12-4?

The culture if losing is tough to break... You can say it doesn't exist but it surely does.

Anyway my point was more towards the QB situation, rookie coaches, and suspect play on the field especially defensively and with special teams.

Nothing says 10 game winning streak to me, does it to you?

10 game winning streak, no? As I said - they seem like an 8-8 or 9-7 team this year if they get some breaks - which so far, they have not.

But I was specifically highlighting the "13 years" business - which should matter to fans and our frustration, but should have damned little to do with the play of this team, this season, and how many wins they can get.

If you really believe that 13 years of failure means they can't do better - then give up now. Fortunately the team probably won't!

That kind of attitude in fans is all I can guess leads to silliness like these "4-12" predictions. Hey - I suppose they could suddenly start playing much worse, but with two games against zero win teams and two more games against one-win teams remaining on their schedule, anything less than 6-10 would involve them playing worse with Gilmore in the lineup than they already have been playing w/o Gilmore. There's no logic in that - just fans thinking about 13 years of frustration.

Edited by BobChalmers

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are serious optimists. Until they prove they can win, I'm sticking with 4-12.

When they prove they can win... Personally, this team has proven a lot this year. Under a completely new coaching staff, with several rookies in key roles, this team has been in position to win every game. Last year we were 3-3 after 6 and in our 3 losses we lost by a combined 86 points or something like that.

I think this team has already proven against a top offense and two top defenses that it can compete on a weekly basis. I am not denying the fact that we may run into a buzz saw one game along the way, but after reviewing 6 weeks of the season against teams with multiple strengths I don't know how anyone can say that this team doesn't have a legitimate **** at winning any game they are in.

I'm not suggesting that this team will blow 4-12 out of the water, or that I think you are insane for your opinion, bc everyone is entitled to it. The one thing that fires me up though is when so called fans can't hold out even a shred of optimism even when things are moving in the right direction. I hardly think that anyone even has to study this team to hard to verify that this is a completely different team than we have seen in years.

I will give a larger window of my prediction than most, but I believe it's very realistic given what they have proven this year. We will go between 7-9 and 9-7.

I am anxious to see how many people on here are claiming how great these Bills are next year with another solid draft class. The same ones calling for the heads of FO and coaches. The same ones claiming its the same team bc of poor coaching challenges, injuries, and a losing record... Again, EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion, I just wish some people would keep they eyes open during game day and hold some sort of optimism, rather than fall back on 13 years of losing to draw their conclusions for the future... This is OUR team!!!

And btw... The PIRATES made the playoffs!!! Lol

I love Braedenstearns and I nominate him/her for Mayor of Two Bills Drive.

Oh wow, I cant tell if you really mean it? do you?

Everyone who thinks im crazy because I started this topic, I started it because I wanted to see what everyone thinks about the Bills going 12-4..... Guess it wasn't a good idea

Dear Braedenstearns,

Yes, I really mean it. I have a platonic crush on you (whoever you are) and I now second my previous motion to nominate you as Mayor of Two Bills Drive. Furthermore, when the Super Bowl parade in honor of our victorious Bills proceeds down Delaware Avenue, my family and I will reserve a folding chair for you, labelled "Reserved for Braedenstearns, Mayor of Two Bills Drive."

We'll be somewhere near the corner of Delaware and Summer Streets. See you then and there.

Does anyone think the Bills will go 12-4? Or maybe 11-5? I think the Bills have a shot to go 11-5.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

9-7 or maybe 10-6 IF they get healthy!!!

Look at what they have done with ROOKIES and w/o ~ 6 starting players weekly!

A practice Squad QB took the Bungles to OT!!!!

Miami is sack prone .. Chalk 2 up to Buffalo, split with the NYETS,

KC has an easy schedule, the Stillers aint what they used to be, neither are the Falcons.

Dear Braedenstearns,

Yes, I really mean it. I have a platonic crush on you (whoever you are) and I now second my previous motion to nominate you as Mayor of Two Bills Drive. Furthermore, when the Super Bowl parade in honor of our victorious Bills proceeds down Delaware Avenue, my family and I will reserve a folding chair for you, labelled "Reserved for Braedenstearns, Mayor of Two Bills Drive."

We'll be somewhere near the corner of Delaware and Summer Streets. See you then and there.

OK. Now that's just weird.

9-7 or maybe 10-6 IF they get healthy!!!

Look at what they have done with ROOKIES and w/o ~ 6 starting players weekly!

A practice Squad QB took the Bungles to OT!!!!

Miami is sack prone .. Chalk 2 up to Buffalo, split with the NYETS,

KC has an easy schedule, the Stillers aint what they used to be, neither are the Falcons.

I believe Thad Lewis can take is to the playoffs. If the defence plays well we go 12-4 or 11-5. What Thad showed on Sunday, I know he can win games if The D can stop the other team.

Edited by Braedenstearns

I am curious why you think that matters to how they will do this year? Other than Moorman who has even been on the team most of that time?

