100% Offensive Draft in 2014

Astrobot

I'm sticking with EJ Manuel, providing weapons and protection for him, and taking a Day 3 QB.

RD1- A Seferian-Jenkins Washington 6'6" 266 TE

It helps to have weapons to throw to. Gragg-Chandler-Smith give EJ a 1 in 3 chance of catching the ball. AS-J has great hands, can block, and can cause mismatches that a WR can't.

RD2- Brandon Coleman Rutgers 6'6" 220 WRF

The Bills need a huge WR, again to create mismatches. Coleman has underrated straight-line speed when he's up to top gear. Long strider. Could improve with consistency in contested situations and high pointing.

RD3- La'el Collins LSU 6'5" 321 OT OG

He's the LSU LT this year, but I'd put him between Wood and Glenn. He's powerful, played mostly at OG before this year, with 64 knockdown blocks in 2012.

RD4- DeVante Parker Louisville 6'3" 205 WRF

The more film I watch on Bridgewater, the more I like DeVante Parker.

RD5- Trey Millard Oklahoma 6'1" 256 FB

We need to think about replacing Fred Jackson at some point. Millard has a 5.7 ypc and he's a receiver too--7.1 yards per catch. He's the thunder for Spiller's lightning.

RD6- Jeff Mathews Cornell 6'3" 225 QB

EJ insurance. I've watched him for 3 years, and think he's got "it". Has size and arm. We're likely looking for a Number 2 but I like his chances. Still needs footwork.

RD7- Jon Halapio Florida 6'3" 322 OG

Grab a Florida game and watch Halapio. He'd be a good pickup here.

UDFA-

Jeremiah Sirles Nebraska 6'6" 312 ROT LOT

High-motor, versatile. See him kicking into smaller space at Guard. Another Urbik IMHO.

Kirby Van der Camp Iowa State 6'3" 211 P

Yep, trying again. Bringing in a punter to battle Moorman.

Edited by Astrobot

I'm sticking with EJ Manuel, providing weapons and protection for him, and taking a Day 3 QB.

It helps to have weapons to throw to. Gragg-Chandler-Smith give EJ a 1 in 3 chance of catching the ball. AS-J has great hands, can block, and can cause mismatches that a WR can't.

The Bills need a huge WR, again to create mismatches. Coleman has underrated straight-line speed when he's up to top gear. Long strider. Could improve with consistency in contested situations and high pointing.

RD3- La'el Collins LSU 6'5"

321 OT OG

He's the LSU LT this year, but I'd put him between Wood and Glenn. He's powerful, played mostly at OG before this year, with 64 knockdown blocks in 2012.

We need to think about replacing Fred Jackson at some point. Millard has a 5.7 ypc and he's a receiver too--7.1 yards per catch. He's the thunder for Spiller's lightning.

EJ insurance. I've watched him for 3 years, and think he's got "it". Has size and arm. We're likely looking for a Number 2 but I like his chances. Still needs footwork.

UDFA- Jeremiah Sirles Nebraska 6'6" 312 ROT LOT

High-motor, versatile. See him kicking into smaller space at Guard. Another Urbik IMHO.

I wouldn't risk a first-rounder- particularly the top-ten pick we are likely to have- on someone who has had a DUI, and I doubt that this front office would.

Except we need special teams and secondary too. All we have is a D line.

If the Bills think Byrd didn't contribute today, they will be wrong.

If we are ok with EJ and have a high draft position, someone needing a qb will make us a good trade offer to move up.

I'd take that trade-down again in 2014, because I think it was the right move in 2013.

I wouldn't risk a first-rounder- particularly the top-ten pick we are likely to have- on someone who has had a DUI, and I doubt that this front office would.

Would you be happy with whom the computer picked for us here? http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

If the Bills think Byrd didn't contribute today, they will be wrong.

I'd take that trade-down again in 2014, because I think it was the right move in 2013.

Would you be happy with whom the computer picked for us here? http://www.drafttek....raft-Round1.asp

If Mariota were actually available at 11- which he almost certainly won't be- I'd probably take him.

i dont care who this team drafts until we draft a QB. without a QB all that talent will be wasted.

Precisely. When you don't have a QB it adversely effects the appearance of the rest of your offense and your defense. This team has plenty of frontline starting talent to succeed. They made a few glaring mistakes at backup QB, starting LG, lack of veteran depth at CB and it cost them dealy early in the season but those problems can all be addressed with a checkbook. The only real, genuine roadblock for this franchise is quarterback. And it's not like if EJ were just playing better it would mean they still don't need a franchise QB. If he isn't playing like a franchise QB by the end of THIS season then it is still the top need and should be treated as such. I

RD3- La'el Collins LSU 6'5" 321 OT OG

UDFA-

Jeremiah Sirles Nebraska 6'6" 312 ROT LOT

I think we need QB first round.

TE Ebron or Amaro 2nd

WR Allen Robinson or Jared Abbrederis 3rd

TE Colt Lyerla 4rth

OG Spencer Long 5th

RB Storm Johnson 6th

RT Corneilus Lucas 7th