[closed]Bills Best Playoff Scenario Chance

Coach55

I wanted to start a new post for this - even though people have one open - as this is the most most realistic and probable shot they make the playoffs... forget the Wild Card - some team will end 10-6. However it is very plausible for the Bills to win the division. See the game schedules below. This is very realistic and very possible.

Assuming the Bills run the table

ATL – 2-8

@TB – 2-8

@JAX – 1-9

MIA – 5-5

@NE – 7-3

This will make them 9-7 being 4-2 in the division

New England’s remaining schedule

DEN (9-1) – L

@HOU (2-8) – W

CLE (4-6) – W

@MIA (5-5) – L (this is key)

@BAL (4-6) – L (Baltimore is last year’s SB champion)

BUF – L

This will make them 9-7 being 3-3 in the division

Jets remaining Schedule – assuming they win at home and lose on the road

@BAL (4-6) - L

MIA (5-5) - W

OAK (4-6) - W

@CAR (7-3) - L

CLE (4-6) - W

@MIA (5-5) – L

This makes them 8-8 being 3-3 in the division

Miami remaining Schedule – assuming they win at home and lose on the road

CAR (7-3) - W

NYJ (5-5) - L

@PIT (4-6) - L

NE (7-3) - W

@BUF - L

NYJ (5-5) – W

This makes them 8-8 being 2-4 in the division

However unlikely this is, if NE ends up 9-6 (assuming 1 of the 3 losses are to MIA) and the Bills 8-7, the last game of the season could be for the division. Interesting thing about it is that as long as MIA and the Jets split, they both could end 9-7 and the Bills would win a 4 way tie.

There is only 1 basic thing-just keep winning, try and wind up 9-7 and see where it takes us. We beat Carolina,

who beat the Pats last night, so we know New England is beatable.

That's about all the Bills can do.

New England is beatable, but I do not foresee them collapsing down the stretch, but it's not out of the question.

As for getting the # 6 spot, the Bills will need a lot to go their way. Again, it's not out of the question since the Bills are within striking distance of everyone ahead of them, and the majority of the AFC is weak.

The Bills have an opportunity to make some noise, let's hope they can.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Mark Vader

New England's schedule is not a slam dunk. They play Denver next week, who is currently favored by 3. My opinion is this is a loss to NE. Of the 4 remaining games - the key game is MIA which is the lynchpin game, which is in Miami, without this the rest doesn't work. The other game, Baltimore in Baltimore is also a very good possibility for NE to lose. Baltimore has been playing well lately, Ray Rice is healthy and don't forget they did win the Superbowl last year.

As for us ending 9-7, we have lost a lot of the key tiebreakers - Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Cleveland. Plus we would only be 6-6 in the AFC.

Edited by Coach55

I like knowing who to root against, and I like hitting the bye with a chance. It would be so much better if we could have pulled one additional game out so far and been 5-6...but we are 4-7, and our have the bye to set ourselves straight and work on getting to 5-7 and in the meantime root for the following things this week to keep both of our paths to the playoffs open:

Chiefs over Chargers

Panthers over Dolphins

Ravens over Jets

Broncos over Patriots

Steelers/Browns, Raiders/Titans I am not sure since are all 4-6 teams, but two of those four will definitely join us in the 7 loss category.

So actually for our bye week we are looking pretty solid to reasonably get the outcomes we want and keep hope alive another week.

I am not expecting playoffs this year, but what is really important for this team going in to next year is every possible week where they have a chance and something to fight for and another win, and there is more attention on the playoff possibilities than the draft possibilities.

5-7 or bust! Go Bills! (and Chiefs, Panthers, Ravens, and Broncos!)

Peyton Manning struggles against the Patriots. The game is in New England. The Patriots are not going to lose two in a row.

Certainly not a gimme, but I wouldn't put big money on the Patriots. Mr. Welker kinda does well at that stadium, and the Broncos O vs Patriots D is more of a mismatch than it has been in past years.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/163780-official-playoff-possibilities-thread/