Jonathan Martin AWOL, Incognito suspended

uncle flap

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a special place for all of us "the Bills were stupid for not re-signing Incognito" posters to go? If so, please point me to that hiding spot...I should go there too. However I suspect the issue is whether we could have controlled him. I suspect we would have had brains enough not to give him much responsibility and certainly not to make him a captain. Managers are supposed to manage and he could have been managed. Marshawn Lynch could have been managed. Many of the players who left in free agency could have been managed.

@mortreport Incognito has filed a non-football injury grievance against Dolphins for his "indefinite" suspension as a violation of CBA

Okay, this is where I have to draw the line. "Not being able to deal with Richie Incognito" is not an injury.

Not even close. The Mario Williams thread went 200+ pages.

F5 F5 F5

And then, of course, there's Last Post Wins (which Cugalabananarama did, in fact win.)

(Odd that my spell check rejects "Cugalabanana," but is just fine with "Cugalabananarama.")

Okay, this is where I have to draw the line. "Not being able to deal with Richie Incognito" is not an injury.

F5 F5 F5

And then, of course, there's Last Post Wins (which Cugalabananarama did, in fact win.)

(Odd that my spell check rejects "Cugalabanana," but is just fine with "Cugalabananarama.")

I would hate to see your autocorrect and spell check. Words like erudite are probably not even stretching your imagination... well, I would hate to see your browsing history, come to think of it. 500 pages of a Google search for synonyms to idiot.

The NFL is going to have to get its hands very dirty. They are going to have to find a way to get Martin out of Miami without rocking the boat while giving Miami equal compensation. They'll likely try to get Miami to trade him, which Miami would be wise to do at this point. But, who's going to want him? I would not trade the former David Snow for Jonathan Martin. I'd take Incognito back before I would bring Martin in. Incogntio can play and that is what will back him up in the locker room. Just like Riley Cooper, play good and you'll shut them up.

That just makes me want to use the N word for everything. It is becoming ridiculous. You cannot say it, but he can. He can say it only if it is "a" not "er." It's okay to use it to say this, but not like this. It's a bad word to use, and much different then calling someone _____.

It's ridiculous. I think if we use it all every day for all sorts of things, we'd suddenly realize how blown out of proportion this crap is getting.

Now that's crap. "!@#$" was not a primary (or secondary, or any sort of) tool of racial oppression, and it HAS been subject to faddish acceptance and rejection - anyone who doesn't believe that just needs to watch an episode of Sanford and Son, or All In The Family, or even the movie Glory (which was rated R for violence, not the line "!@#$ forgot to duck, that's all" which would earn it an R-rating today).

And sadly, the irony of him suggesting that locker room speech of predominately black players be monitored and controlled by predominately white owners/managers is completely lost on him.

The NFL is going to have to get its hands very dirty. They are going to have to find a way to get Martin out of Miami without rocking the boat while giving Miami equal compensation.

The most enjoyable part of this thing is the damage being done to the Dolphins and you think they need fair compensation?

I think the NFL should take Mike Wallace and that Samoan dude away from them as punishment just so their roster is down one white guy, one mixed race guy, one black guy and one Islander. Then they can force them to trade a first rounder for Patrick Chung and force them to cut Patrick Chung one week later. Then when they complain they should further balance the racial impact by forcing the Dolphins to name Gilbert Gottfried their head coach for one year so that Jewish people aren't offended. Then they should declare the entire remaining roster free agents to be bid on during the off season, let the Dolphins have an expansion draft where they were allowed to take any player who is not white, black, mixed race, islander, asian, jewish, gay or straight. If their roster doesn't fill then they will be forced to re-sign all living members of the 1973 team and force them to play. The remaining roster spots would be filled by players they cut in the 1994 pre-season.

I think that is fair.

The most enjoyable part of this thing is the damage being done to the Dolphins and you think they need fair compensation?

As it might have been Tom to say, this comes from them suspending Incognito for not being able to handle him - when they put him in the position they did, which by all accounts was perfectly fine, normal, and nothing that far out of the ordinary. The Dolphins do deserve compensation when the NFL is going to force their hand.

As it might have been Tom to say, this comes from them suspending Incognito for not being able to handle him - when they put him in the position they did, which by all accounts was perfectly fine, normal, and nothing that far out of the ordinary. The Dolphins do deserve compensation when the NFL is going to force their hand.

How about we compensate the rest of the world for having to put up with listening to all of this crap for a month by just going ahead and dissolving the Dolphins franchise? That way this will never happen again.

The nfl needs to compensate the dolphins for the dolphins choosing to suspend one of their players?

here is the most intelligent thing ever said about this topic. i'd like to think that whites, blacks, yellows, pinks, blues and greens alike can agree with this, and stop using the word, 100% of the time. it's not that confusing or complicated. hip hop culture has a big share in the blame, at least in contemporary terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD-UpHlB9no

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

here is the most intelligent thing ever said about this topic. i'd like to think that whites, blacks, yellows, pinks, blues and greens alike can agree with this, and stop using the word, 100% of the time. it's not that confusing or complicated. hip hop culture has a big share in the blame, at least in contemporary terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD-UpHlB9no

Don't forget to ban Mark Twain's and Frederick Douglass' writings, too.