Bills Sign OL JJ Unga to the 53 Man Roster

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Played in 11 games (one start) at LT as a junior in 2011 behind consensus All-American and 2012 NFL second-round draft pick (Carolina) Amini Silatolu..."[/color][/font][/size]

still would be curious to hear more about why he didnt start at RT or guard, but it could be as simple as they had a solid line at the positions they liked him at.

Just from the video - upside looks like he has good size, is well proportioned and can move around pretty good- downsize also looks like he needs a year in a NFL level strength and conditioning program and while It's hard to tell from the video my guess is his technique is also raw- overall seems to be a good pickup who might save us a draft pick.

I would love to see him at LG some this year.

I'm thinking this is because our running game is too incosistent and this is the best answer they can come up with at this point in the season.

He has 2 weeks to get ready for some playing time

Had offseason surgery that he never fully recovered from. Can't remember what the surgery was.

odd, in that hes on a nonfootball injury list.

i feel like he was a possibly important player coming into a year that could be a crossroads for his career, and then he disappeared with nearly no explanation of the injury. maybe i simply missed it, but it seems like it gets asked every few weeks and no one has a firm answer.

The way I see it and probably most of you would agree, the LG position is definitely open for competition. I most certainly wouldn't mind seeing Unga get some playing time this season.

I don't know if LG is the reason why we're not doing so well running the ball this season but it definitely wouldn't hurt having a big guy like him blocking for Spiller. Freddy I'm not concerned about cuz Freddy does what Freddy dies and that's gain yards no matter what. Spiller needs more help from the linemen.