Pats* pull another one out of their posteriors

BRH

No sure if this has already been posted in the 5 pages, but I was watching the NBC SNF highlight show today (DVRd it) and saw that after NE scored the go-ahead TD, Clev still had time to move the ball down the field, and did in fact try some very long FG, which fell short.

The interesting, and not surprising, thing was on Clev's last play before the game-ending FG try, it was a pass completion, and a NE DB CLEARLY launches himself at the receiver, but no personal foul penalty was called. Again it was very easy to see, and even Dan Patrick noted it as he narrated the highlight.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sure if this has already been posted in the 5 pages, but I was watching the NBC SNF highlight show today (DVRd it) and saw that after NE scored the go-ahead TD, Clev still had time to move the ball down the field, and did in fact try some very long FG, which fell short.

The interesting, and not surprising, thing was on Clev's last play before the game-ending FG try, it was a pass completion, and a NE DB CLEARLY launches himself at the receiver, but no personal foul penalty was called. Again it was very easy to see, and even Dan Patrick noted it as he narrated the highlight.

Dan Patrick and you are imagining things.

Signed,

Roger Goodell

That game was a sham,a scam, a wham-bam-thank you, maam. A "wop-bop-a-lula, what the heck is going on, I might never watch the NFL again, this is crap" moment for me.

Nothing new I hear will even surprise me. It's not a conspiracy, it's just craptastic "game management", not from either coach, QB, or team, but from the officials, who are probably too nervous about making the "wrong" call, being under the camera and replay's shadow, to realize how inconsistently they are interpreting the incredibly silly rules they are asked to enforce.

Roger Goodell is an over officious jerk.

Like I said, a sham.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

That game was a sham,a scam, a wham-bam-thank you, maam. A "wop-bop-a-lula, what the heck is going on, I might never watch the NFL again, this is crap" moment for me.

Nothing new I hear will even surprise me. It's not a conspiracy, it's just craptastic "game management", not from either coach, QB, or team, but from the officials, who are probably too nervous about making the "wrong" call, being under the camera and replay's shadow, to realize how inconsistently they are interpreting the incredibly silly rules they are asked to enforce.

Roger Goodell is an over officious jerk.

Like I said, a sham.

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Like you said, it is no conspiracy... Just inconsistent incompetance... Refs are afraid of their own shadows, especially in a Pats* game that will surely get nationwide attention. It is just not evening out, nor willl it ever. It is a sham that can plainly be seen. It is time to strip the game back to basics, which will never happen. Too many hands are in spoiling the pot.

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Like you said, it is no conspiracy... Just inconsistent incompetance... Refs are afraid of their own shadows, especially in a Pats* game that will surely get nationwide attention. It is just not evening out, nor willl it ever. It is a sham that can plainly be seen. It is time to strip the game back to basics, which will never happen. Too many hands are in spoiling the pot.

Yep. It's kinda like EVERY game is a home game for the Patriots, such is their reputation, and station in the class system of the NFL. And with all the new rules, and the new guidelines, there is just more opportunity for "the home team" (America's Team, really. The Winners!) to get the benefit of the call.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

I'd love to see someone put together a video compilation of all the questionable calls that favored the Pats at the end of games that resulted in them winning. In the past 5 seasons alone it seems like there are at least a dozen.

I'd love to see someone put together a video compilation of all the questionable calls that favored the Pats at the end of games that resulted in them winning. In the past 5 seasons alone it seems like there are at least a dozen.

Just off the top of my head, the ones I recall include: Bills (multiple, the worst being the JP game a few years back that TMQ wrote about), Ravens Monday nighter, the Giants game the last game of the undefeated season, Dolphins Monday nighter, Houston game about ten years ago (late, late penalty away from the play wipes a Brady game-ending pick off the board, allowing the Cheats to go on to win--even the announcers weren't sure of the call), the Tuck Rule, the AFCCG vs. the Colts, the Saints game this year, all to go with the Browns. Feel free to add your own....

I wonder how many other teams have been able to go un-penalized during games this season? It would be very interesting to see if teams like the Bills, Browns, Jaguars, Lions, Bengals, etc. receive more penalty calls than the same teams that have been "winning" during the last 10-15 years (i.e., Pats, Giants, Saints, Packers, Colts, Steelers, Broncos, Cowboys, etc.).

I wonder how many other teams have been able to go un-penalized during games this season? It would be very interesting to see if teams like the Bills, Browns, Jaguars, Lions, Bengals, etc. receive more penalty calls than the same teams that have been "winning" during the last 10-15 years (i.e., Pats, Giants, Saints, Packers, Colts, Steelers, Broncos, Cowboys, etc.).

A quick google uncovered this little nugget from 2011.

http://www.nfl.com/n...nalty-vs-denver

The rare accomplishment has happened just 40 times since the start of the 1976 season, a span of 8,173 regular season games.

Yet it happens for the Pats twice in the same season, and they have yet to play us at home so three times is looking like a strong possibility.. Yeah, nothing fishy here at all. <_<

A quick google uncovered this little nugget from 2011.

http://www.nfl.com/n...nalty-vs-denver

Yet it happens for the Pats twice in the same season, and they have yet to play us at home so three times is looking like a strong possibility.. Yeah, nothing fishy here at all. <_<

Steel Panther! Awesome!---was playing some Panther at work this AM. "It Won't Suck Itself", "17 Girls in a Row".....

Anyway, can anyone imagine the meltdown at this place if EJ or Spiller took a hit to the knees that Gronk got in CLE? Biblical.

Steel Panther! Awesome!---was playing some Panther at work this AM. "It Won't Suck Itself", "17 Girls in a Row".....

Album of the decade! Listening at work on headphones I assume? I have a new favorite song every week. This week I'm enjoying Gold Digging Whore....

There's a half a dozen girls you could be dating

But this one's going to ruin your credit rating

Better check your FICO!!!

Album of the decade! Listening at work on headphones I assume? I have a new favorite song every week. This week I'm enjoying Gold Digging Whore....

There's a half a dozen girls you could be dating

But this one's going to ruin your credit rating

Better check your FICO!!!

I still get misty when "Weenie Ride" comes on. Damn power ballads...

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Count me as one who misses the replacement refs. Say what you want about that Seattle-Green Bay call but it's not like the regular refs don't blow calls like that on a weekly basis. And NE* wasn't getting half of the knob-bobbing from the replacement refs that they get from the regular refs.

In other words, I am going to get done what I have to get done. If the Bills do well and I can maintain what I am doing while listening to the Bills then good. If I find myself taking time to watch the games that only end up disappointing me then I am wasting my time. I watch in the beginning of the season when there is hope and end up missing out on some bigger tasks I could be doing.

i do similar. once eliminated, im far more apt to catch an abbreviated replay after the fact instead of spend the 3+ hours sunday afternoon.

the answer is VERY few.

or not

http://www.teamranki...alties-per-game

Miami? the least ? wow Must be an Incognito thing

what we've all seen and is most interesting is if you sort by Away

the Cheatriots have the fewest.

Last 3 games 3.7 per game the Cheatriots have the fewest.

Last game vs Cleveland 6 !!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The refs weren't calling anything that game either side, texans had two penalties all game also

Wasn't there an "Intentional grounding" call against the Browns that was wrong, but they overcame it? And then wasn't there a non-call against Brady when he clearly IG'ed the ball? (I can't even remember if it was this game, because the bad calls were coming so fast and furious yesterday). Then there was the personal foul on the TD, that set up the onside kick.

NFL=Sham

Brady's "IG" that wasn't called landed at vereens feet, all QBs ground it into the feet of RBs who are blocking