ESPN AFC East Blog... What a Joke

TheMunsch

Is it me or is the ESPN AFC east blog for the Bills a complete joke? Mike Rodak posted twice today once about the draft order and another with random stats. This guy sucks he is a Pats fan who got assigned to us. We need someone who actually likes the bills to write. I bet you could find people here who would write for free and would do a better job then him.

Is it me or is the ESPN AFC east blog for the Bills a complete joke? Mike Rodak posted twice today once about the draft order and another with random stats. This guy sucks he is a Pats fan who got assigned to us. We need someone who actually likes the bills to write. I bet you could find people here who would write for free and would do a better job then him.

No national writers know anything about the Bills. Not sure if we should expect more based on lack of relevancy, but if they are paying someone to write about a team, ESPN should expect them to provide info and insight regardless. I agree, it is frustrating. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Tim Graham? Is that you?? Are you back for good?

What happened to the guy that replaced Tim Graham?

Demoted from AFCE blogger to a Dolphins blogger. I think ESPN reshuffled their blogger coverage from one guy each division to one guy each team. Of course, the Bills were the only team to get an intern as their "professional" blogger.

Mike R. Is better than the idiotic AFC-E blogger last year.

I will say this it's not great but there is volume and about 1/5 articles are interesting.

You got Buffalo Bills app, TBD front page and Buffalo news Press Coverage then everything else.

ESPN is never gonna break anything but I thought this guy was an upgrade to that complete bafoon last year.

I agree that walker sucked, but thats not a ringing endorsement saying Rodak is better. My issue is all his content appears here at least an hour before he posts it and there is nothing original and he never gives any decent analysis. I just feel the lack of substance is due to him not caring about the bills. Doesn't he still write for ESPN boston in his spare time?

I agree that walker sucked, but thats not a ringing endorsement saying Rodak is better. My issue is all his content appears here at least an hour before he posts it and there is nothing original and he never gives any decent analysis. I just feel the lack of substance is due to him not caring about the bills. Doesn't he still write for ESPN boston in his spare time?

You just described every ESPN story ever. I think your expectation of ESPN may be off. ESPN doesn't break stories it rehashes local stories and beats national stories like a dead horse.

Clearly rehashing from this very board.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/5384/where-is-kevin-kolb-these-days

Hi Mike!

Edited by Why So Serious?

We need someone who actually likes the bills to write.

It sounds like you want a cheerleader not a writer. If that's the case, look-up Chris Brown on the official Bills site. JMO, but I like the job Rodak has done this season, a major improvement over Walker.

Rodrak is light years better then Walker. I used to send him messages once in a blue moon to say wtf are you doing? He would spell guys names wrong, list them at the wrong position, or forget who's on the team. He was a doof. Rodrak is like a fan site blogger, and before his stint with ESPN he did a lot of fan type sites. ESPN Boston was one of them. ESPN had a ton of layoffs 3Q or 4Q 2012, a lot of names were shuffled in the wake, rodrak was our shuffle.

It sounds like you want a cheerleader not a writer. If that's the case, look-up Chris Brown on the official Bills site. JMO, but I like the job Rodak has done this season, a major improvement over Walker.

I think another way to put it is someone who is knowledgeable about the Bills. Doesn't need to be a "fan" but even those who like the Bills aren't always cheerleaders and in many cases the opposite. Take this board, for instance. But a site like this needs objectivity and knowledge.

I don't get this comment... this is an ESPN AFC East blog where a writer is paid to cover a specific team. It does not matter whether they win or lose. They are being paid to cover each team. Not just the ones who won the week before.

If we win games, we become relevant. If we become relevant, we get better coverage quality.

It's not rocket science.