D&C article on Kiko

@DandC: Kiko Alonso's legend continues to grow http://on.rocne.ws/18qo2sJ #ROC

An excerpt...Anyone who truly knows Alonso isn't surprised by his attitude.

"This is exactly how he was in college," said Alonso's teammate at Oregon, offensive lineman Mark Asper, a 2012 draft pick of the Bills who recently rejoined the team. "He'd come smashing in there and make a big play and he has no emotion. He just goes back to the defensive huddle, and we had to trash talk for him. Our big line was 'Kiko Smash.' He'd come through and blow everything up like the Hulk and then just walk back and it was like he was saying, 'Next.'"
Edited by Kemp2Warlick

"This is exactly how he was in college," said Alonso's teammate at Oregon, offensive lineman Mark Asper, a 2012 draft pick of the Bills who recently rejoined the team. "He'd come smashing in there and make a big play and he has no emotion. He just goes back to the defensive huddle, and we had to trash talk for him. Our big line was 'Kiko Smash.' He'd come through and blow everything up like the Hulk and then just walk back and it was like he was saying, 'Next.'"

This kid is probably the steal of the draft.

Thanks for posting this; did I miss it or is it brandy-new?

and, Marrone in the hot tub w/ the players? Somehow I never pictured it happening quite like that. I never shared a shower room with a coach much less a tubbywubby.

Ya' think Belicheat and Marcia hang in the tub? maybe with Giselle bringing them nibblies, ice cloths, and San Pellegrinos?

5]"This is exactly how he was in college," said Alonso's teammate at Oregon, offensive lineman Mark Asper, a 2012 draft pick of the Bills who recently rejoined the team. "He'd come smashing in there and make a big play and he has no emotion. He just goes back to the defensive huddle, and we had to trash talk for him. Our big line was 'Kiko Smash.' He'd come through and blow everything up like the Hulk and then just walk back and it was like he was saying, 'Next.'"

NIce find, thanks for the link! I like the part about Pettine talking to Kiko while he "tilts the head and has this 'why are you saying this to me' look; like the dog with the high-pitched sound," with Pettine wondering if he heard a word or if he understood, "then he goes out on the field "

I also like the part from Marrone, "I have had social conversations and he's extremely bright from that standpoint," Marrone said. "We actually had a conversation one time in the hot tub; we were talking about some financial things, which all of the sudden you're like, 'Whoa.' "

Ya' think Belicheat and Marcia hang in the tub? maybe with Giselle bringing them nibblies, ice cloths, and San Pellegrinos?

If there's one thing Patriots* of which I'm fairly certain, it's that Brady does not want Giselle anywhere near the Patriots locker room much less their hot tub

NIce find, thanks for the link! I like the part about Pettine talking to Kiko while he "tilts the head and has this 'why are you saying this to me' look; like the dog with the high-pitched sound," with Pettine wondering if he heard a word or if he understood, "then he goes out on the field "

I also like the part from Marrone, "I have had social conversations and he's extremely bright from that standpoint," Marrone said. "We actually had a conversation one time in the hot tub; we were talking about some financial things, which all of the sudden you're like, 'Whoa.' "

If there's one thing Patriots* of which I'm fairly certain, it's that Brady does not want Giselle anywhere near the Patriots locker room much less their hot tub

because She would become the center of attention. ahem cough

5]"This is exactly how he was in college," said Alonso's teammate at Oregon, offensive lineman Mark Asper, a 2012 draft pick of the Bills who recently rejoined the team. "He'd come smashing in there and make a big play and he has no emotion. He just goes back to the defensive huddle, and we had to trash talk for him. Our big line was 'Kiko Smash.' He'd come through and blow everything up like the Hulk and then just walk back and it was like he was saying, 'Next.'"

Damned good article. Thanks. Most i have read from Pettine too. funny and promising

A couple more stud linebackers to go with him, and this defense can be nasty.

He IS a couple more stud linebackers !

sorry. wrong thread.