Need a better pass catching TE

Today, Chandler had some costly drops which would have kept moving the chains. As a pass blocker, he's below average (as evident by last week and other games as well). Don't get me wrong, I like Scott Chandler, but IMO he is an above average backup (or #2 TE) at best.

I thought our receiving core was better, but looking at the big picture from TE to the receivers, it's a mess. The TE group is meh at best. The receivers have a lot of potential, but Stevie and Woods are not enough. Graham is useless, Goodwin is one dimensional and frankly, Woods has potential to be a star, but needs to step up. Next year is make or break with this crew.

I'm in the minority but I really like Chandler. I think he's a great outlet, rarely drops the ball (except that one throw today) and has been clutch for the Bills on many 2nd and 3rd and longs.

I think hes very underrated. He's no Gronkowski. But I think he's a top 10 TE if he has a QB that isn't a year removed from college finals throwing him the ball.

I thought our receiving core was better, but looking at the big picture from TE to the receivers, it's a mess. The TE group is meh at best. The receivers have a lot of potential, but Stevie and Woods are not enough. Graham is useless, Goodwin is one dimensional and frankly, Woods has potential to be a star, but needs to step up. Next year is make or break with this crew.

Graham should be demoted down to 5th or 6th WR and have Goodwin promoted to being the 3rd WR/deep threat. Imagine if the Bills had a top 10 QB with their current offense. Hopefully that will happen before Pettine leaves to become a HC somewhere in the NFL.

I'm in the minority but I really like Chandler. I think he's a great outlet, rarely drops the ball (except that one throw today) and has been clutch for the Bills on many 2nd and 3rd and longs.

I think hes very underrated. He's no Gronkowski. But I think he's a top 10 TE if he has a QB that isn't a year removed from college finals throwing him the ball.

He had more than 1 drop today.

i think we'd be much happier with our receivers if we had a top 15 TE and a top 15 QB playing.

Graham should be demoted down to 5th or 6th WR and have Goodwin promoted to being the 3rd WR/deep threat. Imagine if the Bills had a top 10 QB with their current offense. Hopefully that will happen before Pettine leaves to become a HC somewhere in the NFL.

He had more than 1 drop today.

HOw many drops did he have today?

You need to watch more around the league if you think he's one of the ten most talented TEs out there. That's not to say he's awful but he's not top of the league either and your pointing at borderline probowl/possible alternate territory.

He's in the big mess of "good enough but not great" guys.

I honestly think the lack of zip on Tuels passes had a lot to do with the drops today. His passes seem to float which is a big difference from Lewis and EJ.

The ball still needs to be caught but I can't help but this this had a lot to do with it

Edited by Max997

He always looks so awkward, and slow when he catches the ball, compared to Gronkowski. I think we good do a lot better at that position. IMO

Well most TE's are not Gronkowski, but yeah we could use a guy of that caliber. I'd settle for a better TE than Chandler, you need two today anyway.

I mean I don't think we should jump to conclusions on Scott Chandler. Every player is going to have a bad game every once in a while, this was definitely the worst game that i've seen from him. Yeah we definitely need a more athletic TE that's without a doubt.

Today, Chandler had some costly drops which would have kept moving the chains. As a pass blocker, he's below average (as evident by last week and other games as well). Don't get me wrong, I like Scott Chandler, but IMO he is an above average backup (or #2 TE) at best.

Amaro, Ebron.

Colt Lyerla in the later rounds