Going to Nov 3 Chiefs game. R 1 year olds Free if on lap?

COACH85

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying with my wife and 1 year old son into Buffalo from Fairfax Virginia to catch a Sabres game on Nov 2, checking out Niagra Falls (American side) early morning of Nov 3rd, Bills game 1:00pm, leaving Buffalo early Monday morning. Will my son be free if he sits on our lap for both Sabres and Bills? First Home Bills game for my wife and son! First Home Sabres game for ALL 3 OF US! We're pumped! Prediction Bills 24 Chiefs 20 Sabres prediction - No comment. LOL We love WGR and just wish we could somehow meet Schopp and The Bulldog, Sal, John Murphy, or Chris Brown. They all do such a GREAT JOB covering our Beloved Buffalo Bills and love listening to them! Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. Already got our Bills tickets 7th row from field but still searching Stub Hub for best seats in Lower Section and Best Price for Sabres-Anaheim game.

Why would you bring your 1 year old to a Bills game? Seriously.

Second question, if you're sitting next to a fan that drops an F bomb will you complain and ask them to watch their language?

Leave your kids at home!!!! The Ralph isn't Disney land.

Why would you bring your 1 year old to a Bills game? Seriously.

Second question, if you're sitting next to a fan that drops an F bomb will you complain and ask them to watch their language?

Leave your kids at home!!!! The Ralph isn't Disney land.

Um, because we love the Bills and want to go to a Bills game WITH our son.....Seriously.

I'm surprised by the few negative comments about bringing a 1 year old. All the fans of the professional sporting events we've gone to in the D.C. area have been very supportive of our kid being there wearing the home team clothes. I have to believe most Bills fans would show the same support.

If he's not bothering anyone and watching the game with his parents, whats the problem? Life doesn't stop because we have a 1 year old. I'll be sure to tell you how great of a time we had at BOTH the Bills and Sabres games after our return back home. Don't hate little kids based on their age, you might be surprised of how much better behaved they may be compared to a few adults attending the same game. LOL

Edited by COACH85

My $.02...it's incredibly inconsiderate to bring a child to any event attended by others (sporting event, movie, broadway show, etc.) until said child is old enough to understand what is going on and can appreciate the need to respect the rights of others to not be subjected to the crying, whining, and general unrest young children often exhibit. It's pure selfishness or laziness on the parents' part, because the kid certainly doesn't care one way or the other.

I also believe all airlines should designate the back few rows on aircraft for passengers traveling with small children.

My $.02...it's incredibly inconsiderate to bring a child to any event attended by others (sporting event, movie, broadway show, etc.) until said child is old enough to understand what is going on and can appreciate the need to respect the rights of others to not be subjected to the crying, whining, and general unrest young children often exhibit. It's pure selfishness or laziness on the parents' part, because the kid certainly doesn't care one way or the other.

I also believe all airlines should designate the back few rows on aircraft for passengers traveling with small children.

+1, Laziness is the word I was looking for. thanks

I should hope everyone was so charitable to you and your parents while you were growing up. Good luck with that re: the airlines. Know that if a kid is misbehaving on a plane, no one is more embarrassed or annoyed about it than the parent. Know that if the kids are just being kids, you were once a kid too. The parents traveling with them are probably doing so because it is their best option. Cut them some slack and people may do the same for you if you have kids.

I would never take a kid under 7 to the Ralph because I've had too many bad experiences with drunken louts, and crowd control is not the best at an NFL game. I've had good experiences at ball games and as such my daughter is a baseball fan at 4. I do try to be considerate by moving about and not just sitting in our seats when she's getting restless.

Kids don't need to be quarantined, they just need to be respected (not catered to, respected). If they are telling you you need to leave, you do it. If they are hungry, you feed them. If they aren't behaving, they get one warning and then you follow through if the bad behavior resumes. Responsible kids turn into responsible adults.

So your point is taken, if and only if said adults are responsible enough to understand what is going on and can appreciate the need the respect the rights of others not to be subjected to the crying, whining, puking, cursing, and general unrest that inconsiderate adult fans often exhibit.

So now we're lazy and selfish parents because we want to take our 1 year old to a game with us?

Hmmmm, that's a new one. :)

Oh, by the way, maybe we should stop going to weekly Sunday Mass too because our child might make a little noise or blurt out a little something during a service that is suppose to be very quiet?

Nah, we'll fly with him in our normal seats for FREE quietly for our 1 hour flight AND take him to both games, AND still take him to church on Sundays. The best part of it all, WE'RE GONNA HAVE A GREAT TIME regardless of peoples comments or opinions AND we will be sure to respect the rights and privileges of the people around us as well at all places.

Edited by COACH85

RunTheDamnBall you're AWESOME! Truer words have never been spoken. We've had good luck so far but if he did become a problem, u can bet we would remove ourselves from the situation so as to not bother other paying fans and ruin their experience as well.

Thanks for the support JR in Pittsburgh.

I have to side with the majority and say that the game is the worst place you could bring your 1 year-old. Forget the drunks (though a fight could easily put your son in grave peril) the noise level alone is way too delicate for an infant's ears.

I can't believe that the Bills would even let a child that young in - paid ticket or not.

I have to side with the majority and say that the game is the worst place you could bring your 1 year-old. Forget the drunks (though a fight could easily put your son in grave peril) the noise level alone is way too delicate for an infant's ears.

I can't believe that the Bills would even let a child that young in - paid ticket or not.

I would not take one for just that reason alone.

Forget the drunks (though a fight could easily put your son in grave peril) the noise level alone is way too delicate for an infant's ears.

Bring ear protection for him.

He did get protection, mentioned earlier....

We did by him ear phones though for the Sabres game "just in case" they score some goals! LOL