Gilmore has been picked on by oppossing teams his entire career

Interesting point on Gilmore turning his back. I noticed it a few times in this game. I have never played the game so I don't know for sure, but it seems to me like a good DB should never have to do that. I am interested in a comment from someone who has some expertise here.

He not only turns his back, you can sometimes see him doing full 360's :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be fine. A little sophomore slump combined with being injured for the first time.

No one can use his entire body of work in the nfl to prove he stinks. Maybe in consistant, but there were plenty of games he shut down talented WRs. He did a helluva job on Lloyd, Fitzgerald and Blackmon last year.

http://presnapreads.com/2013/06/04/stephon-gilmore-an-elite-cornerback-lost-in-the-failings-of-the-buffalo-bills/

From the Jets game last year to the Falcons game today.

It's been consistent for the first two years of his career, opposing teams purposely attack him in their gameplan.

Gilmore is just not that good. Lets be honest here.

Give the guy some slack. He's been hurt most of this year. Only his second year. No Way Will I condemn him yet.

11/30/13 Gilmore presses through challenging season

It's been a long recovery road to travel in season for Stephon Gilmore, but with five games left in the regular season, the cornerback finally feels like himself again.

Much like pins held his wrist together so fragile bones could heal, so too was the Buffalo secondary held together in a delicate state for several months.

Both are better now, partially in thanks to Gilmore's healthy wrist. Gilmore sustained the injury in late August after a preseason game against the Redskins.

“It was miserable. I mean I talked to my fiancé, and my mom and dad, told them I had to have surgery, and it was a six to eight week injury,” Gilmore said. “I never got injured before, so it was my first time.”

He will be fine. A little sophomore slump combined with being injured for the first time.

No one can use his entire body of work in the nfl to prove he stinks. Maybe in consistant, but there were plenty of games he shut down talented WRs. He did a helluva job on Lloyd, Fitzgerald and Blackmon last year.

http://presnapreads....-buffalo-bills/

pretty much what I am thinking. Finally got to see the game. Even though he has had a rough season and it is disheartening to see him regress, I can't write him off. He showed a lot of promise last year, he has played well at times this year, and last year when people were ready to kick Aaron williams off the team, he shows up this year. I think there is enough talent on this team to seriously compete, but they need a lot more experience to go a long with that talent.

I honestly think that the only changes talent wise that are really needed is help at MLB when we are in the 3-4, an upgrade at Tight end, and oline help. And I would like to have a more dominant wide receiver, but that might not be an easy find, and might not be necessary if all the rookies improve. The talent is there at other positions, but they need experience. I am not a fan of Hackett, but it is hard to tell if he is part of the problem or if he is a victim of inexperienced players screwing up.

I really think a legit tight end would do wonders for this offense. I used to like chandler. He was a big target that caught everything thrown to him. But this season he has dropped quite a few easy catches, and he is making himself expendable.

From the Jets game last year to the Falcons game today.

It's been consistent for the first two years of his career, opposing teams purposely attack him in their gameplan.

Gilmore is just not that good. Lets be honest here.

The last 11 games of last season were a revelation. He played very well.

Other than his injury which curtailed his fine training camp and first 5 games this year, I have no explanation for his seeming regression. I think it's a combination of factors, including playing a new scheme in which the DBs have more freedom in certain areas as well as his confidence.

Whatever the reasons, he is not the same player we saw the after the first five games last season.

GO BILLS!!!

May I have your attention? Stephon Gilmore does not dictate whether the Bills' defense plays press man, off man, or zone coverage on any particular play. This is a TSW Public Service Announcement. Thank You.

While I agree with your larger point, to be fair, this isn't entirely true. The corners do have some flexibility when it comes to certain coverages in certain situations. It's often Gilmore's option to press or play off in man coverages.

GO BILLS!!!

The last 11 games of last season were a revelation. He played very well.

Other than his injury which curtailed his fine training camp and first 5 games this year, I have no explanation for his seeming regression. I think it's a combination of factors, including playing a new scheme in which the DBs have more freedom in certain areas as well as his confidence.

Whatever the reasons, he is not the same player we saw the after the first five games last season.

GO BILLS!!!

While I agree with your larger point, to be fair, this isn't entirely true. The corners do have some flexibility when it comes to certain coverages in certain situations. It's often Gilmore's option to press or play off in man coverages.

GO BILLS!!!

It is tough to see. In a scheme where Aaron Williams (new scheme and new position) and McKelvin (who I had pretty much given up on) have both thrived, Gilmore seems to have gone the other way. Initially I attributed it to rust and the club, but now I am getting mildly concerned. He seems to have the talent, best utilized in press coverage, but seems to get beat a lot lately. Is it the dreaded sophomore slump ?

OK good, so now we're moving where we should have been all along - he is not a shutdown, elite, top 5 CB, but he is growing and developing. Absolutely no reason to write him off, but let's not crown him yet either.

Wow... couldn't have said it better myself

I'm not a big fan and quite frankly don't get the Gilmore love. Seems to get beat often. Is always trying to grab the WR which results in at least one penalty a game often at inopportune times.

Don't know what the reason is, but he seriously needs to pick up his game. Only 1 int in 20+ games is not impressive either.

OK good, so now we're moving where we should have been all along - he is not a shutdown, elite, top 5 CB, but he is growing and developing. Absolutely no reason to write him off, but let's not crown him yet either.

Yes, cannot write him off this year. Next year will be the critical one for him. What I am finding disappointing is that he seems to lose his man quite often. Is the scheme confusing him to where he believes he has to hand off a WR to a safety when he is really not supposed to ? He just seems to be lacking the instinct which I saw in him last year. I want him to play a lot for the rest of this season as we can salvage a lost season for key player evaluations at least.