SIX People Signed Up

Yep. Why wasn't there a public option added?

I don't know. What was passed, did so without a single Republican vote, while 39 Democrats voted against the law in a bipartisan effort to defeat the bill. It serves to reason that the Democrats got exactly what they wanted, or rather would have, had they actually bothered to read the legislation so they could know what was in it. Had they done their legislative duties, perhaps they might have noticed the lack of a public option, and added one?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not what I was talking about dude. Settle down, you should be happy, the health care reform looks to be failing, fail is good for you, people don't get health care, smile man. There will be a Plan B at some point though

Why should I be happy? Because anyone with half a clue could see this boondoggle coming? We're going to end up spending BILLIONS of dollars on another thing that won't work, all the while not making simple, fundamental market-based changes that would actually make a difference.

And there isn't a single person in this country not getting health care because they don't have insurance.

The ACA was a "right-wing crap plan"? OK, Captain Revisionist Outright Liar. Please demonstrate any legislative support from anyone on the right for this law, which was enacted while Democrats held both houses of Congress and the Oval Office.

In his defense, he's been saying this from the start: the legislation is designed to destroy the current system, so the Democrats can build a proper one from the ground up.

So he's being neither a revisionist nor an outright liar. He's just breathtakingly stupid.

In his defense, he's been saying this from the start: the legislation is designed to destroy the current system, so the Democrats can build a proper one from the ground up.

So he's being neither a revisionist nor an outright liar. He's just breathtakingly stupid.

His assertion that the ACA was a "right wing plan" is an outright lie.

Why should I be happy? Because anyone with half a clue could see this boondoggle coming? We're going to end up spending BILLIONS of dollars on another thing that won't work, all the while not making simple, fundamental market-based changes that would actually make a difference.

Oh, you saw this coming, did you? The technical problems or that not enough people would sign up? :rolleyes:

And what market based reforms would you like to see?

And there isn't a single person in this country not getting health care because they don't have insurance.

Bull ****

Oh, you saw this coming, did you? The technical problems or that not enough people would sign up?

I won't speak for Darin, but I certainly did. Anyone who understands business flow, systems, and stucture certainly did as well.

An end to price-fixing via Medicare, tort reform, and the opening of insurance markets.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Oh, you saw this coming, did you? The technical problems or that not enough people would sign up? :rolleyes:

Bull Sh

it

Listen you stupid ass, before it was even enacted many of us laughed at how stupid the law was. The authors of the bill went completely against "The Law of Large Numbers" which is the basis for any insurance.

His assertion that the ACA was a "right wing plan" is an outright lie.

No, because an obscure paper from a right-wing think tank thirty years ago written by a person no one's ever heard of until last week was the basis for it.

So it's not an outright lie. Just bull ****.

Listen you stupid ass, before it was even enacted many of us laughed at how stupid the law was. The authors of the bill went completely against "The Law of Large Numbers" which is the basis for any insurance.

No, you guys are what we normal people refer to as jack asses, so you didn't see anything coming. Your Monday morning quarterbacking is so transparent

ACA is just the scenic route to single payer it's too bad we couldn't get there directly and instead had to use some Heritage foundation right-wing crap plan to get the ball rolling but we will get there.

Yep. Why wasn't there a public option added?

Joe Lieberman single-handedly killed the public option, and would have done the same for single payer, except that there were a lot of Dems against it. Single payer won't happen. Obamafail may have been meant to lead to single payer, but ironically it will show everyone why the gubment has no business doing so.

No, because an obscure paper from a right-wing think tank thirty years ago written by a person no one's ever heard of until last week was the basis for it.

So it's not an outright lie. Just bull ****.

So because of the fact that John F. Kennedy sat in opposition to the Federal Reserve, the Tea Party is built on, and guided by, liberal pricipals.

I like this.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

No, you guys are what we normal people refer to as jack asses, so you didn't see anything coming. Your Monday morning quarterbacking is so transparent

You're right because we all said that this was going to be great and work wonderfully without a hitch. :rolleyes:

Almost all of us with an ounce of a brain said most everything the government touches turns to **** so why will this be any different.

Let me ask you (oh no, I'm asking you a question :o ) if we didn't see it coming what were we saying?

Almost all of us with an ounce of a brain said most everything the government touches turns to **** so why will this be any different.

