My theory on why the Bills looked so horrific today

1billsfan

Atlanta 34 - Bills 31

I saw a team that was so completely unfocused today that I wondered if that the OT loss to Atlanta last week crushed them. I did not recognize the Buffalo Bills today. Garnering any sort of meaningful conclusions on individual players or coaches in this game is pretty much pointless IMO. Having said that, the Jaguars game will be very telling IMO. Next week there is no longer the "not enough time to get over the season ending crushing defeat" excuse.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Brown said on the pregame show the were pretty flat in practice most of the week. No coincidence that they followed up the deflating loss against Atlanta in a similar fashion to the deflating loss against KC.

Atlanta 34 - Bills 31

I saw a team that was so completely unfocused today that I wondered if that the OT loss to Atlanta last week crushed them. I did not recognize the Buffalo Bills today. Garnering any sort of meaningful conclusions on individual players or coaches in this game is pretty much pointless IMO. Having said that, the Jaguars game will be very telling IMO. Next week there is no longer the "not enough time to get over the season ending crushing defeat" excuse.

Precisely what it was.

I've had weekly premonitions that have come to fruition almost every time this year.

Last week's was: we will not win a close game. We might blow them out, they might blow us out, but if it's close, we lose.

This week's: the game will not be close.

I knew one of two Bills teams would show up: a dejected one, or one playing with its hair on fire. I think it's clear which one we got.

Can you blame them? The psychological fall out over that falcons game was devastating. As fans, we are still reeling. Just imagine the players.

It's not easy rebounding from mind boggling, improbable losses where you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. These new players haven't experienced the bills losses of old.

The Bills hv looked pretty much the same in all of their road games with the exception of Miami

The team has no confidence whatsoever in road games and I don't expect anything different next week

EJ looks like a rookie QB playing on the road for the first time in every road game

Can you blame them? The psychological fall out over that falcons game was devastating. As fans, we are still reeling. Just imagine the players.

It's not easy rebounding from mind boggling, improbable losses where you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. These new players haven't experienced the bills losses of old.

Is the sarcasm on here? :lol:

Most of the starters on this team have been here for A LOT of deflating Bills losses.

Some of the biggest bumbling culprits today.....like Eric Wood, Stevie Johnson and Leodis McKelvin....actually go all the way back to the JAURON era.

These guys ONLY know how to lose and they are a veteran team.....contrary to stats that portray them as young because all of their depth and their QB's are young.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

They all realize that the season is over. We have all but turned against them. Why chance getting hurt at this point, and now it seems to bring up the question how high is our draft picking slot going to be? It is sad really. For a while now I guess we all knew this was coming.

Offense was inept...

defense completely shut TB down after the first quarter, allowing under 100 yards the rest of the game and only 7 total in the second half.

How many times did the Bills hand them the ball at midfield or in our territory and force a FG or punt?? Without that BS call on Byrd for roughing the passer it would have been another FG not a TD...

D balled out after the first quarter and got literally no help at all

Pettine showing great ability to adjust, Hackett not so much...

Edited by matter2003

Seriously? How about Monday when you pick up a WEEKLY 6 figure pay check

Was this loss really that terrible, we just passed Tampa on the draft board. If you don't make the playoffs, whats the point of a win. Moral victory? Drop in the Draft board? Really the loss is actually a good thing.

Yeah, they might as well lose out at this point. Mail it in. Stevie short arming that ball that was picked said it all. He's not gonna let some inaccurate rookie QB put him in the hospital in a meaningless game this close to the offseason vacation time.