Tom Cruise: Officially Clueless

ajzepp

I admit it...I've always liked Tom Cruise films. From Risky Business, Days of Thunder, War of the Worlds and Jerry Maguire to Tropic Thunder and Jack Reaper...he's always done a great job of entertaining me for a two hour stretch playing one of his many characters over the years. When his Scientology video was leaked and he was acting crazy, I let it slide...seemed harmless enough. Even the anti-depressant thing...whatever you say, Tom....not that big of a deal. But I'm sorry, when you start saying things that minimize the risks and sacrifices that our military is faced with every minute of every day, that's where I just need to say STFU, Tom...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/08/tom-cruise-suri-lawsuit-deposition-afghanistan-war-olympics/

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate celebrities? Well this just kicked it up a notch. What a total douchenozzle. And I think it's safe to say that's the first time I've called someone a douchenozzle.

I'm with you 100%. The older I get, the less tolerance I have for them. The degree to which they are out of touch is mind boggling. I have several friends who are active military...and I know there are fellow TBD'ers who are, as well....I hope the next time they come across Tom, they kick him square in his sack.

I just find this incredibly disrespectful.

I'm with you 100%. The older I get, the less tolerance I have for them. The degree to which they are out of touch is mind boggling. I have several friends who are active military...and I know there are fellow TBD'ers who are, as well....I hope the next time they come across Tom, they kick him square in his sack.

I just find this incredibly disrespectful.

I listen to a talk radio program here in the Bay Area every morning. One of the guys went off, I mean went OFF!!, regarding the whole Incognito/Martin thing and how football players are referred to as warriors. He was so pissed with how much they make for what they risk versus what actual combat soldiers risk for what they get paid. This country is so out of whack with who we "worship" and why. Main reason why I don't follow the Bills that much. It's not the Bills, it's professional sports in general.

I listen to a talk radio program here in the Bay Area every morning. One of the guys went off, I mean went OFF!!, regarding the whole Incognito/Martin thing and how football players are referred to as warriors. He was so pissed with how much they make for what they risk versus what actual combat soldiers risk for what they get paid. This country is so out of whack with who we "worship" and why. Main reason why I don't follow the Bills that much. It's not the Bills, it's professional sports in general.

Ugh, it's absolutely sickening, I completely agree...people take SO MUCH for granted in this country nowadays...it make me feel embarrassed to be among it. So many people have lost perspective, and there is such an incredible lack of appreciation for people such as our military...and that's often compounded by the attitude that so many of these celebs have that they are of greater value or importance than others are. Some think it's sour grapes to have this sort of viewpoint, but it's absolutely NOT.

I worked exclusively with Medicare members at my job for the past few years, and with so many of the Vietnam vets hitting age 65, I often found myself working to help them locate and obtain resources for their medical needs. Two main issues that are very prevalent with them are PTSD and the effects of Agent Orange exposure. I don't know if people understand just how much these soldiers have suffered...it did't end when they came home from Vietnam, and for many of them that was when it STARTED. So many of them can barely stay above water with their health, their finances, their relationships, etc, etc...it truly breaks my heart to think of all they have gone through and continue to endure every single day. We help them find ways to cope as best they can, but their discomfort and struggle NEVER FUKKING ENDS!

yeah, Tom...our men and women who serve have it super easy compared to you, tough guy....what a douchebag

I have hated Tom Cruise for as long as I remember. This just adds to the reasons.

I have caught up to you for sure after this comment...I feel like my blood is boiling the more I think about this

I feel like you're asking us for advice on how to cope with these feelings of anger, Chef.

I hate 99% of all celebrities and the idiots who obsess over them and buy all the stupid tabloids and care about what these !@#$tards do. They are complete out of touch tools.

A few celebrities are ok, they are the exception.

It's an annoying and cliche to hear the players say things like in august they will ramble about how they are waiting for the bullets to be flying for real in September. Wtf? That analogy makes no sense.

Ugh, it's absolutely sickening, I completely agree...people take SO MUCH for granted in this country nowadays...it make me feel embarrassed to be among it. So many people have lost perspective, and there is such an incredible lack of appreciation for people such as our military.

