12/1 Bottom Line: Who we want to win this weekend

OCinBuffalo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody said they wanted "the bottom line" each week on who to root for. So, with nothing else to do this morning, here it is for today/this weekend. If you want details/debate go to the "playoff scenario" thread. This is the "Bottom Line" thread. That's because: it's the Bottom Line on this, period. :lol: (Home team is listed first):

Indianapolis vs Tennessee

San Diego vs Cincinnati

Baltimore vs Pittsburgh

Houston vs New England

Cleveland vs Jacksonville

Dallas vs Oakland

NY Jets vs Miami

(Jets win subtracts .1% from our chances. Miami win does nothing. So, we've "got that going for us". Dalai Lama. Bills Fan? :lol:)

Extra Stuff:

If you want to know how I know this, you can do it yourself, just go here: http://www.sportsclu...st/Buffalo.html

No, this is not the "scenario site". This is the statistical projection of what each team winning means for the Bills, based on a whole lot of math. Math explanation doesn't belong here either, as it is not Bottom Line.

I will write a more in-depth post in the playoff thread if poster's want to know more.....

and yes, I am aware that the Bills need to win out. However, I have constructed a "lose to the Pats and still get in" scenario....which is not for here either.

thanks and great reference... "I will have total consciousness on my death bed, so i have that going for me"

Somebody said they wanted "the bottom line" each week on who to root for. So, with nothing else to do this morning, here it is for today/this weekend. If you want details/debate go to the "playoff scenario" thread. This is the "Bottom Line" thread. That's because: it's the Bottom Line on this, period. :lol: (Home team is listed first):

Indianapolis vs Tennessee

San Diego vs Cincinnati

Baltimore vs Pittsburgh

Houston vs New England

Cleveland vs Jacksonville

Dallas vs Oakland

NY Jets vs Miami

(Jets win subtracts .1% from our chances. Miami win does nothing. So, we've "got that going for us". Dalai Lama. Bills Fan? :lol:)

Extra Stuff:

If you want to know how I know this, you can do it yourself, just go here: http://www.sportsclu...st/Buffalo.html

No, this is not the "scenario site". This is the statistical projection of what each team winning means for the Bills, based on a whole lot of math. Math explanation doesn't belong here either, as it is not Bottom Line.

I will write a more in-depth post in the playoff thread if poster's want to know more.....

and yes, I am aware that the Bills need to win out. However, I have constructed a "lose to the Pats and still get in" scenario....which is not for here either.

That's not the bottom line, this is:

I can't believe the wimpy attitude of some fans regarding the Pats.

It's not like the Bills haven't ever been competitive against them.They have lost some very close games, and even outplayed them on occasion. It's the big litmus test for the team, and all this "I don't want them to be mad when they play us", and "let's hope they sit guys"....I don't think either of those things are going to be any kind of factor in whether or not the Bills can beat them that last game.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

I can't believe the wimpy attitude of some fans regarding the Pats.

It's not like the Bills haven't ever been competitive against them.They have lost some very close games, and even outplayed them on occasion. It's the big litmus test for the team, and all this "I don't want them to be mad when they play us", and "let's hope they sit guys"....I don't think either of those things are going to be any kind of factor in whether or not the Bills can beat them that last game.

I would rather they rest guys. In a must win situation (which it will be if the Bills are in the hunt) I would rather not have to beat Tom Brady. It's foolish to want to have to go through Tom Brady. If you have to play them at full strength, fine, but no one should want that.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I would rather they rest guys. In a must win situation (which it will be if the Bills are in the hunt) I would rather not have to beat Tom Brady. It's foolish to want to have to go through Tom Brady. If you have to play them at full strength, fine, but no one should want that.

I don't "want" that, and never said....meh, forget it. Go ahead and wring your hands for 5 weeks.

I don't "want" that, and never said....meh, forget it. Go ahead and wring your hands for 5 weeks.

No, but you said that you don't think that if they sit guys it will be a factor. Really?!? If they do not play arguably the best QB of all time it won't matter? I do not need the Bills to prove to themselves that they can beat the mighty Pats, I need them to get to the playoffs. The easier that path the better.

Coupled with Pittsburgh's pretty tough remaining schedule are also the injuires that they seem to be incurring, especially along the offensive line. That looks like a 7-9 team to me

Who at this point do you guys think is the Bills biggest threat if they were to win out?

If New England does rest their starters, then ill say Miami at home who will be probably playing for their playoff lives will be the biggest threat.

Coupled with Pittsburgh's pretty tough remaining schedule are also the injuires that they seem to be incurring, especially along the offensive line. That looks like a 7-9 team to me

If New England does rest their starters, then ill say Miami at home who will be probably playing for their playoff lives will be the biggest threat.

Can't be Miami. If we win out we become 9-7......and the best they could be would also be 9-7. We would hold the better division record.....so if we win out, Miami is a non-factor.