My Thoughts Got Blown Up......

I think that there is little doubt that if we were playing with Brees as our QB & the Saints had Lewis as theirs......we would have won the game. Furthermore, I tend to think that we would be at least 7-1 on the season if we had Brees playing on the Bills each week.

People knock the Offense, the Defense, the Coaches, the Players and Special Teams.......but put a star QB on this team and we are a legitimate contender in today's NFL.

Tell it to the freaking Buffalo media. If I read one more article about how the Bills hung in "playing against a decidedly superior opponent" I'll throw up a little bit in my mouth.

With Brees on the same Buffalo roster we are 7-1 or 8-0. There's really no question.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they aren't, but for the most important position on the field -- QB. Otherwise, the Bills are just as talented top to bottom. We were playing with a 3rd string QB for crying out loud, and without our most explosive weapon.

I watched this game with two well-versed Saints fans -- they were worried during the 2nd quarter, and even after the Bills scored to make it 28-17. They both told me this is all about Brees, and that the Saints just find ways to win at home. Both were impressed with how the Bills played and commented about how a couple of key plays made the difference.

The rest of the world doesn't view the Bills as negatively as most on this board. I know your post wasn't negative, but I'm tired of reading how the Bills aren't talented. They are, and it's showing itself each week.

I would say the only definitive positions where we "out talent" the Saints are at RB and DL, and maybe safety if Byrd is up to form.

Tell it to the freaking Buffalo media. If I read one more article about how the Bills hung in "playing against a decidedly superior opponent" I'll throw up a little bit in my mouth.

With Brees on the same Buffalo roster we are 7-1 or 8-0. There's really no question.

You could say the same by replacing Brees with a Rodgers, Brady, or Rothelisberger. They make significant difference to an average team.

You could say the same by replacing Brees with a Rodgers, Brady, or Rothelisberger. They make significant difference to an average team.

Yes, that's the point. The Bills have been a within whisker of winning each game without a superstar at QB. That speaks to their overall talent level being at least on an even par with the teams they have played. The argument that they are still "3 or 4 players away" is nonsense. They are one competent QB away from being a legitimate playoff threat.

I thought Dareus was going to be a much more dominate player then what he's been.

I think Dareus has been playing really well this season.

It would be great if it worked that way. But it doesn't. The Saints are decidedly better than the Bills...

[/size]

I did notice that. They rotated the three nicely, I think. They were fairly fresh the entire game. I like where this D line is going.

GO BILLS!!!

And keep in mind, Carrington is on the mend....that man was playing very well before his injury and his upward trajectory of production in this Defense was encouraging....so, that's food for thought also.

You can say that about pretty much any team. Look at what Brady is doing with little to no talent in NE*.

Agreed.....but that's besides the point. The point being that the Bills are not in fact an inferior team(outside of QB) to most teams in the NFL.

Like I said earlier, considering that a good QB on this team likely would have lead us to a 7-1(or better) record......to constantly complain about mistakes that occur(in all areas of the team) and assume that the Bills are sub-par across the board is unreasonable IMO.

You can say that about pretty much any team. Look at what Brady is doing with little to no talent in NE*.

I would say that the Patriots have the talent, and more so then the Buffalo Bills.

Their problem is they tried to replace a guy who is almost never hurt with a player that is almost always injured in Welker vs Amendola. Plus, they have a mini Welker in WR Julian Edelman. Then they have the best TE in the league in Gronkowski who has been recovering from an injury for the first 5 weeks, and they have two rookie / young receivers in Tompkins / Dobson. Kinda why NE is still 6-2, and hasn't completely fallen apart.

So Brady was forced to deal with two new / young WR's the first 5 weeks. Player who need to learn hot reads and get their timing down with Brady.

Now, look at the Bills receiver corps. SJ has hobbled, and has been playing injured in many games, and missed some. Injuries with Achilles, bad back, and now a hip flexor. Rookie WR's in Robert Woods (22 rec) & Marquise Goodwin injured (6 rec), a 2nd year player in Graham who only has 14 receptions in 8 games. Bills TE Scott Chandler who will never be mistaken for Gronk or Jimmy Graham, and seems to get tackled as soon as he see's a defender.

Then, lets not forget how bad LG Colin Brown was thru 5 games before they cut him. So, even with Brady / Brees behind center, they both might have some difficulty in winning more then 5 games IMHO.

If the Qbs switched teams, score would be reversed or even more in Bills favor. Shows value of recognizing Talent at the QB position and not to belabor the obvious, one of the main reasons we're in the situation weve been in, seems like forever.

I like EJ too and hope he is the answer but he is still unproven. Lewis may be a good backup, hoepfully a better backup than Fitz has proven to be (and he was our franchise QB!!!).

An interesting thought: Brees in a Bills uniform. FJ and CJ would have space to run because defenses would be afraid of our QB's arm... SJ and Woods would be stars because Brees would connect with them even when they were covered... Some of our defenders would become bona fide stars because winners are made into stars.