guy who is trying to build a winning team here, and you don't do that by letting guys walk. Peters, in my opinion, was an aho who refused to sign here, and we got Eric Wood as a result. Fine. Don't wanna be here, we don't want you. I think Byrd is seeing something here, and that's why he may stay.

Who should we take in the first? Let's see how it plays out. They did a great job last year, parlaying the 8th for a few extras. It's way too early to make predictions, but it's fun to play with the idea.

I hope we beat the Pats and get a lower pick.

Andy Levitre this past offseason: 6 year 46.8$ million.

IMO im all about letting over-hyped players walk if they ask for insane amts of money. But Glenn is not that player. This guy is a STUD and appears tl be a class act. SIGN HIM to whatever he wants if he continues playing like this.

Peters played well here and we lucked out finding Glenn who is even better IMO. We may not get lucky a third time. Some teams go years w/o finding a solid LT.

Churning through LT is not a recipe for success long-term imo.

PFFFFF Try n find a good to great QB!?