The offense may be in trouble - remainder of 2013 and 2014

San-O

I was keeping tabs on the injuries, namely on offense, and starting thinking the offense may be in trouble the

remainder of this year certainly, and probably next year also.

1. E.J. doesn't throw a good ball, anywhere that I can see, and IMO, he is not "the answer" at QB. He hasn't shown

me anything which I would say make him a starting NFL QB. I hope I'm wrong. Seen a lot of bad QB'ing last decade.

2. S Johnson disappears much too often, drops the ball, etc.,etc., and seems to have mental lapses as well, and now he

can't stay on the field. Every week it's something. 41 receptions this year, 6 more than Scott Chandler.

3. Woods is out, and remains a question, although he seemed like the real deal earlier in the season, for a rookie.

4. Spiller isn't being used correctly, doesn't have Chan back there pulling the strings, or whatever, but again, can't stay

healthy and can't be counted on for the long haul or a significant number of carries / games. I like him a lot however.

5. Fred, "Fred the head", is awesome, love him, but he's going to be 33 in February.

6. Scott Chandler. Scott Chandler. 35 receptions this year, but seem to drop and make bad plays?

Not trying to seem negative, but on "O", this is looking more like the start of a rebuild than the finished product.

O-line has issues.

P.S. I think a good, real NFL QB would mask a lot of these, and may even make the O playoff worthy, O coordinator aside.

Edited by San-O

I was keeping tabs on the injuries, namely on offense, and starting thinking the offense may be in trouble the

remainder of this year certainly, and probably next year also.

1. E.J. doesn't throw a ggod ball, anywhere that I can see, and IMO, he is not "the answer" at QB. He hasn't shown

me anything which I would say make him a starting NFL QB. I hope I'm wrong. Seen a lot of bad QB'ing last decade.

2. S Johnson disappears much to often, drops the ball, etc.,etc., and seems to have mental lapses as well, and now he

can't stay on the field. Every week it's something. 41 receptions this year, 6 more than Scott Chandler.

3. Woods is out, and remains a question, although he seemed like the real deal earlier in the season, for a rookie.

4. Spiller isn't being used correctly, doesn't have Chan back there pulling the strings, or whatever, but again, can't stay

healthy and can't be counted on for the long haul or a significant number of carries / games. I like him a lot however.

5. Fred, "Fred the head", is awesome, love him, but he's going to be 33 in February.

6. Scott Chandler. Scott Chandler. 35 receptions this year, but seem to drop and make bad plays?

Not trying to seem negative, but on "O", this is looking more like the start of a rebuild than the finished product.

O-line has issues.

P.S. I think a good, real NFL QB would mask a lot of these, and may even make the O playoff worthy, O coordinator aside.

1. Give EJ the rest of the season, at least, before declaring that we need to draft another

2.SJ is still a good WR and has been hurt all year. He would greatly benefit from NOT being the #1 WR. Hopefully this is addressed in the draft with one Mike Evans or someone like him.

3.Woods is out this week. He will not be out the rest of this year and next year (hopefully)! He is only a question because of the QB carousel and Tuel/Thad not being able to find him

4. Spiller is healthy. How they use him is something they need to work on.

5.Fred is still good for the rest of this year, and hopefully next. IMO they willl draft his eventual replacement this year.

6. Chandler isn't perfect but he has a couple nice TDs (with rookie/{PS QBs) and Bills are incorporating more of Gragg, also could see them taking a big time TE in the draft

O-line has played tremendously this year, IMO, especially since the Jets game and since Brown was cut. 0 sacks against KC?

P.S. Are you hoping for the Bills to sign a FA vet to start at QB? Because whether it is EJ or the next guy they draft, rookie QBs typically don't "mask" anything - quite the opposite.

i think a lot of your concerns here can all be solved by this offense getting a sense of rhythm and timing with one another. i know it seems like a very simplified and vague answer, but think of this offense, from the coordinator down, as one giant offensive line that needs time to "gel".

i think a lot of your concerns here can all be solved by this offense getting a sense of rhythm and timing with one another. i know it seems like a very simplified and vague answer, but think of this offense, from the coordinator down, as one giant offensive line that needs time to "gel".

Agreed been a couple years since we had some consistency from any of the grouping whether injuruies or less than adequate play. They do not have it yet either.

My fear is this.... they end up with a top 15 position in the draft.... very likely at this point. Some stud QB prospects (better than EJ last draft) will likely be available when they pick (Boyd, Mariota, Manziel, Mettenberger, Carr), but they don't take a QB because they're so heavily invested in EJ. EJ continues to struggle while somebody like Boyd or Mariota take off.

IMO you have to take one of those QB's. EJ is proven to be delicate thus far, and we don't have anything close to a competitive backup.

Edited by pi2000

P.S. Are you hoping for the Bills to sign a FA vet to start at QB? Because whether it is EJ or the next guy they draft, rookie QBs typically don't "mask" anything - quite the opposite.

I hope they do both. draft again and sign FA vet. Anybody.

EJ has shown only "flashes" of Good NFL caliber play. The question that needs to be answered THIS SEASON, IMO, is whether he can be that good on a consistent basis - because this coming draft will have solutions at the QB position for a handful of teams. Otherwise, if we had a good QB, I think our offense is only lacking a better TE and a true top WR to become very good - top 6 or so. That could be addressed in one offseason, I think. The bigger problem is the ability of this franchise to evaluate players, to assess needs on a timely basis, and to go get it done when needed. All these questions are left hanging in the air with this "New" Bills team. I am, however, happier with this staff and the team as a whole than I've been with a Bills team in a long time. So, only time will tell, but I think we'll be okay.

Spiller will silence all critics this week and go completely bananas statistically

I have him on my fantasy team, and I've been waiting for this to happen all year. And as frustrating as it's been, I seriously feel like this might be the week. He looked REALLY good against the chiefs, and last week it was a retarded game plan - give the ball to him on the first 4(?) plays of the game, then almost nothing after that? wth? In any case, I think he's in for a big week too.

EJ hasn't even play 6 full games yet. Can we all just give him a chance? I mean I know we all want to be the guy that said "I told you so" but really. Coming here and reading that stuff, its just silly

I don't think its as much I-told-you-so as it is wanting to prevent another 3 years of believing in subpar QB like Fitz. Fitz didn't have the goods early on, yet we kept making excuses for him. I think most fans are over giving a QB time. Its not fair. But we're jaded fans. Manuel has the rest of the season to show us he's the answer, or we draft QB.

I don't think its as much I-told-you-so as it is wanting to prevent another 3 years of believing in subpar QB like Fitz. Fitz didn't have the goods early on, yet we kept making excuses for him. I think most fans are over giving a QB time. Its not fair. But we're jaded fans. Manuel has the rest of the season to show us he's the answer, or we draft QB.

Well that might be the case if the FANS were doing the drafting, but it's highly unlikely the Bills will give EJM only one season. Giving a QB time is just reality in the NFL. Proven veteran winners don't usually become available for trade or hit free agency. Not until their careers are almost over,usually. There are exceptions, such as Jay Cutler, (whom the Bills could have drafted). You just have to draft a guy and stay with him. Its the most likely road to success. The Bills have only used a first rounder a couple other times (Kelly, Losman) in their history. One was great, one stunk. Still better odds than an UDFA, or a mid rounder with lacking physical qualities. We just won't know for a couple seasons, probably. Unless you know a way to get Aaron Rodgers on the Bills.