LAMP (OT) American Idol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the husband looks like he is only ambition in life is to own a double wide in the park.  Trashy!  The little kid was cute, but where were her shoes?

I have a problem with the entire audition process.  First and foremost we all know here that randy, simon and paula  do not screen all the 20k contestants.  They get to look at a select few.  From that we see that the producers let in the really bad singers for the gag.  What gets me is that most of these "acts" bring family and friends down and they look truly shocked that they don't make it.  I mean who gives these folks the idea that they are good?  Don't they realize they are part of the joke element of the show?

210928[/snapback]

Exactly.

I let the ol' lady watch it and read my latest issue of US News cover-to-cover.

American Idol is trash.

People have no sense of priorities these days.  How many chances do you get to be an "idol"???   :D

211025[/snapback]

But you can make tons of money if you win or even if you don't and are "discovered"...

Again, though, the problem lies here not with the singers, but their friends and families...

Ya know, the ones who after the performer takes the whiskey soaked microphone away from their face after their 7th rendition of "American Pie" at Bob's Tavern on '$.50 drafts-till-you-puke Karaoke night', tell them that they are "an awesome singer"...

It is amazing how some of them actually think the have talent. Like the girl with the torn clothes who Simon said she dresses better than she sings.

My favorite would probably be the guy with the 5.9% headband. Could anyone understand a single word that came out of his mouth?

Then the 2 girls they were showcasing, the hot blonde in red, and the one who said God had sent her to sing. I actually thought the blonde was pretty good, but I thouht she was going to attack the judges after they turned her down.

I felt bad for the janitor guy. He was pretty good. I did'nt quite understand why Paula said he was too "old fashioned". So what? At least he was not a phony.

Looking forward to tonight's episode. And the really bad people should not despair, maybe that psycho girl could be the next William Hung.

Talked to my sister last night at about 7... told her it was on,...she said she doesn't watch the first couple of weeks, with the bad people, etc... that's ALL i watch.. once they cut down to the "good" people, it sucks... but right now, the awful people are so damn funny...

210920[/snapback]

Those are the only shows I watch! The rest isn't worth watching.

Jeff

But you can make tons of money if you win or even if you don't and are "discovered"...

Again, though, the problem lies here not with the singers, but their friends and families...

Ya know, the ones who after the performer takes the whiskey soaked microphone away from their face after their 7th rendition of "American Pie" at Bob's Tavern on '$.50 drafts-till-you-puke Karaoke night', tell them that they are "an awesome singer"...

211031[/snapback]

You can also make tons of money buying lotto tickets, but it isn't a very smart idea to pin your hopes to that. Doesn't only one person win this thing (out of tens of thousands)?

The problem IS with the "singers". The problem is that way too many people in this country believe that they should be looking for a shortcut and an easy route, rather than getting educated and working hard towards some success.

I wonder how many of the tens of thousands of people who tried out for this thing called in sick for work so they could go audition.

If it's all fun and games that's fine, but for people to question a mother bagging this nonsense to care for her sick child is just absurd.

What gets me is that most of these "acts" bring family and friends down and they look truly shocked that they don't make it.  I mean who gives these folks the idea that they are good?  Don't they realize they are part of the joke element of the show?

210928[/snapback]

These are the same people who sign the waiver to be on Cops. I've had pets that are smarter.

The girl at the end, you just knew there was going to be something about her the way they kept bringing up the fact she was going to be on soon. What a psycho.

210869[/snapback]

Some of these contestants (ususally the worst ones) appear to be absolutely psychotic - especially when they're told they can't sing. Have you ever noticed the looks in some of their eyes? It's scary.

I swear some day we'll hear on the news that one of the American Idol audition loser loonies is stalking one of the judges, or is threatening them....or worse!

Maybe it'll be some other newsworthy event like jumping off a bridge or holding a kindergarten hostage, but at some point, there'll be national news of some psycho - and we'll see over and over again the American Idol audition tape.

A lot of the ones they show on AI just seem ready for a straight jacket.

That's hilarious. It was just as funny when Simon called them fat.....haha :devil:

212468[/snapback]

And then when the one sister said the other was 160 pounds on camera and they started yelling at each other. "I'm only 150!, your make me sound like a cow!"

Classic

The two dudes at the end though.... WoooW!

I'd like to perform a song by David Hasselhoff