Battle of the Backups - BEARS/PACKERS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mccown looks very good. Bears lost certain playoff Berth in 11 because they had that horrendous backup - they

Learned their lesson. McCown best backup QB-ing I've seen all year.

Very reassuring to know you have a solid guy to come in and not lose a beat...and the Bears are showing that McCown can handle the reigns.

First quarter just ended. Can you believe how shortsighted the Packers are in not preparing to lose Aaron Rodgers??? Did anybody see that horrible decision Seneca Wallace made throwing it right into Julius Peppers' hands at the line of scrimmage? He should be cut. What were they thinking not having a better back up plan. Matter of fact, they should fire their HC and OC. They probably could've gotten Brady to be their back up if they planned better and asked him really nicely. (This is how ridiculously unrealistic a lot of you have sounded after yesterday's game.)

Why didn't McCarthy challenge that reception? It looked good.

See Bears, November 4, 2013

And that was a perfect demonstration of how you run the ball from the 1. I hope Hackett is watching.

Spread em out, create space

Yep. San Diego may want to take notes too.

First quarter just ended. Can you believe how shortsighted the Packers are in not preparing to lose Aaron Rodgers??? Did anybody see that horrible decision Seneca Wallace made throwing it right into Julius Peppers' hands at the line of scrimmage? He should be cut. What were they thinking not having a better back up plan. Matter of fact, they should fire their HC and OC. They probably could've gotten Brady to be their back up if they planned better and asked him really nicely. (This is how ridiculously unrealistic a lot of you have sounded after yesterday's game.)

Really? Really?

Seneca Wallace: very good college career, drafted in 4th round, been in the league since 2003, started 21 games, thrown for almost 5000 yards in his career, 31TDs and 19INTs. Almost a 60% completion rate.

Jeff Tuel: had a horrible college career. Never started an NFL game, got completely owned in his only live action, has a weak arm, should never have been in that position.

Not even remotely comparable situations.

Really? Really?

Seneca Wallace: very good college career, drafted in 4th round, been in the league since 2003, started 21 games, thrown for almost 5000 yards in his career, 31TDs and 19INTs. Almost a 60% completion rate.

Jeff Tuel: had a horrible college career. Never started an NFL game, got completely owned in his only live action, has a weak arm, should never have been in that position.

Not even remotely comparable situations.

Now take your response and change out Jeff Tuel and insert Kevin Kolb. And if you think there were better options in free agency when we lost Kolb I'd love for you to educate me on that.

Also. I'd like for you to provide the stats for Green Bays third string qb. I'll concede that even though Tuel is actually the 4th string qb that because he started the season as Manuels de facto back up due to Kolbs injury he is 3rd string.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Now take your response and change out Jeff Tuel and insert Kevin Kolb. And if you think there were better options in free agency when we lost Kolb I'd love for you to educate me on that.

Also. I'd like for you to provide the stats for Green Bays third string qb. I'll concede that even though Tuel is actually the 4th string qb that because he started the season as Manuels de facto back up due to Kolbs injury he is 3rd string.

Better options and insurance for Manuel than Tuel? The list is pretty long. Carr, Quinn, leftwich, Leinart, V Young, etc...

Mccown looks very good. Bears lost certain playoff Berth in 11 because they had that horrendous backup - they

Learned their lesson. McCown best backup QB-ing I've seen all year.

Nick Foles would argue that point.

But yea, it would be nice to have an actual experienced NFL backup QB wouldn't it?

Better options and insurance for Manuel than Tuel? The list is pretty long. Carr, Quinn, leftwich, Leinart, V Young, etc...

Hahaha. I thought you were serious for a second when I first read your response. You must be joking. I guess you like backup qbs who are proven failures rather than young qbs with potential. By the way, Leinart was with us and he made Tuel look like Montana. Also, V Young was putrid for us last year. Young is a shell of what he once was. Which is why he's not on a team. Carr is a concussion case who got beat out by Curtis Painter!. I thought Leftwich was in a museum in Pittsburg or Jax somewhere. And Quinn has always been awful. Just ask Tebow.

Hahaha. I thought you were serious for a second when I first read your response. You must be joking. I guess you like backup qbs who are proven failures rather than young qbs with potential. By the way, Leinart was with us and he made Tuel look like Montana. Also, V Young was putrid for us last year. Young is a shell of what he once was. Which is why he's not on a team.

I thought they traded for him.

Honestly, if you think Tuel has potential that's a problem. All of those guys would have been a MUCH better solution. But if you're dug in on loving Tuel there's not much anyone can say to discourage you.

Leinart was here for about 48 hours prior to a preseason game. He was never given a chance. He was here to take snaps, period.

Tuel is honestly the worst QB I've seen in a Bills uni in 30 years. Maybe he gets better, and I hope he does. Really, I have nothing against him. It was just tough watching him.

Honestly, if you think Tuel has potential that's a problem. All of those guys would have been a MUCH better solution. But if you're dug in on loving Tuel there's not much anyone can say to discourage you.

Leinart was here for about 48 hours prior to a preseason game. He was never given a chance. He was here to take snaps, period.

Tuel is honestly the worst QB I've seen in a Bills uni in 30 years. Maybe he gets better, and I hope he does. Really, I have nothing against him. It was just tough watching him.

Ok. But that is also why That Lewis is currently our back up. Once again, Tuel is a 3rd stringer. Relax. He does certain things well. Yes, his arm is weak. But he wasn't scared of the moment when he was actually prepared and he will learn from his mistakes because he's a smart qb. Writing someone off on 1 1/2 bad games is crazy. And throw the college record out. It was Wash St. playing in the Pac 12.

Also, there's ABSOLUTELY no basis for saying they would be "MUCH" better options. No basis for that.