• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

that usually happens on the road though

only hope is they are sloppy off the bye like Miami was yesterday

Forgetting a loss at home to a winless chiefs squad last year, you could count the Sean Peyton coached saints of 2010-11 to have lost to teams like the browns and cardinals at home. Ignoring a road loss to a rams team.

They have been known to lay eggs on those boring noon kickoff games that they are supposed to win. Home and away. Not always, but more than most outside fans likely realize. A strong pass rush and good running tend to be a common trend from the opponents

Edited by NoSaint

Unfortunately (and I am usually the biggest Bills optimist/homer ever) it won't matter whether he plays or not.

Well, that's why you play the games. :thumbsup: Who thought the Colts would beat the Broncos? Or the Jets beating Miami?

Graham is a physical mismatch. Their other receivers are very average. Are you really afraid of Meachem or Kenny Stills?

Well, that's why you play the games. :thumbsup: Who thought the Colts would beat the Broncos? Or the Jets beating Miami?

Graham is a physical mismatch. Their other receivers are very average. Are you really afraid of Meachem or Kenny Stills?

The only guy on the Saints that scares the spit out of me is Sproles. He's a matchup nightmare! :unsure:

Yup but as a receiver. He's not great as a rb. Honestly, I'd put a corner on him when he's split out.

They have Pierre Thomas to handle the "tough" duty. He's not to be underestimated either. This will be by far the toughest test for the Bills' D thus far this year.

The only guy on the Saints that scares the spit out of me is Sproles. He's a matchup nightmare! :unsure:

but if the whole game goes on sproles shoulders, we are in good shape. if they play a really good game and hes the gamebreaker on top of that we are in trouble. if they end up just feeding him the ball though, ill be happy.

let kiko chase him around and byrd ready to come down on screens and stretch runs or help on the rare deep route...

They have Pierre Thomas to handle the "tough" duty. He's not to be underestimated either. This will be by far the toughest test for the Bills' D thus far this year.

hes essentially their version of freddy - does everything well, gritty, good screen guy and normally gets the yards that are their in the running game but not a homerun hitter (unless its on a screen).

itll definitely be a test, but i dont think impossible. if we can get pressure without giving up explosive plays (i guess like any game) its winnable. we have strong players to match up against their weaknesses at tackle, so the pressure should be there. especially with graham out itll help keep the explosive plays down.

best offense we have faced though.

Edited by NoSaint

Great News, however i'm worried about this one, as much as Thad has proven himself, in my brain i still "Thad Lewis vs Drew Brees" in New Orleans...

If we can pull this one off we will definitely make the playoffs!

We are due!

Go Bills

It would be great if Gilmore could get rid of that cast and return to a regular role at CB. That would allow Aaron Williams to move back to safety and cover a guy like Graham. I think he would match up very well with Graham. Too bad the game is in New Orleans. The Saints are so much tougher at home.

If you remember how Kiko looked against Bernard in the Bengal game, then I know you really want no part of Kiko trying to keep up with Sproles on Sunday.

but if the whole game goes on sproles shoulders, we are in good shape. if they play a really good game and hes the gamebreaker on top of that we are in trouble. if they end up just feeding him the ball though, ill be happy.

let kiko chase him around and byrd ready to come down on screens and stretch runs or help on the rare deep route...

hes essentially their version of freddy - does everything well, gritty, good screen guy and normally gets the yards that are their in the running game but not a homerun hitter (unless its on a screen).

Good comparison.

If you remember how Kiko looked against Bernard in the Bengal game, then I know you really want no part of Kiko trying to keep up with Sproles on Sunday.

touche, i did say byrd over the top too though! which, without graham, is a more manageable assignment.

Fair enough but he is only averaging 3.2 ypc. I don't think they have a very good run blocking oline.

its been really bad this year. not sure what the story is. aaron kromer (their run game coordinator) went to chicago, which may be part of it. ingram has been pretty much stopped in the backfield consistently, while pierre subs in and gets a couple yards a carry.

robinson i havent seen as much of as hes just starting to get real touches in ingrams absence.

also remember, for what its worth good or bad - marrone was sean and drews offensive coordinator at one point, and seems to have a remaining relationship. it may be a gift, curse or mean nothing.

Fair enough but he is only averaging 3.2 ypc. I don't think they have a very good run blocking oline.

Neither did Miami. Hopefully the front 7 shows up at the POA in a much stronger fashion. The worst thing you want is the running game working for Brees.

All least, we're pretty healthy in the secondary. Could you imagine Justin Rogers as our starting cb against Brees!!! :sick:

Damn. That's like the best horror movie scene ever!

Thad is really going to need to grow up fast this game. I don't expect our defense to hold Brees to under 30 points. So Thad is going to have to have at least 3 passing TDs and we need either a pick 6 from the defense and/or 2 TDs on the ground to even contend.

This game honestly is the one that has me concerned the most. Graham or no Graham, if we can somehow beat the Saints, my outlook on the season will be that we can beat anybody. Saints are definitely the best offense we will be facing this year so this game relies heavily on Mike Pettine doing his homework. The Saints defense is beatable but our offense isn't that great so I think that that's an even matchup.