game thread is a disgrace

KikO M G

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win by 100 or a win by 1 IS STILL A WIN

Lets keep in mind......we came from behind to win this game...on the road.

The team has grit

Best part is: the people bitching about the "ugly" win will be the first to tell there's no such thing as a "moral" victory. Gotta pick one, IMO.

The end of that game left me drained and a little pissed. They got themselves a lead and nearly kicked it away. What luck that our kicker tripped up that guy. And a couple plays later a receiver was wide open for a td had the qb made a moderately good throw. The last play was absurd. So I was stomping around wondering why they have to make it so hard?

The decision to throw 3 straight passes from about the 20 was a bad decision. I don't give a damn what he says. You get the ball to start the second half. Run it down and take your 10 point lead into the locker room.

I stomped out of the Bills Backers Bar at halftime and kicked around the next door Goodwill till I cooled off and came back to watch the second half.

I'm really glad we won, but it was not very satisfying....to surrender a 10 point lead for no apparent reason, and then to nearly give away the game with that last kickoff and horrible coverage. Sickening. Tainted the win.

The end of that game left me drained and a little pissed. They got themselves a lead and nearly kicked it away. What luck that our kicker tripped up that guy. And a couple plays later a receiver was wide open for a td had the qb made a moderately good throw. The last play was absurd. So I was stomping around wondering why they have to make it so hard?

The decision to throw 3 straight passes from about the 20 was a bad decision. I don't give a damn what he says. You get the ball to start the second half. Run it down and take your 10 point lead into the locker room.

I stomped out of the Bills Backers Bar at halftime and kicked around the next door Goodwill till I cooled off and came back to watch the second half.

I'm really glad we won, but it was not very satisfying....to surrender a 10 point lead for no apparent reason, and then to nearly give away the game with that last kickoff and horrible coverage. Sickening. Tainted the win.

Depending on the accuracy of your account of yesterday's events: I think the Bills are the least of your worries.

I have found both wins and losses by this years Buffalo Bills to be very interesting fun and at times darned exciting.

Prefer the close game where "grit and determination wins the day"

I probably wont follow the Billsclosely as i do now if they just dominate other teams.

Still a fan but wont watch with the same excitement i have now.

Go Bills !

and you make my point...

Have you at least considered the possibility that maybe....just maybe....if we had a good QB rather than a backup's backup or a rookie.....and we had healthy and experienced play makers on the O rather than the hobbled and inexperienced WRs/RBs that we have.......that the plays that have been called would be executed in a totally different manner to that which we have been witnessing?

Thanks. This seems lost on many here.

And you didn't even mention that they are putting points on the board regardless.

And you didn't even mention that the Bills have been in every game until the sometimes bitter end.

And you didn't even mention that the playbook has grown each and every week.

I have to think if Hackett's offense was blowing people out of the water and putting up like 40 every week, a lot of the same people criticizing him now would be calling him "classless" for running up the score and giving him guff for being an immature hot dog.

I also think that if many had a better understanding of how the packaged plays that Hackett calls actually work, they'd be foaming at the mouth for what it would look like when they are properly executed. EJ missed a TON of defensive keys and subsequent reads while he was in there. I'm not just talking about the read option. If EJ develops into who we want him to be, the offense is going to be very, very dangerous.

Thanks. This seems lost on many here.

And you didn't even mention that they are putting points on the board regardless.

And you didn't even mention that the Bills have been in every game until the sometimes bitter end.

And you didn't even mention that the playbook has grown each and every week.

I have to think if Hackett's offense was blowing people out of the water and putting up like 40 every week, a lot of the same people criticizing him now would be calling him "classless" for running up the score and giving him guff for being an immature hot dog.

I also think that if many had a better understanding of how the packaged plays that Hackett calls actually work, they'd be foaming at the mouth for what it would look like when they are properly executed. EJ missed a TON of defensive keys and subsequent reads while he was in there. I'm not just talking about the read option. If EJ develops into who we want him to be, the offense is going to be very, very dangerous.

Fans don't care that this is a rookie head coach, a rookie offensive coordinator, and they are learning as they go. The team also is starting a QB two weeks from the practice squad that played in only one previous NFL game, and the result has to be a very limited playbook / game plan. Fans don't get that fact either. They want to see a Drew Brees wide open offense regardless if the QB knows the plays or not :doh:

It doesn't matter that both RB'a Spiller, Jackson are playing hurt, or that WR Stevie Johnson can't be 100% healthy either. Fans want what they want!!

As for me, I'm just happy to see the fish squished :lol:

You can be sure that, win or lose, the board will be filled with opinions that have no basis in any objective reality. Some people just like to whine and complain. Personally, I am thrilled they were able to win starting a scrub QB and with their top running backs both playing on one leg. Character win. Huge.

Have you at least considered the possibility that maybe....just maybe....if we had a good QB rather than a backup's backup or a rookie.....and we had healthy and experienced play makers on the O rather than the hobbled and inexperienced WRs/RBs that we have.......that the plays that have been called would be executed in a totally different manner to that which we have been witnessing?

Listen, i get what you are saying. but that is exactly when you have to have creative play calling. he ran Frank Summers yesterday for a nice gain. Then he lined right back up and called the exact same play out of the same formation. That is dumb. No other way to put it. You can stick up for Hackett all you want, but he has been terrible so far. I mean i have seen more creativity out of high school offenses. Hackett is in over his head and has shown it. The excuse of back up players is not a good one.

Why the angry face? I'm just saying the board seems to need something to fight about, be it unsustainable turnover ratios or "bad" play calling that's led to us being one of only two teams to score 20 or more points in all 7 games.

IIRC, the Bills generated three turnovers; and committed only one turnover. They just barely pulled the win out of their posterior, despite being +2 in turnover margin.

Sure, I'd love to believe that the Bills will continue to be +2 in turnovers each and every week, right up until they hoist the Lombardi Trophy over their heads. But that ain't gonna happen.

Had the Bills played the Dolphins ten times, then in most of those games the turnover ratio would be much more even than what we saw on Sunday. With an even turnover ratio, the Dolphins win on Sunday, by a reasonably comfortable margin.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

IIRC, the Bills generated three turnovers; and committed only one turnover. They just barely pulled the win out of their posterior, despite being +2 in turnover margin.

Sure, I'd love to believe that the Bills will continue to be +2 in turnovers each and every week, right up until they hoist the Lombardi Trophy over their heads. But that ain't gonna happen.

Had the Bills played the Dolphins ten times, then in most of those games the turnover ratio would be much more even than what we saw on Sunday. With an even turnover ratio, the Dolphins win on Sunday, by a reasonably comfortable margin.

Not to mention that one was a pick-6 and the other gave the Bills the ball in game winning field goal range.

The defense won that game for sure. But that's all part of team sports.