Prediction Thread for Bills - Chefs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read that Tuel is taking reps with the first team. If that's true, Bills will lose by a minimum of 21 points.

If I'm getting bum info and Thad is healthy ... Bills win by 9.

With KC's defense and the beating Thad took last week, hopefully just trying to be prepared

True. Sproles is a 10 times better threat in the pass game.

GO BILLS!!!

He is supposed to be but Charles is having a killer season.

and with Tuel and or Flynn playing, I dont see our defense getting much rest and can see Charles making us pay in the 3rd and 4th quarter

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

He is supposed to be but Charles is having a killer season.

and with Tuel and or Flynn playing, I dont see our defense getting much rest and can see Charles making us pay in the 3rd and 4th quarter

CBF

Definitely a game changer if either Tuel or Flynn end up playing significant minutes.

I was only saying that given how effective Sproles is in the Payton/Brees passing game and how easily the Bills negated his impact last week, I'd be very surprised if Charles gashes us in the passing game.

I know how good of a runner he is, though.

GO BILLS!!!

You take a long look at the Chiefs offense and you think that no way can QB Alex Smith (#16 ranked) beat this defense at home, in Buffalo! But then the realization sinks in that the Chiefs will probably run Jamaal Charles until he pukes (#2 ranked)

Then looking at the Chiefs road record this season, 0-8 Jacksonville, 3-5 Philly, 3-4 Tennessee. Then beating 4-4 Dallas, 2-6 NY Giants, 3-4 Oakland, 2-5 Houston, 3-5 Cleveland in Arrowhead its easy to see why they are 8-0.

The Chiefs have yet to play a team with an actual winning record, AND they have yet to play the 7-1 Denver Broncoe's 2x, a team in their division! Guess who is next on their schedule? You guessed it @ DENVER!! Ya know what, The Bills might just catch the Chiefs looking past the 3-5 Buffalo Bills, while looking solely at their division rival they need to beat for the division title. The Bills are getting +4.5 points.

Now, that Bills O line will face the leagues best pass rush this week against the #5 defense. That KC defense has the very best pass rush with, Justin Houston 11 sacks- Tamba Hali 9 sacks. Chiefs have sacked the QB 36 times in 8 games. The #2 in pass rush Bills have 27 over the same 8 games.

Good News-Bad News! The good news is that LG Colin Brown is gone off that O line. The bad news is the Bills O line has shown they don't handle the blitz very well even with Brown gone. The Saints sent 5, 6, and sometimes 7 rushers at Lewis, and not only did the extra blockers miss assignments, Lewis didn't make the pre snap reads very well to set protections. Then he wasn't very good at seeing the hot reads either.

In his 3 starts for the bills QB Thad Lewis has been sacked 13 times, fumbled 6x, while losing 3x, and pressured countless times.

I think this game will come down to the Bills offense being able to handle the Chiefs pass rush, and of course the Bills defense being able to stop the run.

Also, should the Chiefs look past the Bills to their next game against Denver, it could be a win!! :thumbsup:

KC is riding into an ambush. Bills at home, like a wounded animal, pissed and hyper sensitive to the "can't keep up with elite teams" labeling.

KC has had fairly easy competition this year. They are much like the bills with some new coaching staff, new system.

I see the Bills surprising them with healthy blitzes and better than expected coverage on receivers.

I can see Freddy working like he has all year but I see Choice ripping off a couple large runs as a change up. Let's face it, he's got Wingo breathing down his neck (ha!!!).

I see Thad running a bit more and making things happen on the fly.

Home is comforting to these Bills. They are going to take advantage of it.

Bills 30

KC 24 (after a chance to win it in final seconds)

The Chiefs haven't given up more than 17 points all year. With how much Thad struggled against NO, it would be a stretch to assume the Bills will be the first team to exceed that total. That being said, they can't keep up this pace all year, nor can they keep up the undefeated season. The question is whether this is the game the Chiefs will come back down to earth a bit.

So much is riding on this game for the Bills. If they win, not only are they one of the main national stories on Monday, but they will have also put themselves in a solid position for a playoff push with several "easier" games coming up. If they lose, same old Bills, 3-6, looking like even 8-8 is out of reach.

Meanwhile, it's almost an acceptable loss for the Chiefs. They've already played much better than anyone thought and have basically locked up a playoff spot after being the worst team in the league last year. The Bills are at home and the Ralph will be super amped up for this game.

That's why I think the intangibles favor the Bills and they will buck the statistical trends which have been so favorable to the Chiefs so far this season. It is the appropriate game for them to come back down to earth.

Bills win 20-16.

The above bolded statement is absolutely UNTRUE for the Chiefs. The Chiefs are one game ahead of the Broncos in their division, and still have to play them twice. This game is HUGE for the Chiefs. It is most likely the difference between The Chiefs playing at the Broncos in week 11 one game ahead, or tied in their division. (Which also means, it is most likely the difference between the Chiefs finishing that game, tied, or one game behind. No team has better home field advantage, IMO, than the Broncos.)

All that being said, we are only 3 point underdogs, apparently. This is a winnable game.

Edited by Rocky Landing

17-9 Chiefs.

With an injured Thad, or Flynn/Tuel and a limited FJ/CJ... I don't see us having much offensive luck. Our defense, while better, still gives up one or two big plays a game, which is enough for a touchdown, and I see the Chiefs converting a TO into a TD as well, the rest of the scores coming on FGs throughout.

If we had a healthy backfield, and a healthy Thad/EJ at QB, I'd probably predict a Bills win.