I worked exclusively with Medicare members at my job for the past few years, and with so many of the Vietnam vets hitting age 65, I often found myself working to help them locate and obtain resources for their medical needs. Two main issues that are very prevalent with them are PTSD and the effects of Agent Orange exposure. I don't know if people understand just how much these soldiers have suffered...it did't end when they came home from Vietnam, and for many of them that was when it STARTED. So many of them can barely stay above water with their health, their finances, their relationships, etc, etc...it truly breaks my heart to think of all they have gone through and continue to endure every single day. We help them find ways to cope as best they can, but their discomfort and struggle NEVER FUKKING ENDS!

You know what I hate...the trite fudging " thank you for your service" that people utter to anyone in uniform. Do something people, don't utter some overused platitude that just means nothing.

AJ..you were doing it in your job. I always, and I mean always, buy drink/s/food when I see uniformed folks just about anywhere, though it seems I see folks most in the airport. I don't say a word, I don't strike up a conversation, I just send a drink over. When they turn to say thanks, I tip one there way..and that's it. In New Orleans last week bought lunch for 4 soldiers in the restaurant on Friday. No big deal , just gave the server my card and said I got theirs. I am not saying I am a saint, I am far from it....I could be doing so much more than buying a lousy drink or lunch for these folks.......

I would like to get the opinion of any military on here if I am way off base

You know what I hate...the trite fudging " thank you for your service" that people utter to anyone in uniform. Do something people, don't utter some overused platitude that just means nothing.

AJ..you were doing it in your job. I always, and I mean always, buy drink/s/food when I see uniformed folks just about anywhere, though it seems I see folks most in the airport. I don't say a word, I don't strike up a conversation, I just send a drink over. When they turn to say thanks, I tip one there way..and that's it. In New Orleans last week bought lunch for 4 soldiers in the restaurant on Friday. No big deal , just gave the server my card and said I got theirs. I am not saying I am a saint, I am far from it....I could be doing so much more than buying a lousy drink or lunch for these folks.......

I live in a military town. Most are 18-24 year old kids who are just trying to make their way. I can't respect them enough.

That's really awesome, man...I often think about the fact that if LOTS of people would make an effort to do something helpful for another one in need, imagine what an effect that could have. It honestly wasn't until these last three years that I fully realized (to the degree that I'm capable of realizing this, since I wasn't there myself) that the vietnam guys in particular don't ever get to escape the aftereffects, no matter how badly they want to or how hard they try. And then you add on top of that that so many of them never signed up for it in the first place and they're just overflowing with resentment...the feeling of helplessness when you're on the other side of that - the side I'm on, trying to figure out SOMETHING to do or say to help - is truly overwhelming. I'm certain that this is why I have become more sensitive to the issue of respect for our military than I ever was before. The vietnam vets really have my heart.

And yeah, I often wonder if people do the "thank you for your service" thing because it makes them feel better more than they do it as a gesture of respect. I dont mean to be cynical about it, cause I"m sure many are very sincere in what they say...but your point is a good one - we can and should do something that has more do to with verbs.

The guy has simply lost his mind and frankly it has been years since he made a remotely entertaining movie. He should just go jump on Oprah's couch for a while.

When I happen to see someone showing that video now, what crosses my mind is that he's happy that he finally found someone young and smitten enough with him that he can control her in ways he never imagined. Sounds like Katie Holmes has taken her "self" back since they split, but I think Tommy's version of "love and happiness" are a bit different than many of ours.

I work a lot of career fairs and some branch of the military is usually there. I was speaking with one service member a few years ago and asked him how hard it was to walk around SF in uniform. He said it was tough. He'd get cursed at on a regular basis. God I hate the people in SF sometimes.

99% of Hollywood types saying that would be ridiculous...but read up on how Cruise prepares for roles. Comparing his preparation and professionalism to Olympic training is pretty accurate, regardless of how flaky he is otherwise.

I was right. You ARE gay.

I work a lot of career fairs and some branch of the military is usually there. I was speaking with one service member a few years ago and asked him how hard it was to walk around SF in uniform. He said it was tough. He'd get cursed at on a regular basis. God I hate the people in SF sometimes.

Whoa, WTF? On a regular basis?? That is unfathomable to me...I know things are a bit different out there, but that's not something I would have ever guessed.