judman

Cycling - Lance Armstrong

Baseball - 1/4 of the league on HGH

Soccer - Italia Serie A match fixing

NBA - referee point shaving

NFL - Spygate I, Spygate II

Boxing - a high number of controversial decisions

Olympics - http://www.history.c...olympic-history

Go to 3:17 of this Japanese broadcast of SB25. Jim Kelly has just spiked the ball to kill the clock after a Thurman Thomas draw brings the Bills to the Giants 29 yard line with :08 to go. Norwood runs out on to the field with Reich as his holder to setup for the kick. Parcells calls a time out to ice Norwood, and screams for "JERRY" to get over and talk to him. The presumed swap-out occurs at this point. The ball Kelly spiked was not the field goal ball, hence the swap to the tainted ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT5ieYs4uow

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/ball

Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/ball

Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game.

I do not think that rule was in the rulebook for XXV??? Wasn't that added later so the kickers wouldn't work the footballs up? Hence, they could kick them farther, especially on kick offs.

What year did that go into effect?

Anyway... Don't the Giants have the ball and something else of Norwood's? On display @ their stadium? That is like the North Koreans and the USS Pueblo!

The Pats lose Wilfork and Mayo, start a bunch of scrubs at those positions and nothing slows them down. Rookie, unheard of WR's? No problem. Losing Gonzalez and Gronk? No problem. They could lose Brady and they'd still win all the time. Something about Bellicheat and Ernie Adams just doesn't seem right.

One thing I have long suspected is that Brady's headset doesn't turn off during the plays. He usually seems to find open receivers and he always avoid taking broadside sacks.

The Pats lose Wilfork and Mayo, start a bunch of scrubs at those positions and nothing slows them down. Rookie, unheard of WR's? No problem. Losing Gonzalez and Gronk? No problem. They could lose Brady and they'd still win all the time. Something about Bellicheat and Ernie Adams just doesn't seem right.

One thing I have long suspected is that Brady's headset doesn't turn off during the plays. He usually seems to find open receivers and he always avoid taking broadside sacks.

That is why they need to get rid headsets stat. The potential for cheating is too great. If there was cheating going on, one would never know @ ALL... Ever... It could never be exposed.

The doubt is too great and it will never be erased.

1194215978_9104.jpg

giants-patriots-brady-sack.jpg

1932.jpg

brady.jpg

20120113_010758_Brady%20sacked_400.jpg

SACKED.jpg

payback for the cheating allegations?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bill-belichick-insults-york-jets-170000545--nfl.html

then linked to

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/12/bill_belichick_takes_a_hilarious_shot_at_the_jets_this_morning

"I was there for five years," Belichick said. "It was five important years in my life, for myself, my family and all that. Obviously, we've all moved on, and I have a job to do here and that's where my loyalty is, is to Robert (Kraft), the Patriots organization and this football team. So it's no different than how I feel, honestly, about the Colts, or the Lions or the Broncos. I feel differently about the Jets. We won't put them in that category.

payback for the cheating allegations?

http://sports.yahoo....00545--nfl.html

then linked to

http://bostonherald....ts_this_morning

"I was there for five years," Belichick said. "It was five important years in my life, for myself, my family and all that. Obviously, we've all moved on, and I have a job to do here and that's where my loyalty is, is to Robert (Kraft), the Patriots organization and this football team. So it's no different than how I feel, honestly, about the Colts, or the Lions or the Broncos. I feel differently about the Jets. We won't put them in that category.

It's just as likely that Belichick's hatred for all things green stems back to 2000 when he refused to babysit the Jets HC job for Parcells and quit on them only to then have his mental health and coaching capability publicly questioned by Jets President Steve Gutman. That this all ended up in Belichick having to also relinquish a mid 1st rounder to the Jets surely didn't help matters any. He's loathed them ever since.

Who checks to make sure they do?

Who checks to make sure they do?

heres some info on the current system, and references an nfl frequency coordinator that monitors everything:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/2573/robert-griffin-iii-helmet

first few paragraphs are about the suspicions and beliefs of players/fans, the second half is the actual technology and discussion of whats vulnerable and how it would have to happen

Edited by NoSaint

O'Leary's book brings up Doug Flutie's radio interview quote that during his Patriette career he once picked up another's QB helmet and was shocked to hear the booth seeming to keep talking to the QB well beyond the League-mandated cutoff point. This interview took place right after Spygate and apparently when approached on it afterwards Flutie decided to clam up about it with "no comments". The book also links to other articles that discuss how right after Spygate the League found that Patriette headsets had two frequencies/channels instead of the League-mandated one, which may explain how they were doing what Flutie seemed to be alleging....

heres some info on the current system, and references an nfl frequency coordinator that monitors everything:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/2573/robert-griffin-iii-helmet

first few paragraphs are about the suspicions and beliefs of players/fans, the second half is the actual technology and discussion of whats vulnerable and how it would have to happen

Rod Marinelli and Jack Del Rio have each accused the Cheats* of this (headsets at Gillette going out on key plays late in a game) in the past

They were caught and penalized. End of story. I hate them just as much as everyone else. All this thread sounds like is sour grapes. For everyone here that thinks they still cheat, I've got some more conspiracy theories for you guys to go nuts with.

