Release Tuel

Nyghtewynd

He made more throws on third and long, than any Bills QB in a ling time. I'm not saying he played well, but he did some things well. Avoided sacks, and gained two or three yards when he had nothing. Forced KC to respect the fact he will go down field. Managed the game well, made the right reads and was victimized by the same plague we have suffered all year: drops. He also sailed a few to many balls (6'7" Chandler, really?!). If we cut him, he will not clear waivers.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not good but who is healthy and better? This loss is on Hackett much more than Tuel.

And TJ Graham dropping a ball right in his hands , & Chandler for not even trying to hit the ball that was over thrown on the interception & that call on Goodwin not having control all the way through ??? How much BS was that ? That rule needs to be changed he was down how long do you need to be there to have it be a catch

TOTAL BS !!!

Agreed. He should be be waived.

If he needs to be waived being a rookie in his first real start then TJ Graham should be sitting right next to him !!

How much more do we need to see that he can't be depended on when we need a catch ??

Tebow would be a VAST improvement over Tuel. That's not really a ringing endorsement, but the truth. He's accomplished about 1000x more in his college and NFL career than Tuel.

Btw - I agree tebow sucks, but just playing into the hate tebow hype machine doesn't mean he isn't much better than Tuel.

Ok, now just stop it! Logic and facts have no place on this board.....hold my pitchfork while i light this torch!

He made more throws on third and long, than any Bills QB in a ling time. I'm not saying he played well, but he did some things well. Avoided sacks, and gained two or three yards when he had nothing. Forced KC to respect the fact he will go down field. Managed the game well, made the right reads and was victimized by the same plague we have suffered all year: drops. He also sailed a few to many balls (6'7" Chandler, really?!). If we cut him, he will not clear waivers.

I agree. We were on the field for over 30 minutes, converting a lot of 3rd downs. If the chiefs don't return tuel's pick for a TD, then no one is even talking about him. If graham doesn't fumble, then we all would be saying he had a solid game.

I agree. We were on the field for over 30 minutes, converting a lot of 3rd downs. If the chiefs don't return tuel's pick for a TD, then no one is even talking about him. If graham doesn't fumble, then we all would be saying he had a solid game.

:rolleyes:

Ok, now just stop it! Logic and facts have no place on this board.....hold my pitchfork while i light this torch!

Haha!

It's pathetic that we even have to discuss this. If they wanted to stash Tuel on the PS until he hits puberty and see if his arm strength improves, that's fine. But it's just embarrassing he's out there now and it's totally unfair to him.

No question the Bills did enough to win this game.

I think Tuel did some good things, but he also did some bad things. But that's not his fault. He is an undrafted rookie being put in this situation.

It's obvious that he does not have the arm strength that many scouts have spoken of. He underthrew a few receivers on long pass plays that would have been TD's had he put enough air under it.

Granted, he did make some good throws. But he didn't identify the KC breakdown in coverage in the 100 yard pick six that should have had him pump fake the throw and seen Stevie wide open in the endzone.

Tuel was put in the position to play a game that he doesn't have the skill set to win. Granted, he is probably better than some undrafted rookies (or even drafted rookies) this far into his career. But bottom line is his accuracy was horrible, lack of arm strength was a killer, and he made some glaring mistakes. 3 turnovers led to 17 points. YOu can't blame the Bills D for any of those, as 2 were turnovers for TD's and the one interception resulted in the Bills D holding KC and settling for a field goal.

Bills D did enough to win this game.

What other team can play an undefeated team this tough with a 3rd string QB who is an undrafted rookie.

Props to the Defense. Hackett had a great game plan. Tuel just didn't produce, and made enough mistakes to cost the Bills the game.

Extremely frustrating, but the silver lining is I think a Manuel or even Lewis wins that game.

Doesn't make it any better, but that's the truth.

Also more evidence that this team is heading in the right direction.

Edited by dezertbill

No question the Bills did enough to win this game.

I think Tuel did some good things, but he also did some bad things. But that's not his fault. He is an undrafted rookie being put in this situation.

It's obvious that he does not have the arm strength that many scouts have spoken of. He underthrew a few receivers on long pass plays that would have been TD's had he put enough air under it.

Granted, he did make some good throws. But he didn't identify the KC breakdown in coverage in the 100 yard pick six that should have had him pump fake the throw and seen Stevie wide open in the endzone.

Tuel was put in the position to play a game that he doesn't have the skill set to win. Granted, he is probably better than some undrafted rookies (or even drafted rookies) this far into his career. But bottom line is his accuracy was horrible, lack of arm strength was a killer, and he made some glaring mistakes. 3 turnovers led to 17 points. YOu can't blame the Bills D for any of those, as 2 were turnovers for TD's and the one interception resulted in the Bills D holding KC and settling for a field goal.

Bills D did enough to win this game.