Well if that's your argument it's stupid. Is Medicare a failure? Go try and take the VA away from Vets and see how far that gets you. Social security the same. And a million other examples. I'd get half the hard core anti-government voters in this country are sucking on the government's tit and would freak out if they were cut off from their "failed government" programs

Well if that's your argument it's stupid. Is Medicare a failure? Go try and take the VA away from Vets and see how far that gets you. Social security the same. And a million other examples. I'd get half the hard core anti-government voters in this country are sucking on the government's tit and would freak out if they were cut off from their "failed government" programs

You know what else would be popular? Bulls that butchered themselves, and then hopped directly onto your grill, raindrops that turned into diamonds once they hit the ground, and beer mugs that magically filled themselves with ice cold IPA the second they were drained.

Popular /= viable.

See below. Note the date. STFU now.

All Pro

• photo-thumb-9928.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • pip.pngpip.pngpip.pngpip.pngpip.pngpip.png
  • 10,415 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

snapback.pngJoe In Macungie, on Mar 25 2010, 11:08 AM, said:

Many, MANY people are uneducated on how Life Insurance works, which is astounding given the simple nature of the concept.

As you well know, one of the problems with the healthcare bill (a gigantic one at that) is the small fine for not carrying it and the legislation requiring acceptance of individuals regardless of pre-existing conditions. It sort of skews the "law of large numbers" and really messes with the actuarial tables. How can anyone expect this plan to work if the only people paying for insurance are the sick or elderly? If this law does not get repealed, single payer rationed healthcare is a given.

A conservative will teach a person to fish. A liberal will give that person a fish. It will be my fish though.

DCTom to me: "Idiot........(Not you, him)" So, I guess I have been officially called not an idiot by the universal PPP idiot judge.

Connor pBrain stated "Yes, all Democratic ideas are bad" 5-26-2011 1:03 pm

"Even after the New Orleans Saints' Super Bowl victory, I have noticed a large number of people, implying with bad jokes and anecdotes, that Loozianna Cajuns ain't smart. I would like to state for the record that I disagree with that assessment. Anybody who would build a city five feet below sea level, in a hurricane zone,and fill it with Democrats who can't swim is a damn genius". Larry The Cable Guy

Edited by 3rdnlng

See below. Note the date. STFU now.

All Pro

• photo-thumb-9928.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • pip.pngpip.pngpip.pngpip.pngpip.pngpip.png
  • 10,415 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

snapback.pngJoe In Macungie, on Mar 25 2010, 11:08 AM, said:

Many, MANY people are uneducated on how Life Insurance works, which is astounding given the simple nature of the concept.

As you well know, one of the problems with the healthcare bill (a gigantic one at that) is the small fine for not carrying it and the legislation requiring acceptance of individuals regardless of pre-existing conditions. It sort of skews the "law of large numbers" and really messes with the actuarial tables. How can anyone expect this plan to work if the only people paying for insurance are the sick or elderly? If this law does not get repealed, single payer rationed healthcare is a given.

A conservative will teach a person to fish. A liberal will give that person a fish. It will be my fish though.

DCTom to me: "Idiot........(Not you, him)" So, I guess I have been officially called not an idiot by the universal PPP idiot judge.

Connor pBrain stated "Yes, all Democratic ideas are bad" 5-26-2011 1:03 pm

"Even after the New Orleans Saints' Super Bowl victory, I have noticed a large number of people, implying with bad jokes and anecdotes, that Loozianna Cajuns ain't smart. I would like to state for the record that I disagree with that assessment. Anybody who would build a city five feet below sea level, in a hurricane zone,and fill it with Democrats who can't swim is a damn genius". Larry The Cable Guy

Yeah but Mitt Romney owns a horse and you don't want sick poor people to get medical care

/gator

I'm still trying to figure out how these exchanges add value for anyone. So far I've got nothing.

In theory it clarifies exactly what you get and for how much regarding the plans that are available to you. Promoting transparency and enhancing competition.

In reality, you don't get a subsidy unless you use the exchange.

I don't know. What was passed, did so without a single Republican vote, while 39 Democrats voted against the law in a bipartisan effort to defeat the bill. It serves to reason that the Democrats got exactly what they wanted, or rather would have, had they actually bothered to read the legislation so they could know what was in it. Had they done their legislative duties, perhaps they might have noticed the lack of a public option, and added one?

Democrats killed the public option.

Medicare, Social Security and the VA are examples you're using that the government runs things well and efficiently? There is waste and overspending in everything the government gets involved in.