Good morning TBD'ers

njsue

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got down to 45 last night... FREEZING..

I know, I know, you don't feel bad. But i DO NOT HAVE HEAT...

it sucked... Time to go buy a quilt...

209626[/snapback]

You can have mine. It doesn't get cold enough here that I really need it. Only got down to about 12 last night...

-11F with windchills of -21 in Minnesota.  :lol:

Hey, it's already warming up!  Now it's +7F with windchills of -11F :lol:

Of course it was -16F with windchills of -26 Sunday...  Not much better yesterday: http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/01/17/cold...r.ap/index.html

CW

209580[/snapback]

how close to Embarrass Min. are you it was said to be 54 below zero..... :(

Cold

The part of Minnesota cold I can't get used to is the part where it stays below zero for a week or two straight. You have to survive a series of relentless Alberta Clippers! Still haven't had to plug my car in though. Batteries have come a long way I guess. How many days til spring? It's supposed to get in the mid twenties today it'll feel like a heat wave. :(

The part of Minnesota cold I can't get used to is the part where it stays below zero for a week or two straight.  You have to survive a series of relentless Alberta Clippers! Still haven't had to plug my car in though.  Batteries have come a long way I guess. How many days til spring?  It's supposed to get in the mid twenties today it'll feel like a heat wave. :(

209741[/snapback]

Yeah, no kidding. I moved here in '94. In '95, we had a week of temperatures in the -20F range (or thereabouts), and the windchill on one particular day was -70F! I remember the windchill because the University of Minnesota didn't close down (most schools did though). The president of the U said, "School's open. If students don't feel safe coming, they don't have to." As luck would have it, I had a test that day and the prof made it very clear that there would be no makeups for any of his exams. :lol:

Embarrass is about 200 miles north, close to Duluth, MN. Here's a map:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.ad...rrass&2s=mn&2z=

CW

its 30 here in tallahassee with a wind chill of 23...i'm fine, a bit chilly, but most of the pansies down here are absolutely freezing...

209623[/snapback]

32 here in 'Super-Jax' this a.m. It's been in the 80's so this is a drastic change. :D

It was -2 in Lancaster, NY at 9am. It's almost 3pm now and the thermometer made it all the way up to a balmy +3. Typical winter weather but it sucks because just last Thursday it was 68 degrees here. That was an all-time January record for WNY.

I sure hope it doesn't rain......we know how you pansies will freak out if that happens.  :D

210186[/snapback]

Okay, look Wonderboy...it wasn't just a little rain. People died from that weeklong downpour. Houses were buried. And don't even MAKE me get into the fact that I had JUST finished washing my car when the first clouds rolled in. That really pissed me off. :(