Rodak's been poor at predicting Bills games this year:

Patriots 35, Bills 24

Panthers 21, Bills 17

Jets 17, Bills 14

Ravens 24, Bills 14

Bills 21, Browns 17

Bengals 24, Bills 9

Dolphins 24, Bills 21

He's 3-4 straight up, not to mention predicting a team that he's covering for the first time to go 1-7. I'm not arguing for naivete, but a bit of optimism for a team that's your sole beat is a good thing. No sense in making enemies out of fans in the first 8 weeks of the season.

Maybe it's a good thing he's picking the Saints in this one. He's been wrong 4 times before.

Edited by widerightradio

I'm not arguing for naivete, but a bit of optimism for a team that's your sole beat is a good thing. No sense in making enemies out of fans in the first 8 weeks of the season.

Is his job to have fans like him?

This game is going to be hard to watch, simply because it really has the potential to be a massacre, or an agonizing loss. We simply aren't healthy enough on the offensive side of the ball to really be competitive. I hope I am wrong, but my gut tells me this is one of those games I need to read about monday morning, rather than live through.

Rodak's been poor at predicting Bills games this year:

Patriots 35, Bills 24

Panthers 21, Bills 17

Jets 17, Bills 14

Ravens 24, Bills 14

Bills 21, Browns 17

Bengals 24, Bills 9

Dolphins 24, Bills 21

He's 3-4 straight up, not to mention predicting a team that he's covering for the first time to go 1-7. I'm not arguing for naivete, but a bit of optimism for a team that's your sole beat is a good thing. No sense in making enemies out of fans in the first 8 weeks of the season.

Maybe it's a good thing he's picking the Saints in this one. He's been wrong 4 times before.

Ouch.

These were all pretty reasonable predictions at the time, but now he has a body of work to draw from.

The fact of the matter is that the one constant has been that the Bills have been in every game this year. If you want to make a likely prediction, it's going to be that this game is going to be a close one too. You would have to be crazy to put money on the Bills not covering an 11-point spread. It's a scrappy team; we're going to find a way to stay in this one.

A Bills fan is someone who calls out his team for sucking and then threatens to punch a reporter in the face who does the same.

kj

hahaha. Very true. But it's similar to how you can pick on your little brother, but no one else can.

Ouch.

These were all pretty reasonable predictions at the time, but now he has a body of work to draw from.

The fact of the matter is that the one constant has been that the Bills have been in every game this year. If you want to make a likely prediction, it's going to be that this game is going to be a close one too. You would have to be crazy to put money on the Bills not covering an 11-point spread. It's a scrappy team; we're going to find a way to stay in this one.

slight correction: we are going to find a way to win this one. If our D can confuse the Saints offense, I like our chances. We have to keep the ball out of the Saints hands, (run, short passes, etc), and then get the ball back quickly.