Bills bar in D.C.?

Rubes

Going to be in D.C. this weekend and looking for the local Bills bar to watch the game. The Bills website lists "The Laughing Man Tavern" as the location of the Bills Backers Club, but I just wanted to double check. I was in D.C. a couple years ago and I remember watching a Bills-Pats* game surrounded by dozens of Bills fans in a packed bar, but I'm pretty sure it was a different place. Anyone?

Maybe this will help:

http://members.tripo..._billsbars.html

Haven't been to Grevey's in years but it used to be awesome back in the day...never been to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern but I know some here have and said it's good...don't know anything about McFadden's. Good luck & GO BILLS!!!

What (s)he said. Grevey's and Jimmy's are both very good. Jimmy's feels much more like a Buffalo bar however (great for Sabres too).

Hey Rubes,

If you are staying in the District, I would think Laughing Man is the place to go. It has been about 3 years since I last watched a game there, so you might want to give them a call to confirm. I had a good time there..nice place and right in the heart of the District.

Jimmies and Greveys both out in the Burbs..Greveys close to Tyson's and Jimmies close to Dulles. No great public transit options to either really. Also, I do not think anything is at McFaddens anymore! but I could be wrong.

BTW, pm me if you are looking for restaurant recommendations etc..

Edited by plenzmd1

Grand Central in Adam's Morgan.

I have not been hear, but from this picture no doubt a Buffalo place. article is funny too!

This is a cool neighborhood Rubes, I lived a couple streets over from this place for 9 years

http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2012/08/the-25-douchiest-bars-in-washington-dc/grand-central

Edited by plenzmd1

I never made it to the Laughing Man, but I did make it out to Jimmy's. I was pleased. It is definitely a small town Bills bar feel, everyone treats you nice, the bartender was really sweet, and she gave me some great recommendations on drinks. After every Bills touchdown they assigned someone there the duty of running around the whole bar and high fiving as many people as they could, and they got a free Bills t-shirt. Good food, good drinks, reasonable prices. Definitely a great place to go to watch a Bills game!

Hey Rubes,

If you are staying in the District, I would think Laughing Man is the place to go. It has been about 3 years since I last watched a game there, so you might want to give them a call to confirm. I had a good time there..nice place and right in the heart of the District.

Jimmies and Greveys both out in the Burbs..Greveys close to Tyson's and Jimmies close to Dulles. No great public transit options to either really. Also, I do not think anything is at McFaddens anymore! but I could be wrong.

BTW, pm me if you are looking for restaurant recommendations etc..

Looks like The Laughing Man it is, thanks everybody. I'll be staying fairly close to Dupont Circle, so it should be easy to get to by Metro. If anyone's around, stop by!

Looks like The Laughing Man it is, thanks everybody. I'll be staying fairly close to Dupont Circle, so it should be easy to get to by Metro. If anyone's around, stop by!

So the place in Adams Morgan would be walking distance from DuPont . BTW, the Big Hunt right off the circle, good divey type bar with great selection of taps if you like the craft beer stuff.

btw, Obliesk is awesome for dinner if you can get in for dinner

Edited by plenzmd1

So the place in Adams Morgan would be walking distance from DuPont . BTW, the Big Hunt right off the circle, good divey type bar with great selection of taps if you like the craft beer stuff.

btw, Obliesk is awesome for dinner if you can get in for dinner

Whoa, you're right. Looks like Grand Central would be a walk, Laughing Man a short Metro ride. Nice that there are two good options, not sure which to choose.

Obelisk looks good, not sure I can get in at this time, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Watched a game at laughing man this year. Awesome place in business district near Chinatown. Also tons of other great places within walking distance for after the game. The place, in my opinion, is a far better spot for the bills than grand central.

Good to know Steve. As mentioned above, I have never been to Grand Central, but liked the laughing Man one time i was there.

Rubes...how did this work out? Where did you go and what was your experience ?

Be great to know for future reference.

I ended up going to Grand Central, and it was a blast. It filled up pretty good, probably around 30 people all decked out in Bills gear. Lots of hootin', hollerin', and high fivin' all around, and the Shout song after every score. Very fun. The wings only get a 6 out of 10, though.

I'd probably try The Laughing Man next time just to compare, but I'd go back there.

I ended up going to Grand Central, and it was a blast. It filled up pretty good, probably around 30 people all decked out in Bills gear. Lots of hootin', hollerin', and high fivin' all around, and the Shout song after every score. Very fun. The wings only get a 6 out of 10, though.

I'd probably try The Laughing Man next time just to compare, but I'd go back there.

Cool...good to know there are options!