The Dolphins are not better than the Bills

KikO M G

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Post! There are few teams the Bills have consistently beat, and there are many teams that the Bills consistently lose to. So far they are changing that trend this year, since they have consistently beat the Browns and Bengals in years past, and have consistently lost to the Ravens.

Now if they could only change the trend against the AFC East...

I think where the real frustration comes in, is how bad the AFC as a whole is this year except for Denver being the favorite. Kansas City is doing big things with changes in only a few player positions and with 1 head coach. The second wild card spot is there for the taking this year and we sit at 2-4 when we could easily had been 5-1 or 4-2...

The injuries and everything else suck I get it, but if we were 4-2 now, we wouldn't be posting blame threads all over TBD. In a weird scenario, we can still make a push for that Wild card spot but we would have to win 4 out of the next 6 games for that to even be a conversation.

If our record is 6-6 by the time EJ comes back, then maybe we can talk about closing out the season with 4 wins in a row. The last one being against NE. And honestly, if we go 4-2 in the next 6 games, I don't know if Marrone would even put EJ back in. It's a weird situation.

I think the NFL has really achieved great parity this year. Of the teams with the best record, none strike me as the kind of rolling juggernauts we've seen through 6 weeks in years past.

For that reason, determing who the better team is for ANY matchup between teams with 2-4 wins is downright impossible, IMO.

??? I don't know that I've ever seen a team like this year's Broncos in my 28 years of watching pro football- save for the 2007 Patriots. And I'm not sure I've seen a team as bad as this year's Jacksonville Jaguars in quite a while either.

I think where the real frustration comes in, is how bad the AFC as a whole is this year except for Denver being the favorite. Kansas City is doing big things with changes in only a few player positions and with 1 head coach. The second wild card spot is there for the taking this year and we sit at 2-4 when we could easily had been 5-1 or 4-2...

The injuries and everything else suck I get it, but if we were 4-2 now, we wouldn't be posting blame threads all over TBD. In a weird scenario, we can still make a push for that Wild card spot but we would have to win 4 out of the next 6 games for that to even be a conversation.

If our record is 6-6 by the time EJ comes back, then maybe we can talk about closing out the season with 4 wins in a row. The last one being against NE. And honestly, if we go 4-2 in the next 6 games, I don't know if Marrone would even put EJ back in. It's a weird situation.

I've said it before... New England isn't that good, but the rest of the AFC East is bad enough that they have a lock on the division. When they get to the playoffs, they lose. That seems to be the pattern for the past few years, and so far it seems like it could happen again this year.

Parity in the NFL boils games down to whose QB can make the key play. Miami has a better QB. Bills keep it close but will lose. I hate to say that. What I want to see is the Defense improve and keep this game close.

Edited by Nitro

Anyone else feel like the next game doesn't even matter on this board anymore?

One thread about the dolphins game.

Yup the EJ injury has everyone less interested, at least I am to a degree.

Thad could change all that with another strong outing from Thad though. David GarrArd 2.0 perhaps ?

Run game even with hobbled CJ looks good some games.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

To me this team is one big road win from getting that attitude we are looking for. If Thad wins this game on his own, it spells nothing but good from here on out, except maybe NO, but NE showed us all how to beat them. (Hold and not get caught and have Princess Brady as your NFL referee darling).. Ok, so we don't beat NO, not a chance, but KC, and the rest of schedule isn't as tough as recent years have shown. We win a squeaker in Miami, and the heart will be a pumpin.

Until the Bills have more Wins than Miami, Miami is the better team. It's all about the Win column -- it's the only stat that matters.

Damn! Even if the Bills beat Miami Sunday, they can't be declared the better team. That sucks man.

Until the Bills have more Wins than Miami, Miami is the better team. It's all about the Win column -- it's the only stat that matters.

Hey, I know I'm being simplistic, but the NFL isn't going to move move Buffalo ahead of Miami even if Buffalo destroys Miami today. However, destroying Miami today would be a nice start in that direction!