Khalil Mack - A future Bill?

Bull Run

Mocking the Draft had Mack going to the Bills at #7 and then last night he put on a show..

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2013/11/20/5124832/khalil-mack-nfl-draft

He's spent four years going from an skinny(ish) but talented kid from Florida to the terror of the Mid American Conference. Mack now owns the NCAA record for forced fumbles and is just two and a half tackles for loss short of that College record.

Many times people believe that mid major players benefit from lesser competition but you can't point at Khalil Mack and say "it's just the weak schedule". People were using that excuse in August when Mack was being projected as a second round pick.

He's good" but who has he played...

Then Khalil Mack Blew up Ohio State. Urban Meyer correctly called Mack the best player on the field.

I'd rather draft an elite TE, first and foremost, but if there isn't one available then Mack is my next choice. He's a beast.

There are none in this draft.

They won't be drafting a QB, so the OLB spot is the next choice. Get either Barr or Mack to put alongside Kiko. Then in the second take Ebron (he won't fall and I wouldn't be opposed to trading UP for him) to play TE, then in the third Aaron Murray would be an awesome pick. At worst Murray is a great backup.

Edited by DStebb716

There are none in this draft.

They won't be drafting a QB, so the OLB spot is the next choice. Get either Barr or Mack to put alongside Kiko. Then in the second take Ebron (he won't fall and I wouldn't be opposed to trading UP for him) to play TE, then in the third Aaron Murray would be an awesome pick. At worst Murray is a great backup.

I would attempt to do a Little Ceasers high 85 with that draft.

Edited by Security

Mocking the Draft had Mack going to the Bills at #7...

You mean you had Mack going to the Bills at #7. Don't try to pass this off as anything else than that.

This thread is just shameless advertising for the OPs own site, considering the twitter handle of the guy that wrote the article is UBBullRun and his name here is Bull Run.

Bad form, OP. Bad form.

Bad form or not, I think we can all get behind the thought of the Bills taking Mack with their 1st or 2nd round pick.

I'm not saying he's not good but I have issues with people thinking he's an early 1st rounder. It just doesn't happen to players who play for teams like UB. At least not yet. They are becoming more recognizable for sure, but just don't see it. I'm guessing a mid (at best) to late 1st rounder.

Of course I want this kid. We need another stud LB and he would be it alongside Kiko for many years.

Bad form or not, I think we can all get behind the thought of the Bills taking Mack with their 1st or 2nd round pick.

I'm not saying he's not good but I have issues with people thinking he's an early 1st rounder. It just doesn't happen to players who play for teams like UB. At least not yet. They are becoming more recognizable for sure, but just don't see it. I'm guessing a mid (at best) to late 1st rounder.

Of course I want this kid. We need another stud LB and he would be it alongside Kiko for many years.

Well he is currently #7 overall on Kiper's big board and that was before that domination last night. The 1st overall pick last year came from Central Michigan (they are worse than UB). I have followed a lot of mock drafts already (started post Pittsburgh debacle) and there was only one that had him as late as 15. There were a lot that had him to the Bills and even a few with him off the board by their pick. If they want him (I suspect that he intrigues them) it will be with their 1st pick (if he is still there). This guy isn't Drew Willy, Naaman Roosevelt or Drew Haddad he is a sure fire early 1st round pick. Lamar Woodley and Clay Matthews are the comparisons that I have heard (and I think that he is a little better athlete than both of them).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

What's your thoughts Seferian-Jenkins?

really like that kid. he just stoned anothny barr when he was ased to stay in and block and his receiving talent is well known. he is a mismatch whenever he lines up. they split him out and no DB can match him physically and if they try and put a LB on him its ugly he just burns them.

I'd rather draft an elite TE, first and foremost, but if there isn't one available then Mack is my next choice. He's a beast.

The problem with this though in my opinion, and I discussed it in another thread, there are VERY few TEs that actually turnout to be woth a 1st or 2nd round Draft status...some of the BEST in the game today are 3rd rounders and 4th rounders. To name a few: Jimmy Graham, Jason Witten, Jordan Cameron, Julius Thomas, Aaron Hernandez (yes, he's facing life in prison, but this is about drafting talent not predicting homicidal behavior), and Antonio Gates was an Undrafted Free Agent. There are many others. Those TEs who were taken in the 1st round...Tony Gonzalez, Vernon Davis and Brandon Pettigrew, along with recently drafted Tyler Eiffert (how's he done this year?). My point being, statistically speaking, there is a virtually no use in drafting a TE in the 1st round and getting an "elite" TE by pre-Draft standards would take that...also, Gronk was a 2nd rounder, personally I wouldn't invest a 2nd in a TE either, but that just puts things in perspective a little bit. You want an elite TE and build the BILLS to be better? Draft a BIG O-lineman, go with Mack at LB, and then take a TE....just my thoughts on the subject.

You mean you had Mack going to the Bills at #7. Don't try to pass this off as anything else than that.

This thread is just shameless advertising for the OPs own site, considering the twitter handle of the guy that wrote the article is UBBullRun and his name here is Bull Run.

Bad form, OP. Bad form.

Lighten up, Francis. UBBullRun.com is the best site for UB news. Why shouldn't Buffalo football fans be able follow their local college team?

PTR

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.