Gitmo Ain't All Bad

So wait, sending them to their home country would be torture for them? Is there a reason they're not on a flight home now? I'll pitch in for first class seats. And loop Dumb and Dumber on the flight too. Let's really torture those MoFo's. Waterboarding......pfffft.

Huh? Gitmo is still open? How is that possible? Obama promised to shut it down back in 2008 and the news media hasn't mentioned its existence since.

Oh, that's just a statement Obama made at the podium. It's not like it's a binding article of law or anything...

Christ, without GITMO, NCIS would lose half of its plot drivers.

I've been watching the reruns on a pirate site from episode #1. I like this Fornell guy.

Also...does anybody now the executive order # for close Gitmo, offhand? (i mean, do you remember things like that, just to use them later?)

I always thought Executive Order, with or without the #, would be a great name for a band, or a bar.

Christ, without GITMO, NCIS would lose half of its plot drivers.

I've been watching the reruns on a pirate site from episode #1. I like this Fornell guy.

Also...does anybody now the executive order # for close Gitmo, offhand? (i mean, do you remember things like that, just to use them later?)

I always thought Executive Order, with or without the #, would be a great name for a band, or a bar.

No number that I can find. But it does have a clause...

c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

So it's not like he HAD to close Gitmo, since he officially had his fingers crossed while writing the order.

No number that I can find. But it does have a clause...

So it's not like he HAD to close Gitmo, since he officially had his fingers crossed while writing the order.

He did indeed. Especially when his handlers wrote this part:

"
Sec
Closure of Detention Facilities at Guantánamo
. The detention facilities at Guantánamo for individuals covered by this order shall be closed as soon as practicable, and no later than 1 year from the date of this order. If any individuals covered by this order remain in detention at Guantánamo at the time of closure of those detention facilities, they shall be returned to their home country, released, transferred to a third country, or transferred to another United States detention facility
in a manner consistent with
law
and the
national security
and
foreign policy
interests
of the United States
."

Because as the country now knows, there ain't no consistency in that triad except what the vagaries of the Divine Princely President's daily whim dictate.