Pats* pull another one out of their posteriors

BRH

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even need to see this game to know the outcome. Saw the final score, fully expecting a Pats win.

The Browns are our kindred spirits.

True. Bascially the same teams.

Think of all the heartbreaking, gut wrenching losses both fanbases have endured.

The fumble, the drive, the homerun throwback, wide right.... Not all of them have names, of course.

One of my best friends is a diehard Browns fan and has always had this weird, borderline homosexual, infatuation with the Patriots*. He would always say I was just a bitter Bills fan when I would complain about officiating handing the Patriots* wins throughout the years. All of that changed today.

The defender's grab happened at the 5 or so and not in the EZ as called so that's where the ball should have been placed.

If the penalty hadn't been called Brady would have directed them to a score anyhow. All the penalty did was give the Brownies more time to attempt their comeback.

Edited by Pneumonic

as soon as doing well got the on sidekick I knew they were going to win I said the I said the television you're f****** playing Cleveland of course they're going to win put the f****** refs give em every f****** call I swear NFL games are fixed.

No way the Pats were handed this game. The Browns were rewarded a critical 3rd down reception that kept their drive alive that put them up 26-14. All the Browns needed to do was recover an onsides kick. That being said why the Browns ST did not come up inside the 10 yard line on the onsides kick is beyond comprehension. You get to play the ball the first 10 yards without interference.

what really bothers me about these pathetic calls, is when they bring a guy like pereira in or any other 'expert' they will show the replay (as was the case last week with Robey's PI) and say something along the lines of there was contact blah blah blah'. Of course there was contact, there is contact on every single pass play, the problem with the flag is that at that crucial moment they decide to get 'ticky tacky'.

We aren't stupid fans, we all know is was a bad call, call a spade a spade. I feel, as an expert, you'd have more credibility. Its like holding it happens on every play. You just choose to call it.

what really bothers me about these pathetic calls, is when they bring a guy like pereira in or any other 'expert' they will show the replay (as was the case last week with Robey's PI) and say something along the lines of there was contact blah blah blah'. Of course there was contact, there is contact on every single pass play, the problem with the flag is that at that crucial moment they decide to get 'ticky tacky'.

We aren't stupid fans, we all know is was a bad call, call a spade a spade. I feel, as an expert, you'd have more credibility. Its like holding it happens on every play. You just choose to call it.

Completely agree--they bring in Pereira to simply whitewash whatever the call was, good or bad. Folks should also remember that Mike Pereira actually wanted the League to allow refs to be hired by

individual teams upon their retirement from reffing, possibly the single worst idea in the history of the sport ("why thank you, Ref A, for your years of hard work calling games in our favor, here's your gold watch and 500k a year sweetheart deal"). That told me all I needed to know about good, ole Mike P.....

The defender's grab happened at the 5 or so and not in the EZ as called so that's where the ball should have been placed.

If the penalty hadn't been called Brady would have directed them to a score anyhow. All the penalty did was give the Brownies more time to attempt their comeback.

Sorry, dude, but you're missing the point here--that was not PI at all and that call only gets made in favor of the Pats* when they're down at crunch time

I don't know which odds were better: that chickensh!t call being made or the Browns actually recovering the onside kick.

I pretty much guessed this ending the whole way. First TD would be a cake walk and leave more than a minute on the clock, Browns would blow the on-side kick, and after that I shut it off knowing the final result was a mortal lock.

Speaking of the onside kick, how come no one covers that dribbler play? You see it all the time, yet why don't coverage teams place a guy directly in front of the kicker exactly ten yards away and have him take a step forward so he can field the ball before being hit?

Sorry, dude, but you're missing the point here--that was not PI at all and that call only gets made in favor of the Pats* when they're down at crunch time

Perhaps we saw different replays but the ones I saw the defender clearly tugged on the receiver around the 5-8 yard line. What is open for debate I suppose is if it warranted the tossing of the flag.

In any event, Brady was directing the Pats to a TD score regardless.