1. We never landed on the moon.

2. Pop rocks and Pepsi can kill you, it killed Mikey from those old cereal commercials.

3. Elvis is alive.

4. A magic bullet killed Kennedy.

5. The pyramids were built by aliens.

6. Obama isn't an American.

7. A guy hung himself in a background of a scene in The Wizard of Oz.

GO BILLS!

What has this League become? Remember when QB's were mocked for wearing wrist bands w/the plays on it! Now it is open book test for everyone!

Yeah. They also ran kindergarten offenses compared to what they run now. The game is so much more complex.

They were caught and penalized. End of story. I hate them just as much as everyone else. All this thread sounds like is sour grapes. For everyone here that thinks they still cheat, I've got some more conspiracy theories for you guys to go nuts with.

1. We never landed on the moon.

2. Pop rocks and Pepsi can kill you, it killed Mikey from those old cereal commercials.

3. Elvis is alive.

4. A magic bullet killed Kennedy.

5. The pyramids were built by aliens.

6. Obama isn't an American.

7. A guy hung himself in a background of a scene in The Wizard of Oz.

GO BILLS!

Yeah. They also ran kindergarten offenses compared to what they run now. The game is so much more complex.

So, then go back to kindergarten offenses!

Again... It doesn't matter. Could you ever dream of a pitcher/catcher wired w/the clubhouse! LoL Football is a joke as we know it!

The game is bigger, faster, more high tech... BUT does it make it better? I say a big: NO! Not better @ all.

The San Diego game in BFLO where power was lost because of the mylar balloon was a rare treat! Then when power was restored, let the noise pollution rule! They had to cram all the ad time into the last remaining minutes. Maybe all games should be played without power? The clutter nowadays is overwhelming! One can just imagine the joke that is going on in those headsets.

So, then go back to kindergarten offenses!

Again... It doesn't matter. Could you ever dream of a pitcher/catcher wired w/the clubhouse! LoL Football is a joke as we know it!

The game is bigger, faster, more high tech... BUT does it make it better? I say a big: NO! Not better @ all.

The San Diego game in BFLO where power was lost because of the mylar balloon was a rare treat! Then when power was restored, let the noise pollution rule! They had to cram all the ad time into the last remaining minutes. Maybe all games should be played without power? The clutter nowadays is overwhelming! One can just imagine the joke that is going on in those headsets.

Lol. Luddite! Fair enough. Preferences are ppreferences. I'll admit I gave up on baseball. I don't have the 6 hours it takes to watch one game only to have the team I'm rooting for lose on a call that could easily be corrected by the use of replay. And the only reason the right call can't be made is that "it's how it has always been." Great reasoning by baseball. Don't change archaic rules for the sake of...

Yet again....tale of 2 halves.

blanked into the half....at Gillette.....big comeback 2nd half.

interesting. ....I'm sure all the Brady fan boys will use the he's just so awesome rubber stamp excuse.

some more hot and awesome ADJUSTMENTS by BB....He too is just better. Gift PI call from the shield...ices it.

The league is a joke.

O'Leary's book brings up Doug Flutie's radio interview quote that during his Patriette career he once picked up another's QB helmet and was shocked to hear the booth seeming to keep talking to the QB well beyond the League-mandated cutoff point. This interview took place right after Spygate and apparently when approached on it afterwards Flutie decided to clam up about it with "no comments". The book also links to other articles that discuss how right after Spygate the League found that Patriette headsets had two frequencies/channels instead of the League-mandated one, which may explain how they were doing what Flutie seemed to be alleging....

Rod Marinelli and Jack Del Rio have each accused the Cheats* of this (headsets at Gillette going out on key plays late in a game) in the past

One thing I will never understand his how Brady gets off Scott free from the stain of cheating. I firmly believe he benefitted by learning the position of qb (for years) under a system of cheating that at a minimum allowed him to know what the defense was before the ball was snapped, and possibly even more insidiously being given instructions in his head set up and maybe even through the snap. Imagine how many talented qbs could have developed into great ones with this unbelievable advantage to not only win games but also master the position. Barry bonds and mark McGwire are ostracized for being cheaters but Brady is still mentioned as being one of the best ever - when he did it in a known pervasive system of cheating for years?????

Edited by stevewin