Hamza Abdullah is fighting angry with the NFL

NoSaint

This is the guy that walked away to do a trip to mecca last year... seems hes having some trouble getting the nfl to pay for medical stuff and is FREAKING OUT on twitter...yikes.

https://twitter.com/HamzaAbdullah21

A random assortment below, edited for obvious reasons:

Hamza Abdullah ?@HamzaAbdullah21 1h

frick you NFL for that slave trade you call the "NFL COMBINE", where you strip us of our manhood.

frick you NFL for not taking care of players families. frick you NFL.

How many former players have to kill themselves before you guys fricking realize, that they're pushing us to it.

frick you NFL and NFLPA for sitting back and watching all this shite happen. Save the fricking players.

yawn. the guy didn't play enough to even make a dent.

im sure the nfl doesnt love the guy publicly accusing doctors of misdiagnosing concussions and denying benefits.

its a pretty lengthy rant over on his account and he has confirmed its really him to reporters. odd start to it all going on about the religious issues before a hard left turn into the NFL

scott fujita chiming in on twitter:

Scott Fujita ?@sfujita55 51m

What if I told you there's nothing overly rare or unique about Hamza Abdullah's feelings? MANY players agree. But he's speaking up.

Whether you agree or not is up to you. I'm just saying the sentiment isn't anything out of the ordinary. Lots of angry, quiet voices

Edited by NoSaint

i'm not dismissing the problem. the NFLPA needs to drive this issue. clearly the NFL doesn't care. of course, you could argue that BOTH entities are making so much $ that they are doing their best to sweep it under the covers.

i'm not dismissing the problem. the NFLPA needs to drive this issue. clearly the NFL doesn't care. of course, you could argue that BOTH entities are making so much $ that they are doing their best to sweep it under the covers.

The NFLPA should have been driving the issue. They chose a different route of the highest dollar figure available. The players need to start accepting responsibility as well.

Should the NFL do more? Yes.

Should the players have maybe been worried about that when driving for straight dollars. Certainly.

He's Muslim. And he has ham in his name.

Wow. Never heard of him before. Needs some serious help.

So just because a guy is voicing his opinion means he needs help? Or is it because he is muslim that he needs help? since you feel the need to throw that in your post..... Its pretty childish when someone judges someone based on their religious beliefs, ethnicity, or race. This is the 21st century, grow up.

He is right, the whole concussion issue in the NFL is a major issue. Especially since the NFL tries to hide it and many other players feel the same way. He is just being more open about it.

So just because a guy is voicing his opinion means he needs help? Or is it because he is muslim that he needs help? since you feel the need to throw that in your post..... Its pretty childish when someone judges someone based on their religious beliefs, ethnicity, or race. This is the 21st century, grow up.

He is right, the whole concussion issue in the NFL is a major issue. Especially since the NFL tries to hide it and many other players feel the same way. He is just being more open about it.

i dont know if you saw the page, but they didnt seem to be the most rationally put together of thoughts. setting aside his religion, and general politics of the situation --- he got pretty far out there in his approach, which is obviously going to marginalize him and catch the label of being crazy. i think the comment was directed at his extreme tone, not his religion.

i dont know if you saw the page, but they didnt seem to be the most rationally put together of thoughts. setting aside his religion, and general politics of the situation --- he got pretty far out there in his approach, which is obviously going to marginalize him and catch the label of being crazy. i think the comment was directed at his extreme tone, not his religion.

Maybe, but seems like he meant something by throwing in his religion which clearly wasn't needed. I haven't really looked throw his whole twitter feed, but he is obviously upset from the few I saw, and sort of looks like the NFL has tried downplaying his injury and he isn't receiving paychecks now because of the issue of concussions and major injuries.

However, at the same time.. I think players should choose one side. They complain when the NFL imposes rules to make the game safer then they complain when they do receive injuries and concussions that the NFL isn't making it safe enough.

Don't mean to burst you bubble, but I think he was sarcastically referring to the fact that Muslims don't eat ham.

Don't you think he went a little beyond voicing and opinion? What other religion would it be acceptable to talk like that?

Don't you think he went a little beyond voicing and opinion? What other religion would it be acceptable to talk like that?

What does religion matter here? The fact of the matter is the NFL is a multi-billion dollar entity not paying for the medical bills of the players that have built the game into the success that it is today. What other multi-billion dollar entity does so little to take care of its retirees?

What other multi-billion dollar entity does so little to take care of its retirees?

Hmm... Off the top of my head... Basically all of them. WalMart Exxon McDonald's Ford GM...

A much shorter list would be the multibillion dollar entities that do actually do a good job of taking care of their retirees.

I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, I'll say a prayer for you. 0:)

Edited by uncle flap

WTF??

All of them, I would hope.

Trying to get this in the PPP hinterlands are you.

Oh well who cares what you think :P, it is called freedom of speech and we are all supposed to be entitled to it. What does his religion have to do with it?

WTF??

All of them, I would hope.

Trying to get this in the PPP hinterlands are you.

Oh well who cares what you think :P, it is called freedom of speech and we are all supposed to be entitled to it. What does his religion have to do with it?

I don't think his religion has anything to do with it. The post I replied to implied that he was being judged because of religious beliefs. My point was he wasn't. And if he was wouldn't it be disparaging to talk like that? Wouldn't that be the judgment if he was being judged by it? You took my post wrong, who cares what you think, it's called freedom of speech. So it's only freedom of speech if you agree.