What other team can play an undefeated team this tough with a 3rd string QB who is an undrafted rookie.

Props to the Defense. Hackett had a great game plan. Tuel just didn't produce, and made enough mistakes to cost the Bills the game.

Extremely frustrating, but the silver lining is I think a Manuel or even Lewis wins that game.

Doesn't make it any better, but that's the truth.

Also more evidence that this team is heading in the right direction.

Great post and spot-on!

Haha!

It's pathetic that we even have to discuss this. If they wanted to stash Tuel on the PS until he hits puberty and see if his arm strength improves, that's fine. But it's just embarrassing he's out there now and it's totally unfair to him.

I agree....my point is that with the talent we have on this team which is good run blocking, excellent rbs, and tight ends that arguably are better blockers than receivers....this team should be a read option/spread offense that runs the ball out of the read and goes over the top quite regularly.

Thad would be good at this and so would Tuel. Tuel looked to have wheels.....bad scrambling instinct but good speed.

Put either of them in a position to actually run effectively with CJ and FJ in the backfield and this team could be made into a time of possession threat against any team.

My point is to do what Mike McCoy did with tebow, devise an offense that works to your strengths.....

I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm sure that his family loves him. But Jeff Tuel is obviously not an NFL-quality backup, and never will be. Get Flynn ready, and find someone else on the waiver wire. We don't need any more data or practice reps. He can't play. I'm glad he got that TD pass, because even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while and he'll need something to show his grandkids. But he needs to be released.

Of course, he won't be because Ralph is concerned about full stadia and refills on tapioca. But I digress.

The Coaches have evidence as too why Teul started today, do you have any for your hyperbolic opinion?

You are an idiot. I am not saying Tuel is good, but I am saying that you are an idiot. What more can you expect of an un-drafted free agent?

one lucky play . . . a guy gets beat with his jock landing on the ground under him, be bends down to pick it up, and incredibly he comes up with a football in his hands . . . one lucky play . . . or we're talking about 470 yards of offense, and what a genius Hackett is winning with a 4th string QB, and what guts the FA QB from Washington has . . . one luck play . . .

I agree....my point is that with the talent we have on this team which is good run blocking, excellent rbs, and tight ends that arguably are better blockers than receivers....this team should be a read option/spread offense that runs the ball out of the read and goes over the top quite regularly.

Thad would be good at this and so would Tuel. Tuel looked to have wheels.....bad scrambling instinct but good speed.

Put either of them in a position to actually run effectively with CJ and FJ in the backfield and this team could be made into a time of possession threat against any team.

My point is to do what Mike McCoy did with tebow, devise an offense that works to your strengths.....

Absolutely. I don't really disagree with any of that, except maybe that Tuel could be a read option guy.

Absolutely. I don't really disagree with any of that, except maybe that Tuel could be a read option guy.

Yeah, i have no idea what he ran in college or if he could pull it off, but when he ran in open space, he looked relatively fast. I might be a little off base on Tuel as a read option guy. But there are read option guys out there that could pull it off.

This thread is why I'm not here as much as I used to be. Its hard reading what people have to say who really don't understand the ins-and-outs of the game of Football. Ugh.

Tuel was fine. We knew he would throw INTs. If you were expecting a Brees-like performance you are nuts. He managed the game well. The D played well. Drops, turnovers and mistakes by EVERYONE on the team is the reason for the loss. Tuel's INT at the goal line was tough because it was a 14 point swing, but those things happen to a guy making their first NFL start. He was not the only reason for the loss. He played a fairly good game IMO. You learn from your mistakes and move on. He isn't here to be the starter. He is here to be a backup and he played like a backup. He put us in good spots more often than not.

Without the TD pass to Goodwin, 17-38 for 170 and 2 Ints. Was directly responsible for a 14 point swing. Hard to recover and win games when that kind of stuff happens. CJ and FJ made this game winnable, Tuel made it not.

Rookie 3-4 string QB not a bad start, their is potential for him, but not for this thread.

We can't be benchmarking our players by where they were drafted (or not drafted). The bottom line is he's not a QB that can win games in the nfl right now.

That's like putting Kyle Williams at QB and him going 3-41 with 15 yards and saying, "Well, he did ok for playing out of position"

Without the TD pass to Goodwin, 17-38 for 170 and 2 Ints. Was directly responsible for a 14 point swing. Hard to recover and win games when that kind of stuff happens. CJ and FJ made this game winnable, Tuel made it not.

I think the glaring problem is why you would have a rook QB in his first start throw the ball 38 times when you have the rushing talent that the bills have. This, in my opinion, is expecting whoever is playing QB to run the offense you desire to have rather than tailoring your offense to who you actual have as a signal caller. See Mike Glennon as a good example, most passing attempts for a rookie in his first 4 games ever (i think i heard that). Edited by Garranimal