So you have them doing better that they have in nearly a decade, but then expect the coach to be fired and call that rinse and repeat?

I didnt say the original quote that you are referring to - but ill answer - it matters because the bills have a culture/mentality of losing...losing breeds losing just as much as winning breeds winning

the Bills are 2-4 for a reason - good teams win the games we have lost

OK. Now that's just weird.

Not really, Braedenstearns, not if you know what "platonic" means.

I was impressed by your optimism. So when it faltered and you posted this lost-puppy reply...

Oh wow, I cant tell if you really mean it? do you?

Everyone who thinks im crazy because I started this topic, I started it because I wanted to see what everyone thinks about the Bills going 12-4..... Guess it wasn't a good idea

...I thought I'd cheer you up with a Buffalo football version of "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus." But if you don't know what platonic means, then I doubt you'd know who Virginia is.

Be that as it may, I hope you maintain your optimism.

I didnt say the original quote that you are referring to - but ill answer - it matters because the bills have a culture/mentality of losing...losing breeds losing just as much as winning breeds winning

the Bills are 2-4 for a reason - good teams win the games we have lost

That is the most illogical explanation I have ever heard... It's probably really easy for you to back that up considering its an opinion... What will be your explanation when/if they go on a winning streak this year?? What happens next year when we are in contention or in the playoffs??

So much has changed at OBD that there is no logical argument to be made for your statement... The only thing left from those teams are archived records on bb.com and a few players that actually have talent...

I will try to remember that losing breeds losing... That is of course unless we start winning... Then losing breeds winning... And Finkle is Einhorn...

Not really, Braedenstearns, not if you know what "platonic" means.

I was impressed by your optimism. So when it faltered and you posted this lost-puppy reply...

...I thought I'd cheer you up with a Buffalo football version of "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus." But if you don't know what platonic means, then I doubt you'd know who Virginia is.

Be that as it may, I hope you maintain your optimism.

I'm going to maintain my optimism! Because I believe the bills have everything they need to do it. I also think I'm one of a couple who still thinks the bills will make the playoffs....Probably the only one who thinks they will go 12-5 or 11-5.

Edited by Braedenstearns

Gotta love Bills fans eternal optimism!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Buffalo Bills 2-4, PF 136, PA 157

@ Dolphins 3-2

@ New Orleans 5-1

Chiefs 6-0

@ Pittsburgh 1-4 *

Jets 3-3

Falcons 1-4 *

@ Tampa Bay 0-5 *

@ Jacksonville 0-6 *

Dolphins 3-2

@ New England 5-1

If we can steal 2 of the next 3, my mind will wander to the possibility of making the playoffs. That puts us at 4-5 with a decidedly easier stretch of games to follow. I think 9-7 would give us a shot at the last wild card in the AFC this year.

So how do the next 3 games shape up? I'd say we have a 50% chance of winning at Miami, a 10% chance of winning at New Orleans, and a 40% chance of beating KC at home. I'll let the statisticians do the math on what odds that gives us to get to 4-5 ... Roughly 20-25% chance maybe?

10 game winning streak, no? As I said - they seem like an 8-8 or 9-7 team this year if they get some breaks - which so far, they have not.

But I was specifically highlighting the "13 years" business - which should matter to fans and our frustration, but should have damned little to do with the play of this team, this season, and how many wins they can get.

If you really believe that 13 years of failure means they can't do better - then give up now. Fortunately the team probably won't!

That kind of attitude in fans is all I can guess leads to silliness like these "4-12" predictions. Hey - I suppose they could suddenly start playing much worse, but with two games against zero win teams and two more games against one-win teams remaining on their schedule, anything less than 6-10 would involve them playing worse with Gilmore in the lineup than they already have been playing w/o Gilmore. There's no logic in that - just fans thinking about 13 years of frustration.

The 13 years comment was to point out how ludicrous a 12-4 finish would be.

Aside from that, what about the things that matter on the field then?... a practice squad QB starting with a whopping 2 games played in the NFL, rookie coaches learning as they go, poor special teams play that has already cost them games, and a defense that has been mediocre so far giving up big plays and unable to get off the field on 3rd and long.

I like a lot of what I have seen from this team so far and think they really can compete in a year or two. That said, this isn't the year in my opinion.

The 13 years comment was to point out how ludicrous a 12-4 finish would be.

Aside from that, what about the things that matter on the field then?... a practice squad QB starting with a whopping 2 games played in the NFL, rookie coaches learning as they go, poor special teams play that has already cost them games, and a defense that has been mediocre so far giving up big plays and unable to get off the field on 3rd and long.

I like a lot of what I have seen from this team so far and think they really can compete in a year or two. That said, this isn't the year in my opinion.

I agree, this may not be their year, I would have challenged you on that had we pulled out 2 of the games we lost... The only thing that has hurt us on special teams was the punting, problem addressed, and after one week appears it could be solved, and a long out return against the bengals in ot..