Is Tom Brady in decline?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I can't recall another QB who has been so dominant for so long. I hope he wins another super bowl and retires after this season to enjoy the rest of his life with his beautiful family.

John Elway is pretty good for 12-13 years.

John Elway is pretty good for 12-13 years.

Elway did not win the big one until pretty late in his career. Up until then, he was a very good QB but not nearly the dominant force that Brady has been since 2001, and the Broncos, although talented during that time, we're not nearly as good as the Pats have been, year in and year out. Of course, that is partly because Shanahan is not qualified to hold Belichick's clipboard, but still . . .

Brady is back to being Brady. AFC East title is wrapped up.

We only kidded ourselves into thinking Brady was in decline when all of his receivers were hurt. Now that those guys are back, he looks as good as ever. Peyton is the one in decline.

Peyton is the one in decline.

Talk about what have you done for me lately. One sub par game and now he's the one in decline. The guy is on pace for his best statistical season ever while QBing the NFL's best offense to go along with the NFL's best record.

Newsflash, after about the age of 30 pretty much all humans are physically in decline. You'd never know it to look at either Peyton or Brady though. They both make up for it with experience/decision making which is why they're so successful.

Hopefully Brady hits the wall soon though because I've tired of watching the Pats win the division year after year.

Talk about what have you done for me lately. One sub par game and now he's the one in decline. The guy is on pace for his best statistical season ever while QBing the NFL's best offense to go along with the NFL's best record.

Newsflash, after about the age of 30 pretty much all humans are physically in decline. You'd never know it to look at either Peyton or Brady though. They both make up for it with experience/decision making which is why they're so successful.

Hopefully Brady hits the wall soon though because I've tired of watching the Pats win the division year after year.

I know what I saw last night. I have never seen Brady have a game like that. He looked like he was throwing Nerf balls.

They both are who they have been all of their careers; Brady great when it counts and Manning a choke artist.

Yup, even though Brady has turned into a big cry baby. I never got why people would favor Peyton over Brady. Peyton is the king of the regular season. Brady is the king of the postseason. Give me the king of the postseason all day. And the Peyton defenders can't even use the defense excuse because Denver's d handed them 17 points.

P.S. Shout out to Ridley and Dodson for giving me a combined -0.6 points. Thanks fellas! :censored:

+1 I'm really sick of brady and bellicheat.

Yup, even though Brady has turned into a big cry baby. I never got why people would favor Peyton over Brady. Peyton is the king of the regular season. Brady is the king of the postseason. Give me the king of the postseason all day. And the Peyton defenders can't even use the defense excuse because Denver's d handed them 17 points.

P.S. Shout out to Ridley and Dodson for giving me a combined -0.6 points. Thanks fellas! :censored:

Manning is the sexy choice; Son of NFLer Archie, the #1 overall pick, from a big time college program, with as much fanfare as possible coming into the draft. In the pros he's been coddled as much as any player ever, he's been gifted with a hall of fame nucleus of supplementing players to play with and he's played much of his games in the friendly confines of a stadium, with no wind and a steady 72 degrees weather pattern.

Meanwhile, Brady was some lowly 6th rounder who has played outdoors, in the northeast, in the elements, with a supporting cast of characters in his career that none of us can even name.

Edited by Pneumonic

I know we say this every year but the end is near for these 2 guys. They can't play forever & it is going against the very laws of physics why these 2 guys are still so good. I think the Broncos are going to be a surprise 1 & done playoff team this year. THey are probably still going to get homefield advantage assuming they beat the Chiefs next week. Manning struggles in bad weather. You could see he did not have the zip on the ball to cut thru that wind last night. The Broncos would be better off being a wild card & having someone like San Diego or Miami get home field advantage. With the road going thru either Denver, NE, Cincy, KC, should be lousy playing conditions for the duration of the AFC playoffs.

Manning is the sexy choice; Son of NFLer Archie, the #1 overall pick, from a big time college program, with as much fanfare as possible coming into the draft. In the pros he's been coddled as much as any player ever, he's been gifted with a hall of fame nucleus of supplementing players to play with and he's played much of his games in the friendly confines of a stadium, with no wind and a steady 72 degrees weather pattern.

Meanwhile, Brady was some lowly 6th rounder who has played outdoors, in the northeast, in the elements, with a supporting cast of characters in his career that none of us can even name.

Lol, good one

Brady played with a cast of nobodys that he made into champions, while Manning played with Pro Bowlers in a dome who carried him?

When Brady was hurt for the season, his team with a backup QB who couldn't cut it anywhere else as a starter, continued rolling like he was still playing. When Manning was injured for a season, his team was bad enough to earn the #1 overall pick without a challenge.

No one has ever had to question the Colts for cheating either

Why can people just agree that they are both 2 of the greatest to play right now instead of always having to make one out to be not as good as they are portrayed?

Lol, good one

Brady played with a cast of nobodys that he made into champions, while Manning played with Pro Bowlers in a dome who carried him?

When Brady was hurt for the season, his team with a backup QB who couldn't cut it anywhere else as a starter, continued rolling like he was still playing. When Manning was injured for a season, his team was bad enough to earn the #1 overall pick without a challenge.

No one has ever had to question the Colts for cheating either

Why can people just agree that they are both 2 of the greatest to play right now instead of always having to make one out to be not as good as they are portrayed?

Few points:

1) That whole Brady injured and the team not missing a beat is so overblown. That was a 16-0 team that lost 5 more games. That noboby backup also took the Chiefs to the playoffs with a 27 td to 7 int pro bowl season.

2) Brady has played with one great receiver in Randy Moss and that year he set records. Welker was an undrafted FA who blew up once he got to NE. The rest of his receivers have been kinda of scrubs and his rbs haven't been much better.

Manning has had the following skill players picked in the first round: Addai, James, Brown. Gonzalez, Clark, Wayne, Harrison. I would say the Colts have surrounded Manning with very good talent.

3) The dome factor is a huge one. You really don't think Brady's number would look a lot better if he played the majority of his games in a dome? You don't think Manning's numbers would drop if he played the majority of his games in NE and the northeast?

Manning is a great QB but is in the Fouts and Marino category of numbers are amazing in warm weather who come up short more often than not in playoff time. As much as it pains me to say it, Brady is one of the greatest QBs ever and is right on par with Montana for clutchness. Only Brady didn't get to play with the greatest wr ever for most of his career.